This Week in Battlefield V

frame rate problems on a decent build. anyone help?

glasgowsmile87
14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm ruinning at 60 herts with vsync on and I get constant dips sometimes into the 40 fps marks,I've tried tweaking the nvidia control panel to no avail
the PC is brand new and when I 1st test runned it it was running at roughly 90fps on high, im unsure whats happened its been like this for a few weeks now, is there anyone out there that can troubleshoot with me to see what the problem is, the specs I have arent bad at all and the CPU is more than enough, a friend of mines with the same setup apart from he has 8GB of ram run the game on high at 90 to 100 fps so im not sure whats going on .
here are my specs it would be much appreciated if someone could help me on this one.

thanks in advance folks!

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
4.2 GHz
Number of Cores
Memory
RAM
16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Dedicated Memory
6.0 GB
Total Memory
14 GB

Comments

• ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 1
    Do you have a Gigabyte board? If it has "Auto Tune" installed, get it uninstalled. Also, ensure all overlays are disabled (Discord, Nvidia, Windows DVR etc.)
    Also, double check your in game settings, such as resolution scale to ensure you're not supersampling it to a high degree (this kills FPS if set too high).
  • glasgowsmile87
    Do you have a Gigabyte board? If it has "Auto Tune" installed, get it uninstalled. Also, ensure all overlays are disabled (Discord, Nvidia, Windows DVR etc.)
    Also, double check your in game settings, such as resolution scale to ensure you're not supersampling it to a high degree (this kills FPS if set too high).
    IT IS A GYGABITE z170x ud3, How do i go about disabling autotune? and yeah I'll give the other stuff a try too 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 1
    I'd turn vsync off to squeeze a few extra frames out of the game but overall it's not your systems fault dude.
    Dice screwed something up a few patches ago and is still working on a fix.

I also get stuttering on a system that used to push out 130fps on 1440p (2080).

Don't waste your time with all the "fixes" you can find online especially if it's just one game and all others run fine.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At this point it's gonna be hard for you to diagnose the problem since game is in bad shape when it comes to performance on all three platforms 
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 1
    Sorry I mis-typed, it's called "EasyTune"!
    I have the same board as you. If you open your start menu and type "Control Panel", then under Programs choose "Uninstall Program". Scroll to EasyTune and uninstall it. There might be a second one called "EasyTune Service" or something similar, uninstall that aswell.
    Unfortunately though, if you use the Smart Fan software to control system/cpu fan speeds, it will no longer work and you will need to either set your fan speeds in the UEFI, or download similar 3rd party software.
    This piece of software is notorious for killing FPS, especially during mouse input. Unknowingly, I had this installed for the past year and was killing my performance, I only discovered it as my Wife's computer's performance was suddenly dive bombing after a fresh install of Windows. We instantly gained ~40 fps after uninstalling it. It took AGES to find out that it was at fault.
  • glasgowsmile87
    its crazy i dont know fully what i did but in game i set my max frames to be 200 and turned vsync of and now all of a sudden i have 100fps  at 110% rez, no screen tearing or anything, so strange but im happy now , i still get that weird random freeze that evryones been getting lately but apart from that ive never seen it run smoother, cheers for going through that with me mate but it appears to have fixed itself , i think its something to do with vsync and the fram rate limiter.

• ChiefSniper
    No probs! Glad it's sorted B)