So BFV is even more broken?

124»

Comments

• MAJWolfcookies
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 30
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I doubt that will help, SirBob. I think it’s become painfully obvious by now that too many of the developers that are left at Dice Sweden are learning as they go, so to speak. They have to get familiar with the game engine which takes a lot of time and effort no doubt, and big learning processes like that are something you just can’t rush. The human brain needs time to digest newly studied stuff before you can add more new stuff to learn. Therefore it also doesn’t matter in the short run if Dice hires a bunch of new developers. Only thing that can make a difference is if Dice rehires some of the experienced developers who have left the company, but that may not even be an option if they have moved on mentally and job wise. To conclude: I worry that fixing the game is beyond the current staff of developers at Dice.
    I've been saying this for years. This has been happening with EVERY title they release. No exceptions. The "programmers" remaining at the company are a bunch of hacks and interns. Embarrassing really.
  • anken555
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This may or may not be related, but is anybody else experiencing session crash when you try to join a friend’s game or pick 1 out of the server menu?

I have rarely had that happen on Xbox before the patch, but invisible enemies are back with a vengeance. 😳 Getting 1-shot around corners, killcam not showing whodunnit, & unable to fetch reports have been around for awhile, yet now they’re worse than ever.

Just got kicked back to desktop (sigh). Oh well, I recently picked up RE2 & KH3 on sale, so might as well give them some loving instead. 😓
    Yes, i crash often on Xbox when i try to join a server from the menu. I crashed three times in a row yesterday.
  • Ribbeyroller
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play on xbox one x and I've had no problems. Game runs very smooth for me, hit detection is great, I do very well. Then again battlefield on PC has always been a mess. Every single battlefield ever made has had one game breaking bug after another. This so far is the smoothest battlefield launch to date. The things people say make me think they were never there at launch for the other battlefield games. BF1, BF4, and BF3 were all a complete mess at the same age as battlefield 5. And they still have bugs after all this time. But some how, after each battlefield, people are still surprised everytime it happens. It's a video game people. If you don't like it, go outside and get a life instead of complaining about everything. Watch, next battlefield launch is gonna have bugs, and people are gonna freak out like it's never happened before. People have seriously bad memory. Just deal with it.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hope you wearing ya flame suit with that comment.
  • Gojzer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Enyone know how can i refund game caouse its wors and worst. When i buy game it was nice and now i cant play multiplayer normaly....unvisible solders, only helmets walking etc.....!
  • Foxhound45
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why they had to build this game from scratch and not just re skin BF1 to a WW2 theme, but maybe there is good reason.
  • SnoopDoggo420
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On ps4. Mainly a fighter pilot since I cant see anything on infantry, but the stuttering is so bad that when I'm in a dogfight or intercepting a bomber at low altitude I just lag into the ground and explode no matter what.
  • TheMunt
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was mostly hyperbolic statements on the forum. Took a break for about 2 weeks before last patch I guess, just had half a round and wow. It’s a shambles. Really is the worst state of BF since the beginning, ignoring the Oceania 6/8 weeks of not actually getting on a server and BF4 launch, just wow
  • StormSaxon
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. Last night I couldn’t get into any game modes at all. Every time I tried I was put back in the menus.

I got in today and it was terrible. Good connection but it was so clunky and awkward. Good win a single gun fight.

Sniping. Assault. LMG. Mmg. Nothing worked except tank secondaries. Worst state I’d seen it in.
  • trip1ex
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    My guess is that this game was made for firestorm and they believed it would so succesful that the core game would be of minor importens. Thats why we have an almost empty roadmap and so many problems.

yeah made for Firestorm and 5v5.  They ignored the game that their playerbase has bought all these years.  :)

• Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I took huge breaks from the game and pretty sad to say that it's still an unpolished ****. Keep getting worse and worse.
  • GenCuster
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    SirBobdk said:
    My guess is that this game was made for firestorm and they believed it would so succesful that the core game would be of minor importens. Thats why we have an almost empty roadmap and so many problems.

yeah made for Firestorm and 5v5.  They ignored the game that their playerbase has bought all these years.  :)

I hope they kicked the "genius" who thought this .......

• lll_RAMB0_lll
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    It has become unplayable.
    3 patches ago I had no problems, but it gradually got worse for each patch and after the last one I almost can' t play anymore.
    The game runs terribly and especially in gunfights. Nothing but lag, stuttering and it feels like half my shoots are not reg.
    And with the planes also broken I think it time to call it the day and leave this huge mistake of a game.

Now getting green and black screen flashes in game every 20-30 seconds. I keep leaving this and coming back because i had a bit of money in this game and want to see it sorted but this is a joke. STILL not fixed after all this time. DICE have always been slow with getting the game to run properly but this is an all time new low even for them. Next time I'll wait 3-4 months after release to see if it's another broken piece of junk they are putting out, if it is then I won't be buying. It's the only way to buy these titles now. These new age dev's just don't like releasing finished content any more so i won't buy until it's finished. Someone else can be the guinea pig while they take in millions in revenue because I'm not going to do this anymore.
  • ChickenTheTank
    264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    It has become unplayable.3 patches ago I had no problems, but it gradually got worse for each patch and after the last one I almost can' t play anymore.The game runs terribly and especially in gunfights. Nothing but lag, stuttering and it feels like half my shoots are not reg.
    And with the planes also broken I think it time to call it the day and leave this huge mistake of a game.

Now getting green and black screen flashes in game every 20-30 seconds. I keep leaving this and coming back because i had a bit of money in this game and want to see it sorted but this is a joke. STILL not fixed after all this time. DICE have always been slow with getting the game to run properly but this is an all time new low even for them. Next time I'll wait 3-4 months after release to see if it's another broken piece of junk they are putting out, if it is then I won't be buying. It's the only way to buy these titles now. These new age dev's just don't like releasing finished content any more so i won't buy until it's finished. Someone else can be the guinea pig while they take in millions in revenue because I'm not going to do this anymore.

I've read a lot of PC players have to do some sort of "system reset" on their machine when updates come out for bf5. Supposedly there's some pretty substantial performance boost afterwords.

I've been on console for a long time now though, so I think you'll have to figure out exactly what that means you need to do, because I'm not sure.
  • lll_RAMB0_lll
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All you can really do is reinstall display drivers or game files. Other than that it's tweaking display settings to see if anything will help. Every other game runs flawless for hours and hours on end. This is the only title i have issues with now.
    Just fed up with it all and is why i have been away from this game for so long and to come back to it like this is nuts.