Who uses auto aim? AND WHY?!

dustylamborghini
30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I always turn these settings all the way down/completely off - as I know how to use my thumbsticks and I also choose what to do and when to do it with them myself, I do not need any "assistance" with it at all...

But... I would love to know what is keeping people from learning to use their controller properly... (Ironically, I suspect the answer simply is "auto aim")

And, yes! It was a really SMUG way to ask about it, but WTF (?!?!?!?!)  Also, my perspective IS that it is just a (albeit, perhaps a mild) version of cheating.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the reminder that I need to turn mine down more. I was getting a bit annoyed at getting pulled off target but typically forgot to make any changes before turning the game off. 
  • mollyfrank1
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was removed?  I can't find the setting.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have both aim assists settings at 0%. That sticky aim annoyed the freak out of me because I could not aim where I wanted
  • OskooI_007
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sticky aim helps lock onto targets when playing with a high sensitivity. I'm pretty sure BrokenMachine plays with sticky aim enabled.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sticky aim helps lock onto targets when playing with a high sensitivity. I'm pretty sure BrokenMachine plays with sticky aim enabled.
    yeah, I play on high sensitivity and sticky aim does make a difference (I have it on around 40% but may need to bump it a bit)
  • SMK_GAMING_1
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He plays with 50%, as do I. I think its a good middle ground 
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm at 50% too. I was playing without auto rotation off but assist on for BF1 but found the stickiness messing you up when more than 1 enemy was on screen, this doesn't seem to be an issue for BFV .
  • dustylamborghini
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone use the aim acceleration at all?

What are your key settings (like the ones you instantly change before you even boot up first run)?

Personally, if I am to learn to use the sticks at all, acceleration has to be turned off, invert y on, and sometimes a little less y-axis sensitivity (comparably to x)... the rest I figure out as I go
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TBM plays with 60-70%. I use 50% at the moment. 
  • ps_865
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Auto aim should be strong so that the average controller player can fight an average k&m cheater. L2/R2 combo should be allowed back, since the Boys AT is the only OSH weapon

I have it off, because it messes up my aim by pulling it to the close by targets
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    ps_865 said:
    Auto aim should be strong so that the average controller player can fight an average k&m cheater. L2/R2 combo should be allowed back, since the Boys AT is the only OSH weapon

I have it off, because it messes up my aim by pulling it to the close by targets
    you are very sour arent you?

imagine playing street fighter or MK11 against someone who uses arcade stick.... yet it's allowed on tournaments etc without official game support.

to be honest Im glad auto aim is off. at least noobs cant take advantage of this and beating  better players just because they have it enabled
  • BaronVonGoon
    6665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    Auto aim doesn't exist. It was called 'Auto rotation' it's been disabled for BFV multiplayer. The game still has slowdown aim assist which is very helpful on console. Aiming with little thumbsticks is unnatural and slowdown helps a little. What's its not though is auto aim. All it does is slow down youre sensitivity when you're on a target as well as give it a little magnetic or sticky feel.
  • AAK547
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have mine on 50% I play with high sensitivity (80%) I feel it's a nice middle ground. But I've tweaked a lot of my settings. I never play any game with auto aim.

Apart from GTA V lock on. Because I enjoy the RNG
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have never played with any aim assist since BF3.
  • ackers75
    2287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will stop using it when other players stop using kB/m adapters
  • BaronVonGoon
    6665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Will stop using it when other players stop using kB/m adapters
    Not happening. :D
  • David_HN_2750
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    ps_865 wrote: »

Auto aim even mess my recoil control. When I turn on, All guns with high rpm are useless in medium range. It just lower the sensitivity down when aiming at the target so you have to compensate for the recoil even more.

MnK user already has tons of advantage. Aiming is just a small part of it. Bunnyhop is so easy with MnK but so hard for controllers, so they can jump behind the enemies and shoot to the back even they just right in front of the enemies' face.

• WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »

Auto aim even mess my recoil control. When I turn on, All guns with high rpm are useless in medium range. It just lower the sensitivity down when aiming at the target so you have to compensate for the recoil even more.

MnK user already has tons of advantage. Aiming is just a small part of it. Bunnyhop is so easy with MnK but so hard for controllers, so they can jump behind the enemies and shoot to the back even they just right in front of the enemies' face.

Actually, custom controllers can bunny hop just as easily as they can map paddles at the back to jump that mean they can keep their thumbs on the thumb sticks. Some people even use ‘the claw’ method of holding a standard controller - although that looks way too uncomfortable ;) That all said, I’m not sure where you are seeing all these bunny hoppers jumping around and suddenly jumping from being in front to behind the enemy. This isn’t exactly Super Mario Bros. The player model only jump a relatively small amount (both height and distance).
  • David_HN_2750
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Actually, custom controllers can bunny hop just as easily as they can map paddles at the back to jump that mean they can keep their thumbs on the thumb sticks. Some people even use ‘the claw’ method of holding a standard controller - although that looks way too uncomfortable ;)

That all said, I’m not sure where you are seeing all these bunny hoppers jumping around and suddenly jumping from being in front to behind the enemy. This isn’t exactly Super Mario Bros. The player model only jump a relatively small amount (both height and distance).
    Nah, I tried the nacon and the xbox elite. It can do the aiming when jumping but it never get to the comfortable level like the MnK. It can even hurt my hand if I play for a long time. This never happen when I play on PC.

DICE nefted how you can jump so you wont see a lot people doing that anymore. Just go back to BF4 and play some matches in operation locker then you will see some guys being so close and suddenly jump behind you, stab you on the back.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Actually, custom controllers can bunny hop just as easily as they can map paddles at the back to jump that mean they can keep their thumbs on the thumb sticks. Some people even use ‘the claw’ method of holding a standard controller - although that looks way too uncomfortable ;)

That all said, I’m not sure where you are seeing all these bunny hoppers jumping around and suddenly jumping from being in front to behind the enemy. This isn’t exactly Super Mario Bros. The player model only jump a relatively small amount (both height and distance).
    Nah, I tried the nacon and the xbox elite. It can do the aiming when jumping but it never get to the comfortable level like the MnK. It can even hurt my hand if I play for a long time. This never happen when I play on PC.

DICE nefted how you can jump so you wont see a lot people doing that anymore. Just go back to BF4 and play some matches in operation locker then you will see some guys being so close and suddenly jump behind you, stab you on the back.

Had a Nacon and Scuf and never had any problems. I get you may have, but that doesn’t mean anyone jumping around is necessarily using any specific device. And this is a BFV forum, why would I care what people can do in another game?