Where is hardcore mode already? (seriously)

glasgowsmile87
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is hardcore mode ever gona happen? this is the 1st bf game that hasn't came with HC mode as standard.
all I've ever played on bf games is HC mode and i'm pretty sure 1000s of other people did too.
I'm sick of seeing hitmarkers and people using them spam tests spraying into random areas to see if a hit marker appears letting them know someones there.

bullet sponges that take 2 sniper rifle shots to kill enrages me if you get hit with a high powered sniper rifle in real life you're gona go down instantly.
assault rifle and smg wise 2 to 3 shot kills should be all it needs to kill.

but it seems to me like the community has totally changed and no longer wants HC mode for the most part leaving the hardcore community as a shunned minority and its not fair at all on us.

opinions?

cheers folks! peace!

Comments

• MrCamp121
    1119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Enough of these threads already
  • Noodlesocks
    3630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Won't find any hardcore servers until the RSP rolls out and the community sets up their own servers.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why are all these threads kind of condescending and "muh realism"?

Also, Hardcore has always been a very tiny part of the community. There's a reason it's being phased out, just like the less played gamemodes. The new name of the game is consolidation of the community and more focus on the main Battlefield experience, instead of catering to every whim of small minorities of players.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Also, Hardcore has always been a very tiny part of the community. There's a reason it's being phased out, just like the less played gamemodes. The new name of the game is consolidation of the community and more focus on the main Battlefield experience, instead of catering to every whim of small minorities of players.
    Doesn't seem to be a good strat given how many people aren't playing BFV.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Doesn't seem to be a good strat given how many people aren't playing BFV.
    Agreed. Yes more people tend to play normal mode, but I highly doubt that it was always a very tiny part of the community. I've seen hundreds of servers filled with people playing hardcore especially on BF4 and BF3, and even on BF1 during its prime. I'm sorry, I want a console game that isn't an arcade style shooter. I want to be constantly reminded of my mortality and how easy it is for me to die if I don't push my ability to aim, adjust for recoil, and plan my method of attack. It is very annoying to see people still rushing towards you despite that they just horde through grenades and explosives, never retreating for falling back when they should. It's times like these I don't understand why there isn't a poll to get some quantifiable data on how many people still have interest in this mode. However, going back to BF4 even til this day I am still seeing servers that are constantly filled with people playing hardcore. Sorry, I don't want to sit there and put at least half of my clip into someone before they die, only to get killed by the next person because the team is constantly run and gunning without any consequences or care for what could happen. Zerging your way to victory should be punishable by those that are highly skilled players. I don't want to play an FPS with training wheels, where the skill curve is so small that even a 5 year old could potentially master this game. This is also why I play Forza and not Forza Horizons, which is pseudo-simulation, and also why I no longer play NFS.
  • Sk1lld
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who promised a hardcore mode?
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Now read the youtube comments on said video...
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just proves his point about HC players though, doesn't it?
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    The irony here is that the minority shunned the majority that didn't touch hardcore.  Now the the tables are turned, and HC is actually out of the game, look at them go running.

In seriousness, I don't think we'll ever get HC even if everyone asked for it. There's just so many problems with the main game as it is.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    The irony here is that the minority shunned the majority that didn't touch hardcore.  Now the the tables are turned, and HC is actually out of the game, look at them go running.

In seriousness, I don't think we'll ever get HC even if every asked for it. There's just so many problems with the main game as it is.
    Fundamentally I'm not opposed to Hardcore. It's just a different gamemode, but like you said there are so many problems with BFV right now, that I'd be angry if DICE decided to work on a gamemode played by maybe 5% of players exclusively instead of fixing the game.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    edited July 2019
    Yes totally, at least half of the comments were totally not in favor of  HC...Because having 3d and 2d spotting is totally much tougher than not having spotting at all, because having a magazine and bullet counter is so much tougher than having to gauge how many rounds you have, because there wasn't any differences in the weapons at all when there was, because having health regen is so much tougher than having to rely on medics, because run and gunning is soo much tougher than being tactical and thinking about what you need to do. Having to rely on radar and having a 3rd person vehicle perspective which gives you a wider range of view versus being stuck in 1st person having to look around and position yourself accordingly whether in a vehicle on the ground or in the air is soo much more difficult. Because being able to shoot directly through a teammate and kill the enemy in front of them is soo much more tougher right? Because being able to endure almost a total magazine of most weapons is far more tougher than getting taken out in just a couple of shots of if not with just one bullet right? lol Is there any real wonder as to why COD had so many screaming 5 year olds in their lobbies? 

You know what this video is actually about? Someone that got completely destroyed constantly and couldn't fight against the learning curve or the different mechanics that instead of simply choosing not to play that game mode at all, they chose to make a video on it bashing it. How many times do people really use this type of response or reaction? How many people get mad or upset at something and choose to go online ranting about how much it sucks? It's basic human psychology. One of the only valid points he makes in the video is how it made some gadgets completely useless, and yeah that sucked. But if HC was easier, then why do most people play normal mode? Why is it only a smaller portion of the community choose to play this mode? Hmm that's so puzzling isn't it? You know...it's called Hardcore for a reason...

To further elaborate, I am not for a HC mode if the core mechanics of the game among the seemingly endless number of glitches, bugs, and other things that this game suffers from is not addressed and fixed first. But to what end or what benefit is there really to be against there being a normal and hardcore mode? Really what is the justification for not wanting players to have that other than making sure the game itself is fixed first?
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019

Just throwing this out there.
    1 minute in and he's already talking about his friend getting banned lol. An authentic hardcore experience for the skilled "normal" player. I'm surprised he didn't get banned for jumping too much while recording his video.
    They really should have a hardcore mode though imo. There definitely seems to be a demand for it.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes totally, at least half of the comments were totally not in favor of  HC...Because having 3d and 2d spotting is totally much tougher than not having spotting at all, because having a magazine and bullet counter is so much tougher than having to gauge how many rounds you have, because there wasn't any differences in the weapons at all when there was, because having health regen is so much tougher than having to rely on medics, because run and gunning is soo much tougher than being tactical and thinking about what you need to do. Having to rely on radar and having a 3rd person vehicle perspective which gives you a wider range of view versus being stuck in 1st person having to look around and position yourself accordingly whether in a vehicle on the ground or in the air is soo much more difficult. Because being able to shoot directly through a teammate and kill the enemy in front of them is soo much more tougher right? Because being able to endure almost a total magazine of most weapons is far more tougher than getting taken out in just a couple of shots of if not with just one bullet right? lol Is there any real wonder as to why COD had so many screaming 5 year olds in their lobbies? 

You know what this video is actually about? Someone that got completely destroyed constantly and couldn't fight against the learning curve or the different mechanics that instead of simply choosing not to play that game mode at all, they chose to make a video on it bashing it. How many times do people really use this type of response or reaction? How many people get mad or upset at something and choose to go online ranting about how much it sucks? It's basic human psychology. One of the only valid points he makes in the video is how it made some gadgets completely useless, and yeah that sucked. But if HC was easier, then why do most people play normal mode? Why is it only a smaller portion of the community choose to play this mode? Hmm that's so puzzling isn't it? You know...it's called Hardcore for a reason...

To further elaborate, I am not for a HC mode if the core mechanics of the game among the seemingly endless number of glitches, bugs, and other things that this game suffers from is not addressed and fixed first. But to what end or what benefit is there really to be against there being a normal and hardcore mode? Really what is the justification for not wanting players to have that other than making sure the game itself is fixed first?
    Well said, Sir. I'm sick of people saying "HC is easy mode". It clearly isn't.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    Any hardcore player will struggle in normalcore you say? Normal mode takes skill you say?

1b5c7e11 2623 4a85 9a26 c953a523ae15
    D614abc0 ddaf 4265 8788 1a55d524ee4d

Yeah it sure does take a lot of skill doesn't it?