Even the BF YouTubers are starting to feel the fatigue.

Sharkbite9204
53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know a lot of folks here don't care for what YouTubers like Levelcap, Jackfrags, or Westie have to say. Since they're mostly seen as members of the loud minority that were part of the problem and a major cause of what happened to BFV.

Nevertheless, it's quite interesting to say the least, or maybe ironic, that even they are posting videos voicing their dissatisfaction with the game. They've been doing damage control and even a portion of the advertising for DICE by trying to inform the community of upcoming updates and content drops since the game's reveal.

I guess you can only put up a facade for so long before even your own discontent causes you to crack.

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You're right. Well, look man, its a very hard lesson for some, but in the end, we all lost. Next time around...maybe EA will keep these out of touch folks away from influencing our game.
  • Sk1lld
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    More like the Taylor that sells the King invisible cloths, everyone complements him on his garment until some young kid asks him why he's naked.
    Every YouTuber is afraid to actually criticize them knowing it will result in there cash cow coming to an abrupt end, and Reddit will down vote any negative reviews burying those posts killing real discussion.
    They're surrounded by yes people, just like the King
  • Texator
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are different kinds of youtubers.
    Those who are supported by ea, those the big ones everybody knows and those the ones i am not really care about.
    I think it was westie who made lately a video about quality managment. Well, i started a topic about bad quality managment on this forums weeks ago. I really dont need the youtubes who are sponsored because they praise dice and only complain about something when really the last man on earth already know there is something wrong.

But there are also other youtubers, those who like to play, share skilled or funny moments. Youtubers like Ekwah (german youtuber so not many international players will know him), Stodeh, FabianChills, Squid and my alltime favorate Modest Pelican. It is fun to watch their videos because they dont try to change everything, they try to have fun with what they have atm.
    And yes, some of them also point out bugs but in a more funny way than this overserious youtubers and they have success.

Just compare Westie, one of the biggest BF youtuber to Ekwah who is limited to german speaking viewers.
    Westie subscribers are 484,122 atm, Ekwahs are 217,598.
    Westies yesterdays video have 90,530 views with 3834 thumbs up, Ekwahs yesterday video have 49,287 views with 2751 thumbs up.
    So a local youtuber manage to be half as big as one of the biggest worldwide known youtuber just with making fun content.
    To make my point clear, the dice supported/sponsored youtubers can not be taken serious.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Texator said:
    Those who are supported by ea, those the big ones everybody knows and those the ones i am not really care about.
    I think it was westie who made lately a video about quality managment. Well, i started a topic about bad quality managment on this forums weeks ago. I really dont need the youtubes who are sponsored because they praise dice and only complain about something when really the last man on earth already know there is something wrong.

But there are also other youtubers, those who like to play, share skilled or funny moments. Youtubers like Ekwah (german youtuber so not many international players will know him), Stodeh, FabianChills, Squid and my alltime favorate Modest Pelican. It is fun to watch their videos because they dont try to change everything, they try to have fun with what they have atm.
    And yes, some of them also point out bugs but in a more funny way than this overserious youtubers and they have success.

Just compare Westie, one of the biggest BF youtuber to Ekwah who is limited to german speaking viewers.
    Westie subscribers are 484,122 atm, Ekwahs are 217,598.
    Westies yesterdays video have 90,530 views with 3834 thumbs up, Ekwahs yesterday video have 49,287 views with 2751 thumbs up.
    So a local youtuber manage to be half as big as one of the biggest worldwide known youtuber just with making fun content.
    To make my point clear, the dice supported/sponsored youtubers can not be taken serious.
    Well, when they cry sure as hell are taken seriously. Once Westie and Jack cried, it took all but two days for them to announce a fix scheduled for tomorrow. If it wasn't for them, you think we'd get it that soon? TTK, they cried, Jack gave them more or less an ultimatum, and his ultimatum was followed to the letter within a matter of days.

And that's the danger, in that our games are being dictated by 'influencers" who may see their bottom lines on you tube dry up.

But it shouldn't have to take youngsters on you tube that may or may not be joined at the hip with DICE. Before you know it, how can we buy a game, knowing it won't totally change in a couple of months, based on the complaints of someone on you tube with no experience at all on these matters? I just don't like it, and think it's a bad road for gaming.
  • Sharkbite9204
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Texator wrote: »
    But there are also other youtubers, those who like to play, share skilled or funny moments. Youtubers like Ekwah (german youtuber so not many international players will know him), Stodeh, FabianChills, Squid and my alltime favorate Modest Pelican. It is fun to watch their videos because they dont try to change everything, they try to have fun with what they have atm.And yes, some of them also point out bugs but in a more funny way than this overserious youtubers and they have success.
    Just compare Westie, one of the biggest BF youtuber to Ekwah who is limited to german speaking viewers.Westie subscribers are 484,122 atm, Ekwahs are 217,598.Westies yesterdays video have 90,530 views with 3834 thumbs up, Ekwahs yesterday video have 49,287 views with 2751 thumbs up.So a local youtuber manage to be half as big as one of the biggest worldwide known youtuber just with making fun content.To make my point clear, the dice supported/sponsored youtubers can not be taken serious.

While I do agree that their opinions don't matter more than anyone else's in the community...

The point of my post is that because of how horrible the state of BFV has become, even the big name Battlefield players that have been plugging the franchise for years can no longer tolerate the incompetence from a supposed AAA studio. They're starting to speak out, which means DICE is running out of people to defend them.
  • Trokey66
    8171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I honestly don't care if the flipped or flopped to finally come to the issues others have been discussing for months. The EA game changers have been in just as much a glass bubble as DICE, they choose which voice to listen to.

They are only complaining now as few and few people watch their videos. Why watch something about a game you no longer interested in. 

What are their complaints this week nerf bipod on MMG, decrease spot radius, no prone or perhaps it's no more explosive. Everything has been set to make their action movies look good instead of making the game interesting and fun. 

Am I the only one that finds it strange that whilst they are bemoaning this or that, the actual video does not show them suffering this or that but their 'highlight reel'?
  • SirTerrible
    1637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    I just like how these videos come out at the same time.
    *puts on conspiracy cap*
    EA can't really strip all of them of their press access if it's all of them posting videos like this! Safety in numbers!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Yeah I noticed that too recently.
  • Noodlesocks
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Seems to be a common trend. Whenever the youtubers have an issue, they all seem to bring out the same video at the same time. Won't be surprised if Dice Sweden nerfs MMGs soon with all the "MMG problem" videos that are cropping up from their youtubers.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    372 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    Pretty good one i watch is Gen_Odyssey or whatever. Japanese player. He streams in english language. Funny guy.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Texator wrote: »
    But there are also other youtubers, those who like to play, share skilled or funny moments. Youtubers like Ekwah (german youtuber so not many international players will know him), Stodeh, FabianChills, Squid and my alltime favorate Modest Pelican. It is fun to watch their videos because they dont try to change everything, they try to have fun with what they have atm.And yes, some of them also point out bugs but in a more funny way than this overserious youtubers and they have success.
    Just compare Westie, one of the biggest BF youtuber to Ekwah who is limited to german speaking viewers.Westie subscribers are 484,122 atm, Ekwahs are 217,598.Westies yesterdays video have 90,530 views with 3834 thumbs up, Ekwahs yesterday video have 49,287 views with 2751 thumbs up.So a local youtuber manage to be half as big as one of the biggest worldwide known youtuber just with making fun content.To make my point clear, the dice supported/sponsored youtubers can not be taken serious.

True. But the trend round here is that you have to make your point by including every single subject matter into one basket.

I cringe every time I read any post along the lines of “the community wanted this or that”.
  • Prep768
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol and they get PAID to play it!

Imagine how we fe......... Oh, wait.......... you don't have to 
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don't care if the flipped or flopped to finally come to the issues others have been discussing for months. The EA game changers have been in just as much a glass bubble as DICE, they choose which voice to listen to.

They are only complaining now as few and few people watch their videos. Why watch something about a game you no longer interested in. 

What are their complaints this week nerf bipod on MMG, decrease spot radius, no prone or perhaps it's no more explosive. Everything has been set to make their action movies look good instead of making the game interesting and fun. 

Dang you did that. Dropped a truth bomb, put stank on it and everythang!
    😂
  • CSO7777
    1077 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    I think that most of the criticism lately (from youtubers) has been pretty much on point and I really think many gamers feel the same (even with all the hate towards youtubers), if the youtubers can help by adding additional pressure on Dice to fix problems with the game, then fine by me.

I know many think that the youtubers destroyed BFV, but in reality a lot of the changes were made because the 'community' in BF1 whined about problems with the game (elites, grenade spam, sweetspot, excessive spotting, medics being too far from the combat, vehicles being to overpowered, RBD etc). Dices solutions are perhaps not what the community wanted, but almost any change in BFV (compared to BF1) are because the BF-forums kept whining about problems with the gameplay in BF1. I think the power of the youtubers are less than most people make it out to be.
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They made it a game to farm infantry. I wish others saw this.

The youtubers wanted easy mode farming kills from blueberries, and they got it...

• herodes87
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    Yeah it Looks Like Dice feeds them with upcoming Changes so that they can cry for it, make a Video and Boom the Change comes with the next Update.

Someone must be really stupid to realize 8 months after release that MMGs and other Things are a Problem.

And its funny that some YouTubers went Back to BF1 Just to Tell people how easy it is and what PRO Game BFV is (Westie about sniping in BFV (He Likes it by the way)).
  • Prep768
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

100% this ^^^

As game changers, whom DICE have listened to, now realise THEIR idea of a BF game is well - tosh