The BS that is Mastery challenge VI for Semi-Autos for Assault

MacoSinon
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I apologize that if I look like a crying baby now, but in all honesty why is this so god damn difficult? Getting 10 head shots in one life is a death sentence, and getting 20 in one round is near impossible. So many times I have tried to get this on Aerodome only to get to 18 out of 20. People aren't the brain dead, unmoving, free head shot kills that DICE expects them to be. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I genuinely have no problems with every single other challenge in both proficiency and mastery challenges with the other groups of weapons, but for Semi-Autos I'm losing my mind over it. Either DICE tweaks it a bit or when the RPS goes live, I will spread the word to start having servers dedicated to doing this stupid challenge. Again, apologies for sounding like a crying baby to an extent.

Comments

• DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think its just you or just the Semi-autos.

For the STG, it's been reasonable throughout all of the assignments despite slightly increasing in difficulty as it goes. Then for the very last assignment it just spikes. Out of no where. 
    To recap what the last STG Mastery assignment is, it's:
    - In 1 life, get 10 kills while attacking objectives.
    OR
    - In 1 round, get 20 kills while attacking objectives.

It must be done in 1 round, and the kills must be from enemies standing on their objective. Not off of it, not on a friendly objective, but on their objective. If you're familiar with Battlefield, then you understand how much it depends on randomness.

You might get a few kills as you attack an objective. Maybe just 1. Or maybe none at all. All assuming you don't die in the process. And once the objective is captured, kills no longer go towards the assignment.

Some people get lucky and complete it in a few seconds while others complete it after retrying a few rounds. Some just give up and don't bother completing it at all. My advice? Have patience. And if you're stuck, and feel like you're going to spiral down into insanity after desperately going for kills round after round with no success, then just remember:

You're not alone.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should leave out the when attacking or defending an objective. Or make it over multiple rounds, since most are too short for the majority.
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They been getting feedback like this for months now. While I'm still hoping for some changes to be made I'm not sure how likely it is.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There used to be a thrid hidden option where you would have to to do 60 kills total with these prerequisites. For some reason they scrapped that sometime in January or so, and ever since then many assignments are just not doable.
    However there are some others that stand out, mostly the ones where you have to kill 20 people in one round while crouching. Or 20 kills while prone.
  • LoliDominator
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    I have the same issue with the STG-44 im still stuck on the last part and i indeed gone mad.

Gotten close ounce when the either dropped grinde and another time with fortress.
    I just wish it was a bit (not saying a drastic baby mission) but sensible assignment for it, not bending over backwards like: Get 20 headshot while moving, prone and hipfiring 30m away, attacking and defending the E objective on Arras while on fire, in one life(with no revive).
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    great my comment never got posted

I have the same issue with the STG-44 im still stuck on the last part and i indeed gone mad.

Gotten close ounce when the either dropped grinde and another time with fortress.
    I just wish it was a bit (not saying a drastic baby mission) but sensible assignment for it, not bending over backwards like: Get 20 headshot while moving, prone and hipfiring 30m away, attacking and defending the E objective on Arras while on fire, in one life(with no revive).
    attacking assignments are easy to complete on certain game modes/maps

I highly recommend Breakthrough Fjel on the attacking side (all my smgs except MAB are gold as well as STG/Sturm1-5)
    Defending is basically anywhere but twisted steel is the easiest
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    copied this from my other post

it has massive cap zone on A and if you get crappy team(s) you can often do it in 1 life since
    1. your team will be full of campers 
    2. enemy team will be full of campers humping those hut roofs
    this will give you plenty of time to complete the assignment.
    For the first A, Just flank from the bottom rear et voila, usually there is one just behind a rock as you go up (occasionally 2) this one will be out side of cap zone. 
    if for some reason you manage to cap the area look up/youtube the out of bound flanks for both B's as this will literally place you in the middle with players turned away from you lol.

Ive highlighted for you where people normally camp. the yellow area is a "danger zone" as you can be easily taken down. with an STG you should be able to take down anyone towards the end of the path from where the first set of huts end (between the canyon thing)
  • MacoSinon
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With how BS the last challenges are, I think I've reached my limit. When RPS goes live, I'm going to just do the stupid challenges.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is they balanced several weapons but failed to adjust the assignments for it.
    Or maybe they just can't , or won't because payd skins are more attractive to them.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah doing these in conquest is the issue, the more luck your having completing the assignment the better/worse your teams doing and the faster the round goes making it harder to get those last kills in time.
    Attacking is particularly bad because it only counts while the flags red, so even though it's still being capped the time your not attacking according to the assignment, it would be different if the whole time was counted to the point where the flag becomes your teams but as soon as it's neutral you may as well run to another flag.