BF V is such a disappointment

MOSSAD-RECRUITER
421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2019
I have played all Battlefield games, except HL, and my conclusion is that this must be the worst version ever. I get it, EA wants to earn and save money. I do no oppose profit, but it feels like EA only care about their own bank account. Not the game or the gaming community. It feels like there are no soul or pride put into the game anymore. I do not blame devs of this game, but EA. Battlefront 2 had some of the same issues, so many of  the problems are obviously coming from the top.

1. In the previous versions we got 4 new maps released in batches. Now: only 1 new map, and in only one mode? No conquest, seriously?
2. Instead of new maps, we have to spend hours on huge patches with skins. That I am NOT going to pay for with real money anyway. Why do I have to pay, when I bought the "deluxe" version? I can't even convert all my earned points into this, so why call  skins "elite"? Ridiculous.
3. The amount of cheaters in this game (at least on PC) is insane. The worst thing is not that players cheat, that always going to happen, but that it is not dealt with properly.
4. The graphic itself is nicer than ever, but there are too many bugs. Sound included. It ruins the gameplay by causing too many deaths.
5. Invisible players. Some camouflage is good, but this is too much. I tried camping myself in "camo mode", and have had several squads literally running into me without noticing. For minutes, until some and same cheaters come and take their one shots...
6. Only centralized servers (which started with BF 1). That means more players with higher ping, and thereby worse gameplay. Which leads me to:
7. No self hosted servers. Before BF 1 the game could be hosted by clans, ISPs and so on. It meant lower pings, but better; active admins that could deal with cheaters and so on. But best; Same players met on same servers daily. Today it is way to casual.

I could mention many other things, but I think many others have already done that. My main point is, this game version does not provide fun, like it used to. More like, frustrations. Its a shame, really.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In the words of Shai Hulud: "Words cannot express my disappointment".

--

On the bright side at least points #1 and #7 should be resolved soon when Al Sudan is fixed for larger modes (it had better be for Breakthrough too *shakes fist*) and their new take on RSP is released.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is not the same as hosting a game server yourself. There were also limited features in BF 1, so lets see about the functionalities.
    Regarding maps, 1 map is not gonna make my day. The earlier concepts worked much better. For instance, do you remember Close Quarters in BF 3? Players loved it. And what happened to night maps?
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is not the same as hosting a game server yourself. There were also limited features in BF 1, so lets see about the functionalities.
    Regarding maps, 1 map is not gonna make my day. The earlier concepts worked much better. For instance, do you remember Close Quarters in BF 3? Players loved it. And what happened to night maps?

I really enjoyed the night maps, I also played and tried and enjoyed every new bit of content and game modes that came out with BF3 and BF4, I really don't expect much change for the next Battlefield unless they pull off some miracle.

I feel like DICE are completely blind and ignorant as to what the majority of players enjoy and love about the series.
  • ElliotLH
    9660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe not but Private Games is the closest we're likely to get with BFV unfortunately.

No argument from me about lack of maps. I didn't even want them to get rid of the premium pass because I could see this happening.
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA's overall plan is to make Battlefield V so average, if not actually bad without the extra profit generated for selling us the launch rejected maps as DLC with "Premium" so that by the time they are ready to announce the next Battlefield game, the player base will once again be begging EA to reinstate a season pass.
    Lack of funding from EA (despite the billions they make above and beyond the production costs of the games they publish) means that DICE will and do make short cuts and cut backs on development.
    EA are quite happy to kill or shelve a game franchise (or a studio for that matter) and they are more than willing to make a loss to prove a point. 
    With EA's input Battlefront 2 turned into a loot box fiaco, that has just escalated to legal proceeding in courts around the world, how was that for "Surprise Mechanics" lol
    So when they dropped the season pass for BFV I knew it would come at a cost, I didn't realise how much that cost would be, "premium currency" and a drip feed of content and fixes is just the thin edge of the wedge. It's going to get worse, while EA execs serpent smile at us and tell us they care while beating DICE to generate content at a slower rate.
  • fisknyllet17
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

A sandworm said that?
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH wrote: »

A sandworm said that?
    Haha nah the band. The sandworms don't have hands so can't play video games 🤣
  • NightSkyn3t
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's easy to criticize invisible players than taking time to learn the map and know the hiding spots . I outplayed so much campers as a medic