Weekly Debrief

Hit detection

jackbigdude
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Putting it on here as i cant seem to report any problems atm. But anyone else experiencing hit detection bugs?? Having to mag dump someone with maybe 3-4 shots not registering any damage to them or on my screen to confirm ive hit ( had to go back in slow motion to actually see i was hitting my target ) and then getting double tapped by 1 guy with a bolty in 2 milliseconds apart from each other ( again had to check that one ) frustration levels of playing this game are through the roof atm

Comments

• Soulbreeze
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been experiencing that since the game came out. Not constantly, but often enough to make some matches very frustrating.
  • CSO7777
    1180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hitreg has been bad in BFV all the time. They said they fixed some hit-reg issues in the latest hot-fix (today), but it still seems bad. TTD is still weird even with all the 'fixes' they've made. 

I think some of the issue is that players are not where you see them on the screen (and your game-client thinks). The fast movement and low ttk is more than the 'netcode' can handle.

For me the hit-reg didn't feel better today than previous days, but I only managed to play a single game before the issues of the TTD-bug, missing audio, invisible players etc got me (stop playing or go insane).

Often on patch-days the hit-reg are worse than afterwards, but with the quality of Dice's fixes lately, they've probably made the hit-reg worse even though they say they have fixed it...
  • robmp11
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guess this is why you get the trophy  hit reg sucks more now then ever and get more server drops now game almost not worth playing  https://gamerant.com/electronic-arts-worst-company-america/
  • NLBartmaN
    3292 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is simple: as long as there are no players with ping above 60-70ms on EU servers hitreg is spot on and works like a charm.

When 2 or 3 players with ping above 100ms join the server hitreg gets trash and frustrating and then it is time to leave the server.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    It is simple: as long as there are no players with ping above 60-70ms on EU servers hitreg is spot on and works like a charm.

When 2 or 3 players with ping above 100ms join the server hitreg gets trash and frustrating and then it is time to leave the server.

Latency can go up to 250. Anything above that is dodgy. 
    Its like playing pool. Some days your eye is in and some days your eye is way off.
  • jackbigdude
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Literally got in a match just now and point blanked someone with a bolty and not a single damage 3 times ... only since they brought in the new hotfix patch ive started having problems
  • PhoCZem
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 5
    Literally got in a match just now and point blanked someone with a bolty and not a single damage 3 times ... only since they brought in the new hotfix patch ive started having problems
    Same here, before patch i was having less problems than now. I am dying all time in one shot, everyone is killing me 80% of the time in HS. I just had few games where i have put whole mag into guy and did 0 damage. WTF is this, this game is more and more garbage with each patch and i am really losing patience and desire to play this trash game. After BF1 i was rly hyped for BFV, but BFV is one big dissapointment and its getting worse with each patch. Next BFV i will be considering loooong time after release, if i buy it. 
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the hit reg has been awful since launch. Some servers you melt enemies and others it feels like you are shooting BBs.
  • InS_Hypno
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Latency can go up to 250. Anything above that is dodgy. 
    Its like playing pool. Some days your eye is in and some days your eye is way off.
    nope 80-90 ping is where the issues starts for the people shooting at the high pinger

However you can easily play with 100+ ping and abuse the fact your hitboxes are broken