What I really like about BFV

Shadeblast
58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Greeting fellow soldiers!

Before I start with a little something we all might actually agree on:
We all know the game is in a really bad situation with construction sites at every corner. But nonetheless, one might as well just enjoy what the game currently is and wait for it to settle down.
The amount of negative and duplicate threads with the exact same point are getting out of hand. Being a developer on Battlefield must be quite frustrating by now...
Either you care about the community and come back to reading the same negativity again and again is demoralizing and we all can understand that.
NOT reading the feedback will develop the game in a direction no one wanted it to and is just as bad for any game that requires community input.

That being said, let's focus on the good parts! Which are actually a LOT on my part.
Here goes:

1. Physicality (aka. Attrition)
For me, this is by far the most positive feature that came to the series.
This game just feels so godly on that part with everything being at a human like scale for the most part.
No instant in/out of vehicles. He reached the Tank? Still has to climb up and not save yet.
Reviving actually taking more than a bit of aiming and *bling*, you're good to go buddy.
Soldier movement being more dynamic and less robot like, making aiming so much more satisfying (if the hit actually registers, but ignore that for now, it's being worked on)

2. Fortification
Damn have I hoped for something like this since back in BF2.
Sadly, most of the maps wouldn't work without it and actually most don't even do with it because they can be rather scarce (at least for my taste)
Players tend to ignore them, especially support which is much faster than a medic(duh!), but they add an extra layer that the maps would be lacking otherwise: Cover!
Fortifications make the game feel much more warlike and add to the atmosphere a lot. No more simple standing around and just stupidly aiming for an enemy to cross your path.

3. Class Perks
One might wonder: Why not simply give all the bonuses to the class?
Answer: Roles! Having the choice to be more offensive, defensive or supportive gives the classes a bit of spice.
Focusing on sniping? Better take that extra breath buddy! Wanna get some Repairs done? Engineer it is! Scouting? Fear no more, Pathfinder is here!
There's a bit of lack in actually noticing the effects, but this can be added to and improved!
You guys remember specialization slots from BC2? That's what this basically boils down to and I LOVE IT.

4. Vehicles
The camping is bad. That's one thing most of us can agree on. But despite that, having the choice between light, heavy, AA, and destroyer tanks is quite refreshing.
Sadly the balance between them is quite off at the moment, but once established. Hell this' gonna be good!
Same goes basically for planes. And stationaries / towables are not really up to their task. But again, all a matter of tweaking the values.
Still, the Vehicles feel great. Like that giant piece of Steel they actually are, driving shudder down the spines of the infantry lurking behind the sandbags.

5. Grand Operations
Yes, even those are awesome for me. Most of it being dues to the incrementing pressure with each additional day. Especially the first Days are what I like the most.
Taking a bomb and plating it at an artillery? This is some good ****. I wish there was more objective heavy missions like this in Battlefield.
Don't get me wrong, capturing flags IS Battlefield at its finest. But remembering the Titan mode from 2142 always makes me shed a tear in respect for that mode...

These were just 5 points and there are surely more if we were to take a closer look at the game and what it WILL be if DICE goes forward with their vision.
I want to speak out my support for the devs working on the game and hope they don't give up in there dark times that are before us.
Additionally, I would like to appeal to the soul of the Battlefield veterans and newcomers. The game won't fix itself and just crying about it won't get it done either.
Bad decisions have been, and will be made, but the game is not dead yet and it can recover faster than one would expect.

wishing you all some nice battlefield moments, I make myself to the next spawnpoint and hope to see you around!

Comments

• Prep768
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Upvoted for optimism
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    745 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    6. I'm normally bored senseless by BR's but Firestorm is amazing. It single handedly brought a squad of my mates back into BFV.

It needs to be made free to play, it's the best BR out there by a mile. Hand it back too Criterion, get those customisations up and running on it and funnel the profits into V content.

7. Squad Conquest is a refreshing addition to V and has quickly become one of my favourite modes. It just needs more maps.

Fix the TTK/TTD, remove some of or add glint to 3x scopes, tweak the maps to provide better cover like they did on Panzerstorm and this could be a great game.
  • SirTerrible
    1637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've read a lot more books since BFV came out due to not wanting to play it and having more free time. Thanks! The books haven't taught me how to not be a jerk yet though so these sarcastic posts are just gonna keep flowing I think. Sorry.
  • BtheReaper49
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I applaud you for your positivity OP but that's about it. Your optimism is the equivalent of saying that your car has a nice paintjob and nice sound system but too bad that the engine runs like total crap. So in essence, the car is still a lemon despite it's small cute features
  • tamatem13
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have u played bf1?
  • Zviko0
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A rare positive post. I like it and mostly agree with it especially with animations. Most people would just like to run n gun. Sure, that's a skill too but so is timing, positioning, strategy, general awareness. Vehicle animations, revive animations or any other animations require you to be good at that too, not just with your aim and encourages team work too.

In BF1 you saw someone dying in the open, you ran up to him, poked him with magical syringe, turned around and you 2 killed 5 people shooting at you. Can you still do that in BFV? Yes. You just need that 3rd factor - brain.
  • fragnstein
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree with every point. Attrition is a trash concept and it doesn't belong in a chaotic 64 player game like Battlefield. Animations also needlessly slow down gameplay and make skilled maneuvers impossible, like jumping out of a plane and rocketing an enemy.

Sounds more like lucky maneuvers, last ditch efforts to kill them before they kill you
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 5
    VVaxDaddy said:
    Think I disagree with everything you said op.

The vehicle entry/exit animation are one of the annoying features in this game, they don't belong in a multiplayer fps.

The vehicle enter/exit animation is one of the few things I agree with OP on. It should be risky to get in and out of a vehicle and prevents the ridiculous situation of previous games where a guy might get out and appear in front of you or behind you while you're trying to kill a tank and kill you.

You should never be at an advantage on someone while exiting your vehicle in an fps, that to me was what didn't belong in these games. The animations force you to make a smart choice of when you're going to get out. I don't get mad when I die mid animation because to me it's pretty obvious I made a poor choice.

Animations are  one of the worst changes ever.    Everyone that played the older BF games knew that a player could pop out a tank and knew to be prepared for it.   

The animations don't make it smarter.  They just make it slower and clunkier.  

The player makes the same decisions as before.  Now it's just slower.  Now it's less fun.  That's all.

You can't have those wild moments where you manage to get into a vehicle in the nick of time  and get away because of the 3 seconds you need to spend saying to the enemy - hey I"m getting a vehicle, you can shoot me now !!!   Nevermind that annoying animation you have to look at every time where the camera is all over the place like some 3 yr old is holding it. 

It also makes just routine getting in and out vehicles a terrible experience.  It makes picking up players a worse experience as well.  Bad enough you could get shot in jeeps and what not.  Now on top of it you gotta spend 3 seconds getting in and out.   

It's one of the worst changes ever made for BF.

• trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @VVaxDaddy

Animations are  one of the worst changes ever.    Everyone that played the older BF games knew that a player could pop out a tank and knew to be prepared for it.   

The animations don't make it smarter.  They just make it slower and clunkier.  

The player makes the same decisions as before.  Now it's just slower.  Now it's less fun.  That's all.

You can't have those wild moments where you manage to get into a vehicle in the nick of time  and get away because of the 3 seconds you need to spend saying to the enemy - hey I"m getting a vehicle, you can shoot me now !!!   Nevermind that annoying animation you have to look at every time where the camera is all over the place like some 3 yr old is holding it. 

It also makes just routine getting in and out vehicles a terrible experience.  It makes picking up players a worse experience as well.  Bad enough you could get shot in jeeps and what not.  Now on top of it you gotta spend 3 seconds getting in and out.   

It's one of the worst changes ever made for BF.
  • VincentNZ
    2590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well it is certainly good to hear that at least a few people genuinely have fun with this game. All the power to you, mate.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Think I disagree with everything you said op.

The vehicle entry/exit animation are one of the annoying features in this game, they don't belong in a multiplayer fps.
    Upvoted for truth. Attrition sucks a gigantic one, crapload of animations ruins fluid of gameplay and so on.