Weekly BF

Please clear up the Reflex/nyadar tints already

Hawxxeye
5972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 4
Devs you have acknowledged that BFV has a visibility problem, how about removing the detrimental darker tints of the reflex/nyadar and stukka sights? they work fine in bright backgrounds but as as soon as they get in shadows, everything is a lot harder to see.
This is already a x1 sight.  Do not make it worse by making people squint their eyes to tell the enemy from the shadows around them.
The iron sights in BFV are already a failure and making other sights also worse does not make the irons better. Find ways to make all the sights good instead of lowering the other sights to the irons or worse levels.

Comments

• LoliDominator
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could also help to change the reflex sight to have just a dot instead of a ring and a dot.
  • Hawxxeye
    5972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Could also help to change the reflex sight to have just a dot instead of a ring and a dot.
    perhaps the ring is there due to the originally anti air purpose of the reflector sights
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Devs you have acknowledged that BFV has a visibility problem, how about removing the detrimental darker tints of the reflex/nyadar and stukka sights? they work fine in bright backgrounds but as as soon as they get in shadows, everything is a lot harder to see.
    This is already a x1 sight.  Do not make it worse by making people squint their eyes to tell the enemy from the shadows around them.
    The iron sights in BFV are already a failure and making other sights also worse does not make the irons better. Find ways to make all the sights good instead of lowering the other sights to the irons or worse levels.
    tint is awful hence why I dont use these anymore.
  • BtheReaper49
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I tried using it with the M1A1 carbine outfitted with the Chrome skin set on Twisted Steel and it was absolutely maddening trying to see players that already blended in with the grass, trees, etc. It's too much and unnecessary
  • Soulbreeze
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried those the first week or so the game was out and never equipped one ever again. They are so dark and poopy it's almost impossible to track a target while ADS.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited July 5
    This was more of universal agreement than I expected.
    I guess even the "everything should only have irons" crowd finally got disappointed in the irons of BFV
  • DingoKillr
    3644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    This was more of universal agreement than I expected.I guess even the "everything should only have irons" crowd finally got disappointed in the irons of BFV
    There are never very many of them and their happy as they have x1.5 with quick ADS time.
  • LoliDominator
    LoliDominator said:

perhaps the ring is there due to the originally anti air purpose of the reflector sights

what do you mean?
  • LoliDominator
    nvm i read up on it
  • StealthAria
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They already did reduce the tint though?  Pretty significantly too.  Over on console there's practically no tint left.
  • G-Gnu
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They already did reduce the tint though?  Pretty significantly too.  Over on console there's practically no tint left.
    You still have obnoxious amount of sun glare in those sights, and with the game is already a clutter fest visibility vise it does not help at all.   
  • mf_shro0m
    1669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeh they are a lot better now. I didn’t use them for months because of how unhelpful they used to be but recently started using them sparingly
  • mf_shro0m
    1669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    StealthAria said:
    You still have obnoxious amount of sun glare in those sights, and with the game is already a clutter fest visibility vise it does not help at all.   

I get glare really badly on certain maps but tbh I’ve never noticed glare specifically in the sights
  • mf_shro0m
    I’d be on them reducing the tint by a bit but wouldn’t like for them to be completely clear
  • Hawxxeye
    LoliDominator said:

what do you mean?
    the first reflector sights unless I am wrong were developed for anti air guns..
    I think that the ring around the dot in anti air sights is there to aid in leading shots to hit them.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But "muh realism". Real Nydar sights were silvered slightly, like a mirror to have ambient light be able to reflect the reticle, and they were useless in low light environments.

Thankfully I never really cared for realism in Battlefield and would love to see them get rid of the tint entirely and function like electronic sights.
  • LoliDominator
    LoliDominator said:

LoliDominator said:

what do you mean?

the first reflector sights unless I am wrong were developed for anti air guns..I think that the ring around the dot in anti air sights is there to aid in leading shots to hit them.

youre right i looked into it and the wiki has a gif for it
  • ProAssassin2003
    3439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think most of the sights are absolute trash. Even Iron Sights.
  • ragnarok013
    3322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I think most of the sights are absolute trash. Even Iron Sights.
    ProAssassin2003 I tend to use iron sights most of the time as I don't like many of the other sights and prefer a more authentic experience when I play.