Weekly BF

BFV Vs BFC.... EA greed on part time players?

morphuk
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Had a discussion this morning regarding people who do not complete there weeklys and are very close to completing...
Im a hard working BF vet who has played BF since day 1, im not a very good player but love to play BFV and rarely get chance to play as of family commitments and long working hours....
As of the new update, it started last week on the friday the 28th of June rather than the normal Thursday to Thursday and believe it or not i was very close to completing for my S2-200 and was expecting it to finish today but it finshed yesterday instead.
When BFV first started you were able to go back to previous weeks to complete these weekly challenges and now its locked and not able to - Why? because EA want you to pay for BFC to complete these tasks and i think for a family guy this is highly unfair! Some of us dont get the time to complete these tasks because of commitments and get penalised for it.

Shweta Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Shweta, may I start with your first name please?
youGood morning
Shweta Hello good morning.
Shweta May I start with your first name please?
youMark
Shweta Hi Mark, nice to meet you, I hope you are doing good apart from the issue you have?
youYes thank you
Shweta Your most welcome!
Shweta I see that you have contacted us regarding Battlefield V. Could you please brief me about your concern so that I can help you with it?
youIm a bit concerned about the new item in "winner takes all" the S2-200 in bfv
youI did not have time to finish as i work long hour and get very little time on BFV and there was less time to do it this time as it started on friday the 28th and finished yesterday which is 6 days....Normally its 7 days thursday to thursday and this was friday to thursday .
youand now im facing to PAY for BFC to complete this which i think is very unfair and greedy to theos who didnt get chance to complete it.
youThats my Friday morning rant!
Shweta That must be really inconvenient for you as you are unable to unable to complete this. Rest be assured, do not worry about it. I'll certainly give it a look.
youIM a Vet BF player and never encountered having to pay for items
Shweta Yeah this must be inconvenient for you as you have to pay for the items.
Shweta Do I have your permission to ask a few questions so that we can help you further?
youof course
Shweta May I know, Is this the first time that you are facing this issue?
youyes
Shweta I really thank you a lot that you have shared this with us and I take this a s a feedback from you and would like to request you to please paste this issue on forums also.
youok will i will.
Shweta Yes, We at EA believes in making the games better based on the feedback given by players so hopefully the team will look in to the issue and help the players .
Shweta Is there anything else I can help you with today?
youYeah the weapon i missed out on? S2-200? So am I still having to pay for it?
youYou use to be able to go back and complete previous weeks and now you guys have locked them off
Shweta I am sending a feedback from my side an also suggest you to share the feedback as this is the best in this case.
youok
Shweta Please do let me know, if there is anything else I may help you with today?
youno thanks
Shweta Thanks for contacting EA help. It was my pleasure to help you today. I would like to inform you that you’ll be receiving a follow up email that will summarize the conversation we’ve just had.
For any query with EA games, you can always contact us or check our knowledge base at help.ea.com for self-help options and Answers.ea.com for in-game queries.

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The whole buisness side of gaming is moving to digital transactions.

Therefore you have a much better margin when you are selling access rather than actual physical products.

And as a result we get this...
  • morphuk
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I accept that gaming is moving more to digital transaction.....But I have already paid for the game! If it was an addon or expansion I would agree and pay, but this is just principle...Why make people pay for the main game why not just Firestorm, make that part of the game for payers and make seasons out of like Fortnite or some crappy game like that. I for one cant stand firestorm.
  • NuttysKunKs
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with you. But again - you are paying to access it so it suits their business model.

Hopefully it will come back to bite them in the **** but probably not.

Too many kids throwing money about. That’s the target market sadly.
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm? you do not have to pay for them. You can usually get them for 1700 CC, after the ToW week. I do not know what the timeframe is exactly, but it is usually ranges between 1-10 days. I would not know for sure though, I never bought a weapon with CC. Also the ToW ran for full week, as I recall, from Thursday 12:00 to Thursday 12:00ish.
    I also do not recall being able to do previous ToW challenges at all after they were up. Are you sure that was doable?
  • sabootheshaman
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is OP saying they can’t get it with regular Company Coin?
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Hmm? you do not have to pay for them. You can usually get them for 1700 CC, after the ToW week. I do not know what the timeframe is exactly, but it is usually ranges between 1-10 days. I would not know for sure though, I never bought a weapon with CC. Also the ToW ran for full week, as I recall, from Thursday 12:00 to Thursday 12:00ish.
    I also do not recall being able to do previous ToW challenges at all after they were up. Are you sure that was doable?
    Was just about to type something very similar. ToW ran Thursday to Thursday for me and I don't remember ever being able to complete past ToW weeks once they'd ended, only that the weapon rewards become purchasable.
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @morphuk I see your frustration, I think you fell victim to a few misconceptions here. I fully understand though that, with limited time at hand the challenges can indeed be hard to compete. Yet you can purchase the rewards (weapons) for rather little CC afterwards. The cosmetic items however are not all purchaseable and/or only for a limited time, so caution is advised.
  • ForbidRhyme
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 5
    They should give us free currency for the all of the trouble they are putting us through with the bug infestation going on right now! Probably won't happen but it would be the right thing to do! We all paid money to have a quality game and thus far they haven't delivered!
  • VincentNZ
    They don't charge anything for it. You can purchase the MG30 for 1700 CC, which is obtainable through one regular gaming session, if you want to unlock it.
  • morphuk
    ElliotLH said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Was just about to type something very similar. ToW ran Thursday to Thursday for me and I don't remember ever being able to complete past ToW weeks once they'd ended, only that the weapon rewards become purchasable.
    For some reason I could only access it on the Friday, which I know is normally Thur to Thur thjats why I found it fairly odd.
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    morphuk wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

VincentNZ said:

For some reason I could only access it on the Friday, which I know is normally Thur to Thur thjats why I found it fairly odd.

That is indeed strange as it went live for me on Thursday in the early afternoon.
  • morphuk
    VincentNZ said:
    They don't charge anything for it. You can purchase the MG30 for 1700 CC, which is obtainable through one regular gaming session, if you want to unlock it.
    Where do you buy the MG30 from? Didnt know there was one....

• VincentNZ
    morphuk said:
    VincentNZ said:

That is the new S-200, I use the MG 30 term for it, shorter to write, easier to remember. :smiley: You can access it via the armory I believe, along with the other missed ToW rewards. just do not ask me precisely where. Or you can purchase it directly from your "my company" tab when selecting your class and then select "replace weapon". The new things should also be listed there for the appropritate classs. So for the S-200 it would be the Support class. Hope that is enough to help you. :D
  • morphuk
    VincentNZ said:
    morphuk said:
    VincentNZ said:

That is the new S-200, I use the MG 30 term for it, shorter to write, easier to remember. :smiley: You can access it via the armory I believe, along with the other missed ToW rewards. just do not ask me precisely where. Or you can purchase it directly from your "my company" tab when selecting your class and then select "replace weapon". The new things should also be listed there for the appropritate classs. So for the S-200 it would be the Support class. Hope that is enough to help you. :D
    Its not in the class section and its not in the armoury only the s-200 skins. So have no idea where it is to purchase with cc
  • ElliotLH
    edited July 5
    VincentNZ said:

morphuk said:

VincentNZ said:

Its not in the class section and its not in the armoury only the s-200 skins. So have no idea where it is to purchase with cc

You buy it from the My Company screen when it becomes available. That'll probably be next week or shortly thereafter.
  • morphuk
    ElliotLH said:
    VincentNZ said:

morphuk said:

VincentNZ said:

You buy it from the My Company screen when it becomes available. That'll probably be next week or shortly thereafter.
    Ok thank you! Made that alot more clearer than any EA techy :)
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH said:

VincentNZ said:

morphuk said:

VincentNZ said:

Ok thank you! Made that alot more clearer than any EA techy :)

No worries and I hope you have fun with it when you get it.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 5
    Yes I accept that gaming is moving more to digital transaction.....But I have already paid for the game! If it was an addon or expansion I would agree and pay, but this is just principle...Why make people pay for the main game why not just Firestorm, make that part of the game for payers and make seasons out of like Fortnite or some crappy game like that. I for one cant stand firestorm.

Well I'm a bf vet and tbh I prefer playing firestorm to some of the other modes, so you may not like it but others do.

Im happy that FS was included, and before people rant off its not bf, I disagree, when I started bf games the only mode we had was 1 - conquest, I'm talking bf vietnam/ BF2. Then with 2142 we got titan mode and so on with each new bf along came new game modes like rush, operations etc.

So you could argue none of them belong in bf and you're missing the point of the franchise - which has always to bring bf gameplay to new modes, else we'd still be stuck on just conquest.

I feel the bf gamers that entered at bf3/4 seem to have the biggest issue with new modes and think that it should just be the modes that they started out on and that's how bf had always been.

They're Wrong.
  • morphuk
    I'm not saying FS was a bad move, I personally just don't like the game style (Die & restart) Such a time waster. I would prefer it, if it was a 3 life cycle rather than having to boot up a round every time you die.

Its good to bring BF to new modes like you said, but what about creating its own ideas rather than copying from other games and platforms?

• Pillownaut
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why didn't they make a stand-alone battle royale game? The BF:Heroes-universe would have been a perfect fit. Wacky cosmetics for days. Such a wasted opportunity :-/