Separate Companies for Separate Countries please?

Elephante33
361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So Im excited

Im excited for the Pacific theatre and all it can bring us. But I do want to know, will we have separate companies to customise for the Japanesse and the Americans? 
Despite there obviosly being British people in South East Asia during the war, the inclusion of Germans would be....odd. And, without going into this again as we have a million times and the devs are aware, we have tonnes of cosmetics for tankers and pilots we cant use on the ACTUAL tanker or pilot, it would be a shame if the same happened to the 2 new nations being added. 

I dont want to have to chose between my current GUNTHER! MMG muscular German boy with the Rat Burner helm and what I hope will be Katashi! muscular Japanesse MMG boy with ripped sleeves and the Imperial flag wrapped around his head firing his Type 92 machine gun from the hip like a badass!

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most likely at least the Japanese Imperial Navy will be a separate faction. I would also wager that the US Pacific will get a separate faction and the US Army in Europe will stay incorporated in the Allied faction.
  • Noodlesocks
    3651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely needs separate factions. I like having my weapons unique to the faction and would be pretty annoying having to switch weapons and outfits every map change.
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same, part of me wishes the weapons where fixed to faction too, ive had it where im not even sure what faction im in because of the weapons my team mates and I are using, and random uniforms, until we start capping a flag. 

That is a bit of a shame that in this Battlefield you cant check if its a freindly or enemy by the sound of the gun, which you could do in all the previose ones barring BF4
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    same, part of me wishes the weapons where fixed to faction too, ive had it where im not even sure what faction im in because of the weapons my team mates and I are using, and random uniforms, until we start capping a flag. 

That is a bit of a shame that in this Battlefield you cant check if its a freindly or enemy by the sound of the gun, which you could do in all the previose ones barring BF4
    Elephante33 that's not true, in BF3 and BC2 you could use the opposite faction's weapon on any country's soldier. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You can separate them yourself if you prefer it that way. I have all British weapons for my British classes and all German weapons for my German classes.
  • Elephante33

You can separate them yourself if you prefer it that way. I have all British weapons for my British classes and all German weapons for my German classes.

are you sure? I used to do that before but it ended up copying what ever i equiped last for the other nation. Hmmm ill try again
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

are you sure? I used to do that before but it ended up copying what ever i equiped last for the other nation. Hmmm ill try again
    That is a setting in the menu you can (dis)able: loadout mirroring ...

But some community manager already said: it is our take on WW2 and we have an Allied and Axis faction to be able to sell unlimited MTX (which off course is more important than WW2 vibe in a WW2 game) and that is it ...

To be honest, I don't want them to make the MTX/customization system any more complex ... can't imagine how many new bugs would be in the game if they made several factions locked to certain locations ..
  • Elephante33

Elephante33 that's not true, in BF3 and BC2 you could use the opposite faction's weapon on any country's soldier. 

are you sure about BF2? When ever I played it everything was locked by nation, China with Chinesse guns, US with American guns, etc. BUt anyways, in a game about a preiod where the weapons used by each side is rather iconic, it would have been nice to be able to do it
  • Noodlesocks

are you sure about BF2? When ever I played it everything was locked by nation, China with Chinesse guns, US with American guns, etc. BUt anyways, in a game about a preiod where the weapons used by each side is rather iconic, it would have been nice to be able to do it
    Battlefield 2 had faction specific guns (Though a couple of the EU guns could be used by any faction). Bad Company 2 didn't.
  • Elephante33

Battlefield 2 had faction specific guns (Though a couple of the EU guns could be used by any faction). Bad Company 2 didn't.

yeah Bad Company you could use whatever, but thats forgivable in a modern warfare game since standardisation is thing and most countries dont locally source their weapons as major powers in 1936 did :P Sure everyone had a BOFORS from Sweden or the UK, but France, Belgium, the UK, Germany, the US and so many more had their own, home made guns, oft with their own home brew calibres and ammunition. 
  • Elephante33
    hell it would even be nice to edit outfits for paratroopers, but hey
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Elephante33  I didn't mention BF2 I said BC2.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I don't see how that would work. Would take a significant amount of development time in order to create faction specific cosmetics (uncommon,rare, epic) and stock said factions with factions specific vehicles..... 

Waaaaaaay to much development time spent for the all other issues this game has. As I've always said creating multiple factions is redundant and given the state of the game currently would be hugely counter productive to the actual fixing of the game which should be top priority. But hey I'm DICE will cave to all these guys screaming about "muh immersion, muh historical accuracy, muh authenticity"!
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In the past (as memory serves) in Battlefield games if you are in one theater of war you only got access to those factions. Why would they suddenly change that system?

Well ok EA might force that change to lower dev costs and to sell more skins for BOINS... 
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There will be separate countries for your company once US and Japanese factions arrive.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/btlcny/bfv_data_mining_us_japan_arrived_secretly/
  • Elephante33
    There will be separate countries for your company once US and Japanese factions arrive.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/btlcny/bfv_data_mining_us_japan_arrived_secretly/
    my bad I miss read, also nice! thanks for the link!
  • Elephante33
    At this point I don't see how that would work. Would take a significant amount of development time in order to create faction specific cosmetics (uncommon,rare, epic) and stock said factions with factions specific vehicles..... 

Waaaaaaay to much development time spent for the all other issues this game has. As I've always said creating multiple factions is redundant and given the state of the game currently would be hugely counter productive to the actual fixing of the game which should be top priority. But hey I'm DICE will cave to all these guys screaming about "muh immersion, muh historical accuracy, muh authenticity"!
    well here is my counter: they already are of the mind set of just changing the colours of previously already implemented costumes and showing them off as new, so I dont see why they wont do the same. They already have 2 items with American flags on them and some American Helmet (Pit Crew comes to mind) not to mention some of the unifroms ingame ARE American, so Im pretty sure they have done the same for the Japanesse already
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

well here is my counter: they already are of the mind set of just changing the colours of previously already implemented costumes and showing them off as new, so I dont see why they wont do the same. They already have 2 items with American flags on them and some American Helmet (Pit Crew comes to mind) not to mention some of the unifroms ingame ARE American, so Im pretty sure they have done the same for the Japanesse already
    Maybe they have, maybe they haven't... I don't personally care but I think that this is a bad move. Simply because the game never advertised multiple factions, and thus suddenly splitting cosmetics to include payed ones may anger the paying customers. It would only make sense paying customers would get precedence over the minority of people calling for split factions. 
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Flakfire did an interesting video on the subject. Do DICE  leave things how they are and have a backlash of Germans at Iwo Jima etc- though they don't seem to have an issue with US uniforms in 1940 settings, or do they make new factions and potentially upset those people who bought Elite or other character cosmetics for Boins, who then would be unable to use them on many of the maps? BFV rushed and not though through-never!!!!
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Elephante33  I didn't mention BF2 I said BC2.
    not that it really matters, but in BF2 only the starting guns were nation locked. unlocked guns (G36E for the medic for example) could be used by any nation.