If you're not happy with BF V, go back to BF4 or 3

SurraDeMangueira
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited July 2019
I'm having a great time playing BF3 again, oh my god how good this game is, I've been seen so many player complaining about BF5 and how broken it is, simple, just quit and go play other version of the game. I think EA and DICE have lost the hability to understand what players want and delivery a good product to them, WE JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! BF3 FOREVER

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 for XBOX 360 was nerfed a ton.  Bad Company 2 be a better option if playing another Battlefield.
  • ragnarok013
    3621 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    BF3 for XBOX 360 was nerfed a ton.  Bad Company 2 be a better option if playing another Battlefield.
    GRAW2ROBZ What do you mean it was nerfed? It hasn't been touched balance wise since 2013. If you're talking about the late cycle nerfs like the mortar etc then yes but that was across every platform not just 360 as I played almost all BF title son every available platform. I still play BF3 and 4 routinely and find both fun even with the late life cycle nerfs.

• lunajpsn
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Was playing BF1, earlier and the war atmosphere was awesome. Bullet tracers, muzzle flashes, sounds, large explosions, smoke, fire, dust particles, good map design and player visibility, maps had a lot of verticality to it, netcode was cleaner...

BFV can be like this...look at the two new maps. They are designed very well. DICE just needs to turn up the tracers on bullets and muzzle flashes (especially from snipers and mmgs) to help with awareness. Explosions could be better...rank rounds in this game hardly have any particle effects after they hit...

Some Battlefield YouTubers also feel the same way you do, some have gone back to playing older BF titles...(e.g., BrokenMachine)
  • KPNuts74
    654 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having a great time playing BF3 again, oh my god how good this game is, I've been seen so many player complaining about BF5 and how broken it is, simple, just quit and go play other version of the game. I think EA and DICE have lost the hability to understand what players want and delivery a good product to them, WE JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! BF3 FOREVER

Yeah great, let’s fragment the community over 3 or 4 releases. No thanks, I’m sticking with the game here and now.
  • Agent-Smith-STK
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KPNuts74 said:

Yeah great, let’s fragment the community over 3 or 4 releases. No thanks, I’m sticking with the game here and now.
    say the player don't have bf4, I uninstall this crap and I go back to BF4 is more stable and servers are full all day long. This game sucks and I'm tired of deal whit the [email protected]%#&$^. God luck whit your game. 
    If you want fun, I see you on bf4.

• KPNuts74
    654 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:

SurraDeMangueira wrote: »

say the player don't have bf4, I uninstall this crap and I go back to BF4 is more stable and servers are full all day long. This game sucks and I'm tired of deal whit the [email protected]%#&$^. God luck whit your game. 
    If you want fun, I see you on bf4.

No, I’ll leave you and the other 4 players to have fun 😝
  • MacTurdy
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    I got a call from the dumpsite today. They told me that even they do not want Battlefield 5 there. So I think the best solution for this game would be to treat it the same as Atari back then did with the E.T. video game. Just dump all the retail copies of this game in a huge pit in the desert of Nevada and never talk about it any more. 
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:
    Are things that bad for BFV that people are now looking at previous BF titles as rivals?

People, just play whatever game you enjoy most, games are there to be fun. You are not obligated to play a game that fails to entertain you.
    This is certainly true, but when you've bought a game ... there's this irrational urge to stick with it in an effort to make it work, even if you don't like it that much. Either you find a way to enjoy it, or accept that $60-80 of your own money has been effectively thrown into the bin.

There are also those who honestly want the game to be better, so they offer constructive feedback for it. They see some potential in it, so they don't abandon it. I truly want to enjoy BFV, and it's not the worst thing ever, but ... I can't do it if the game doesn't even work.

At least I've got a few other games nowadays. BF1 is great, but I've had some connectivity issues with that recently, so I'm sorting that out. Forza Horizon 4 released a Top Gear mini DLC, and even though it's the new Top Gear rather than the show with the glorious old trio, it's been decent, especially after their recent farcical LEGO expansion.

Ubisoft has also gifted me a free Deluxe Edition copy of The Crew 2 out of nowhere. I'd give it an honest go, but the presence of planes and boats in what should have been a pure racing game has irked me ... I'll have to see if I can skip all of that nonsense and stick to just the cars.
  • KrullBorg
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    unfortunatly on bf4 and bf1 i found only a lot of laggers (and maybe cheaters)... no more playables
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've gone back to Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. It's so damn good!
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rising Storm 2 is one of the few milsim-esque games I can actually tolerate and enjoy. It's a shame that it had that adware scandal a few months ago though ... damaged my trust in the playerbase a fair bit, that incident.
  • OskooI_007
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is certainly true, but when you've bought a game ... there's this irrational urge to stick with it in an effort to make it work, even if you don't like it that much. Either you find a way to enjoy it, or accept that $60-80 of your own money has been effectively thrown into the bin.

I think a lot of BFV players kept playing the game despite it being a frustrating experience. Trying to get their money's worth as you say.

Not me though. I immediately went back to BF1 simply because I have way more fun playing it. I wrote off BFV as loss the same way I wrote Overwatch off.

That's the problem with digital copies. You can't resell them if you end up not liking the game.
  • ragnarok013
    3621 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    KPNuts74 said:

KPNuts74 Battlefield isn't a zero sum game, you can play and enjoy several releases simultaneously in order to cleanse the palette and stave off burnout with the current release while still satisfying that Battlefield itch. I play BF5, BF3 and BF4 frequently and still jump on BC2 and BF2 once in a blue moon because each of those entries offers things not available in other releases.
  • martyunderpants
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2019
    How can anyone have fun with BF4 PC anymore? I returned to it after a year+ of playing PS3 version. I even bought a gaming laptop thinking that the ROI would be hours of BF4 goodness, like the old days (2017). But it takes so dang long to find a server that isn't lying to me about player count, I cannot stand it. I want to hurt EA in the wallet. I want to hunt down the tools at EA/DICE who are failing to support basic game play and slap the crap out of them. It is clearly a corporate decision to frustrate us out of BF4 and into whatever they want us to buy. I guess they will just continuously issue new, buggy games and cut support for the older games to get us to open our wallets. Great talent making BF4, but serious hacks running the company.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rising Storm 2 is one of the few milsim-esque games I can actually tolerate and enjoy. It's a shame that it had that adware scandal a few months ago though ... damaged my trust in the playerbase a fair bit, that incident.
    That was the megaserver fiasco. Yeah, and they still keep popping back up. As long as you never join one, you're fine.

The game is unbeatable for pure immersion & terror in war.
  • SurraDeMangueira
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13721 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    BF1942 or go home ;)
  • CSO7777
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even though BFV is buggy/frustrating the older games has a lot of issues as well. And many of the issues in BFV are in BF1/BF4 as well.

BFV has some improvements that are good (movement, spawning, less grenade spam, better vehicle/infantry balance, no spotting etc), and when playing the older titles they feel 'annoying' as well.

Somehow BFV showed potential for a better BF-game, but didn't really deliver. Unfortunately I miss the improvements in BFV a lot when playing the older titles and they feel somehow dated.