Battlefield V - You have lost connection to the EA servers

toe_man39
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi, I'm having quite the issue with connecting to EA servers to play battlefield v, I have origin access and I downloaded the game, played the intro, and couldn't connect. I've had to replay the intro every time I wished to check to see if I could connect, as well as still being unable to connect. Any solutions that are actually useful rather than what ea.com/unable-to-connect has to offer?

Comments

• BabyMetal808
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did you find any answers to this? I haven't heard back on my help ticket at EA for 3 days. I last played Online on July 1, the came back around July 6 and can't get online. It's like you said, having to go through the intro and getting dropped into the opening single-player Norway thing over and over, never lets me go Online.
  • jojo8106
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The same for me. I tried to repair the game uninstall and reinstall the game nothing changed. So if someone has an answer for this problem Please help us. 
  • Forger44
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try turning OFF "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows 10 Defender, I had issues with this option in the past not letting BF V go into Multiplayer, but still opened like day one single player.
  • BabyMetal808
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Forger44 said:
    Try turning OFF "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows 10 Defender, I had issues with this option in the past not letting BF V go into Multiplayer, but still opened like day one single player.
    Thanks, yeah, I'd checked that based on another post on the subject I found, but it was already turned off. I tried adding bfv.exe to it as an exception, turning it on and off etc., no joy.
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try running Origin as administrator.
  • BabyMetal808
    Try running Origin as administrator.
    Thanks for the idea. But no joy.
  • TTV_Ripper909
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are the servers down? says i need to be online but im not having any internet issues
  • Mhill2029
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe they are
  • VXBronsonXV
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    9:39 lost connection
  • Mhill2029
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are the servers down? says i need to be online but im not having any internet issues

Think they're down, I was playing combined arms then it started pausing every few seconds then returned itself to main menu saying i'd lost connection with EA servers.

• BabyMetal808
    All right, tried every d**n thing listed anywhere. Origin, game, windows, firewalls, ports, router stuff, System restore, boot disk, etc. etc. At this point I reckon the only hope is for the next patch, or some patch someday, to change things. This happened after a patch that came out during a week when I didn't play. 
  • BabyMetal808
    Holy cow, I just fixed it! I decided to change the drive letter of my storage drive (which is not where the game is installed, which is on the OS disk, but probably where some kind of prefs is saved) and suddenly BFV worked again....