Soldier customization ruins this game sometimes.

13»

Comments

  • PackersDK
    895 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    scottith said:
    Oft I'm tired of poeple complaining about uniforms. Who gives a rat's.

    At no point did dice say this is a hardcode WW2 game and they are going for 100% realistic and historical accuracy. There are other WW2 games that do that. So maybe play them instead?

    I personally don't mind women, prosthetic arms (bring them.back DICE) or awesome jackets with blue face paint and a granade strapped to my leg.

    The game has more important problems than the way you dress or getting you face smacked with a cricket bat.
    I’m tired of people who don’t care and don’t think it’s important, BUT for some reason still make the effort to post. Ignore these threads then, how hard can that be. The forum is full of players airing their own wishes and pet peeves.

    No, Dice didn’t promise 100% realism and accuracy. Did you read anybody ask for that? 100% realism? 100% accuracy? No, but hyperbole helps when you want to make a point. Pretending the other persons said something when actually they didn’t helps even more, doesn’t it.

    All some people are asking for is more realism in regards to the uniforms, does that make it a mil-sim? That’s a pretty simple yes/no question.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is Just a big clown Show. 🤡
  • scottith
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    scottith said:
    Oft I'm tired of poeple complaining about uniforms. Who gives a rat's.



    At no point did dice say this is a hardcode WW2 game and they are going for 100% realistic and historical accuracy. There are other WW2 games that do that. So maybe play them instead?



    I personally don't mind women, prosthetic arms (bring them.back DICE) or awesome jackets with blue face paint and a granade strapped to my leg.



    The game has more important problems than the way you dress or getting you face smacked with a cricket bat.


    I’m tired of people who don’t care and don’t think it’s important, BUT for some reason still make the effort to post. Ignore these threads then, how hard can that be. The forum is full of players airing their own wishes and pet peeves.

    No, Dice didn’t promise 100% realism and accuracy. Did you read anybody ask for that? 100% realism? 100% accuracy? No, but hyperbole helps when you want to make a point. Pretending the other persons said something when actually they didn’t helps even more, doesn’t it.


    All some people are asking for is more realism in regards to the uniforms, does that make it a mil-sim? That’s a pretty simple yes/no question.

    I, like you and the others here have the right to muster the effort to voice their opinions regarding this topic and many others even if I don’t think it’s a big deal… which in the grand scheme of it all, really isn't.



    And erh yea.. There have been, if you read the countless treads dedicated to this topic and similar your find that there is a heap of people complaining and wanting historic accuracy, No women and 100% correct WW2 uniforms… blahedy blah so I'm not really exaggerating am I? but if it helps you prove your own point/agender you crack on.



    And truth be told, yes it is a small ask compared to the actually issues the game has, my point is why does it matter so much where if you want this Mil-sim game type there are others there, just play them and let DICE make the game they Invisioned .. with out bugs


    Now, Helga where is that cricket bat?...


  • PackersDK
    895 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    scottith said:
    PackersDK wrote: »
    scottith said:
    Oft I'm tired of poeple complaining about uniforms. Who gives a rat's.



    At no point did dice say this is a hardcode WW2 game and they are going for 100% realistic and historical accuracy. There are other WW2 games that do that. So maybe play them instead?



    I personally don't mind women, prosthetic arms (bring them.back DICE) or awesome jackets with blue face paint and a granade strapped to my leg.



    The game has more important problems than the way you dress or getting you face smacked with a cricket bat.


    I’m tired of people who don’t care and don’t think it’s important, BUT for some reason still make the effort to post. Ignore these threads then, how hard can that be. The forum is full of players airing their own wishes and pet peeves.

    No, Dice didn’t promise 100% realism and accuracy. Did you read anybody ask for that? 100% realism? 100% accuracy? No, but hyperbole helps when you want to make a point. Pretending the other persons said something when actually they didn’t helps even more, doesn’t it.


    All some people are asking for is more realism in regards to the uniforms, does that make it a mil-sim? That’s a pretty simple yes/no question.

    I, like you and the others here have the right to muster the effort to voice their opinions regarding this topic and many others even if I don’t think it’s a big deal… which in the grand scheme of it all, really isn't.



    And erh yea.. There have been, if you read the countless treads dedicated to this topic and similar your find that there is a heap of people complaining and wanting historic accuracy, No women and 100% correct WW2 uniforms… blahedy blah so I'm not really exaggerating am I? but if it helps you prove your own point/agender you crack on.



    And truth be told, yes it is a small ask compared to the actually issues the game has, my point is why does it matter so much where if you want this Mil-sim game type there are others there, just play them and let DICE make the game they Invisioned .. with out bugs


    Now, Helga where is that cricket bat?...


    I didn’t say you couldn’t post. I’m simply pointing out your option not to respond or read threads you quite clearly find irrelevant and un-important. 

    I was actually refering to this thread when asking where people demanded 100% accuracy. But even so - countless threads demanding 100% accuracy??  Well, we will have to disagree what “countless” mean then. I’ve gone through the last 10 forum pages, and can find one, asking for seperate customisation when the Pacific map comes out. That’s it.  

    As for your last paragraph, you keep pretending that asking for realistic uniforms is the same as wanting a mil-sim. Come on... So if we do realistic uniforms in BFV it becomes what.. Arma III?

    I agree it’s hardly the biggest issue in the game right now. But as you so rightly pointed out, people can post their opinions. And people like you can use your right to post by saying their topics are irrelavant, sure. I just find that completely un-productive, un-helpfull and pointless. But if that’s how you want to spend your time on the forum, go for it.
  • AspectofSouls
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel exactly the same. Like playing battlefield heroes 2. I can't wait for the next battlefield because I hope soldier customization won't be so crazy like here when they make these WW2 elites. But after all it's EA and EA always manages to screw everything. However I remember having fun with Battlefront 2015 and Battlefield 1 although it's my least favorite battlefield.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:
    Minigun991 said:


    MatthewSkeet wrote: »
    1. it's a game.

    2. there is number of outfits that match your criteria 

    3. it's a game

    4. the fact you moan about females in the game as well shows how little you know about WW2


    .



    Females definitely were not serving in the Wehrmacht as combat roles.



    Ohh dear me
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_World_War_II#German_military_brothels

    ohh dear...

    http://hist259.web.unc.edu/wehrmachthelferinnen-female-auxiliaries-of-the-german-wehrmacht-1939-1945/

    ohh dear god

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

    I’m not that interested in getting into the “did women fight on the frontline” argument. It’s been going on since the first trailer. But one of your links to prove your point is about WW2 brothels, which is a very different job from being in the army.

    Also not the best example to use seeing a lot of women where forced to work in the brothels.
    did you actually click on the link and read the article or jus just noticed the link and made a dumb assumption?
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just because you find the game to be very un immersive, does not make you a sexist or whatever labels we get.

    We bought the game did we not? But I agree some of the outfits could be in fortnite.

    The female elite looks like something straight outta that game.

    It is hella aanoying hearing female battle cries and actual cries in game, and alot of fanboys and trolls only use females because they think it pisses peopl off, no it just turns them off the game, and gives you guys less active servers, 
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. it's a game.
    2. there is number of outfits that match your criteria 
    3. it's a game
    4. the fact you moan about females in the game as well shows how little you know about WW2
    Do you really got so low standarts for the game?

    yeah, its only a game. So lets add the DINOSAURS! Why not? We already have WW2 shooter with dinosaurs, so lets add here too! Or do you have problems with dinosaurs?

    Fact about females and WW2 : in the western front females had no place in the frontline. Looks like you have no idea what about you are talking.
    ill give you few names


    Violette Szabo 
    Nora Khan 
    Felicity Peake 
    Nancy Wake
    Eileen Nearne
    number of british women in ATS were sent to the frontlines (the Blitz)
    do you consider resistance as frontlines?
    Faye Schulman


    Gertrude Boyarski


    Resistance is not a combat role or a soldier fighting campaigns.

    and a handfull of women in ww2 resistances does not excuse this direction. 

  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since the reveal trailer I never expected this game to be authentic. So the uniforms don't bother me, although I do wish a few were slightly less ridiculous. Like Union Jacked, for example, being painted head to toe with the British flag. I don't mind the trench coats, gas masks, the two ammo belts strapped onto every uniform, dangling helmets and equipment, because I gave up on authenticity a while ago. And with this game nearly a year in, I don't think you should play it for an authentic WW2 experience.

    Besides, some of the common and 'normal' uniforms in the game look bland as Hell.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:


    MatthewSkeet wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:





    MatthewSkeet wrote: »

    1. it's a game.



    2. there is number of outfits that match your criteria 



    3. it's a game



    4. the fact you moan about females in the game as well shows how little you know about WW2





    .







    Females definitely were not serving in the Wehrmacht as combat roles.







    Ohh dear me

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_World_War_II#German_military_brothels



    ohh dear...



    http://hist259.web.unc.edu/wehrmachthelferinnen-female-auxiliaries-of-the-german-wehrmacht-1939-1945/



    ohh dear god



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross



    I’m not that interested in getting into the “did women fight on the frontline” argument. It’s been going on since the first trailer. But one of your links to prove your point is about WW2 brothels, which is a very different job from being in the army.



    Also not the best example to use seeing a lot of women where forced to work in the brothels.

    did you actually click on the link and read the article or jus just noticed the link and made a dumb assumption?

    Yes I did read how the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯’s forced 1000’s of women from the occupied countries to work in brothels.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:
    Minigun991 said:


    MatthewSkeet wrote: »
    1. it's a game.

    2. there is number of outfits that match your criteria 

    3. it's a game

    4. the fact you moan about females in the game as well shows how little you know about WW2


    .



    Females definitely were not serving in the Wehrmacht as combat roles.



    Ohh dear me
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_World_War_II#German_military_brothels

    ohh dear...

    http://hist259.web.unc.edu/wehrmachthelferinnen-female-auxiliaries-of-the-german-wehrmacht-1939-1945/

    ohh dear god

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

    I’m not that interested in getting into the “did women fight on the frontline” argument. It’s been going on since the first trailer. But one of your links to prove your point is about WW2 brothels, which is a very different job from being in the army.

    Also not the best example to use seeing a lot of women where forced to work in the brothels.
    did you actually click on the link and read the article or jus just noticed the link and made a dumb assumption?
    Did you?

    The second link talks about females in the wehrmacht being stationed in occupied countries, not the frontlines, and operating as telgraph/phone ladies, not soldiers.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. it's a game.
    2. there is number of outfits that match your criteria 
    3. it's a game
    4. the fact you moan about females in the game as well shows how little you know about WW2

    .

    Females definitely were not serving in the Wehrmacht as combat roles.
    Ohh dear me
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_World_War_II#German_military_brothels

    ohh dear...

    http://hist259.web.unc.edu/wehrmachthelferinnen-female-auxiliaries-of-the-german-wehrmacht-1939-1945/

    ohh dear god

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross
    Did you read your own links?

    second link for example, explicitly states that female wehrmacht were stationed in occupied countries, not battlefronts, and they served as telegraph/telephone girls, not soldiers.
  • ragnarok013
    3878 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    All right guys I let this thread continue despite similar previous threads having a 100%'s closure rate.  We're now at the point where everyone is arguing in circles and getting irritated with one another so I'm going to close this thread before we have to issue infractions.
This discussion has been closed.