The worst sights in the history of gaming

BaronVonGoon
6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 11
1x sights dirty and tinted
1.5x Iron sights: not as easy to track moving targets
2x blurry (Possibly the worst sight ever)
3x clean sights but will put you at a disadvantage in CQB.
Medic sights a little unclear, tinted.
Support 1.25x sights no thank you.

Dice it maybe scummy thing to do but I wouldn't mind paying boins for nice clean Kobra or coyote sights if you can port them to BFV because as it stands BFV is the worst game I've ever played in terms of visibility and all of its sights contribute to making visibility worse.

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here I was thinking you’d created a thread about the most horrifying scenes in gaming...

Mario’s **** anyone?

On topic though. I just don’t see why they can’t clean them up. Or map a button to clean them for ma ‘mersion.

3x being Best to use every time as they cover medium and long range while being clean. Coupled with some guns being hip fire monsters to boot means the 3x are king.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its like nobody went to basic and learned how to care for a rifle.
  • Hawxxeye
    5179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    When it comes to sights it seems that what DICE considers "immersive and authentic" is a sight that is clunky, obstructed and user-unfriendly.
    One of the reasons that I am even less of an infantry player in BFV is having to discern enemies through these sights
  • dcs500
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ironically the best sight in the game was a bug, the missing rear sight on the 2x for the Sten so you just had the nice clear front reticule. Just about sums up this game.
  • bran1986
    5590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The lattey sight bugs the crap out of me on the smgs. It was awesome when the sight was bugged on the Sten and you had such a clean picture. Of course dice managed to actually fix the one bug which didn't need fixing. Kind of funny since a dice developer said the sight sucked lol.
  • Hawxxeye
    5179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    bran1986 said:
    The lattey sight bugs the crap out of me on the smgs. It was awesome when the sight was bugged on the Sten and you had such a clean picture. Of course dice managed to actually fix the one bug which didn't need fixing. Kind of funny since a dice developer said the sight sucked lol.
    It is the same thinking like with Blizzard. "Fun detected, must destroy, Fun nerfed"
  • fragnstein
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have wondered for quite some time now as to why the scopes sites are dirty.  The best chat could come up with is that "its war".  Im like give me a button that I can clean my scope with when I have a second then
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE can't design good sights. Even in BF3-4 they weren't great. Everyone used the red dots because they offered the clearest sight picture, but still the top of the receiver and sight mount were visible on every weapon, obstructing the bottom of the screen.

The problem was much worse in BF1 and BFV though. It's like they put the "eye" right at the top of the stock and have it focus on the rear sight instead of matching the eye level with the level of the optic and seeing through the rear sight, to the point it should turn kind of blurry/transparent, allowing you to line up your shots with less obstruction.

Make a circle with your hand and hold it about 8 inches from your dominant eye, it's kind of blurry, and now look through it with both eyes. It's basically transparent. That's how low magnification sights should look, because it's a warzone after all, why are we closing an eye and decreasing peripheral vision?
  • bunningsSnagz
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they just removed that dark tinge shade effect on the reflex sights is be happy.
  • ElliotLH
    7743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some decent sights would be just lovely.
  • Godmodegta
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they did some rework on iron sight, also is there something with the 3x scope, for any gun, I feel like it way more easy too control the gun recoil?
  • NuttysKunKs
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I mean they could’ve kept them all iron sights.

The sights are fine imo. Ofc in some situations it’s harder to see but you can’t have it all.

• Hawxxeye
    I mean they could’ve kept them all iron sights.

The sights are fine imo. Ofc in some situations it’s harder to see but you can’t have it all.

"Can't have it all" should be limited to the magnification and not the clarity.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    I have no desire to use anything other than the 3x anymore. Since the 3x is too much zoom, I've been playing at max FOV. It actually works quote well with the 3x, reduces the visual recoil IMMENSELY.
  • zenn_nme
    747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    Though, I wish they could make each type of (alternative) sights/scope available for all weapons;
    For example, the STG-44;
    Standard: 'Reflex Sight' (1x), Also; Aperture Sight (2x) & 'Medium Range Scope' (3x).
    Alternative: 'Nydar Sight' (1x), Close Range Scope (2x) & 'FG-42 style Medium Scope' (3x).
    Also; AA Sight (1.25x) & Lattey Sight (1.25x).
    This to have some more choice to cater to our own playstyle and gunplay preference.

• StupidNameHere
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That costs extra but only if you already bought the gun with CC first and the lense is still moderately dirty. 
  • SirTerrible
    1632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are indeed pretty bad. I recently played (and quickly uninstalled) Wolfenstein 2 though and its iron sights make BFV's look great.
  • Capuonce
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    I just play with Iron sights (except 3x on snipers) so i dont lose my nervers on blurry/dirty sights to, like there isnt already enough things to make me angry in BFV.
  • Trokey66
    8169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove 3x then all sights will be equally bad!