Weekly Debrief

What players hated about battlefield V, and some suggestions to do it better.

Minigun991
132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 11
I’ll give you one word to sum it up, before diving in- LAZY.

What angered players first was the females. For me it was lazy. They pretty much plopped females in and said the following.
“Look how inclusive we are.”

I have bad news for battlefield: You are very late to the party, and you are not special.

Call of duty finest hour had a female main character in WW2. She was a very well written sniper.

Call of duty 2 had random Russian females fighting with you.

Point is, females have been in WW2 games for a wile. The thing is they did it very well. One having a very good and thought out backstory.

My suggestion- Actually give something believable. Maybe start on the eastern front. Or just avoid WW2, and do modern. Don’t just put them in to make money off a target audience.

Next thing players hate is the lack of content, including post launch.

Battlefield 1 had multiple great maps, and more then 5 factions. Here in battlefield V there is only two, and 90% of the maps are universally disliked. Also, there is not enough post launch content to keep players playing. Most players think DICE and EA have given up.

My suggestion- Bring back premium. People would rather have content that splits the community, then no content at all. Also more development time.

The last one that players hate is the bugs.

There is the invisible player bug, the low texture bug, the bug that stopped you from bleeding out so you had to quit, the one where your plane won’t make noise, the one where you always hear a plane for an amount of time. There was the never ending match bug at release, there was the bug where you couldn’t get the last tiger skin, there was the one where tides of war assignments wouldn’t track, and more to come each update.

This is what’s killing this game the most. It’s annoying, especially in this stage of the game. Instead of being excited about content. Players are wondering which bugs will be added next.

My suggestion- give more years for development. People will wait for a good game. No one wants a rushed game.

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13068 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm gonna have to agree with Saboo here regarding your speaking on behalf of the community @Minigun991

You are one person out of many thousands who bought the game and still enjoy it and play it as frequently as they had in previous games.

You do not speak on my behalf either with this thread,  Females in BF has never bothered me,  And BFV is not the first Battlefield game to feature female soldiers,  BF1 also featured them albeit in a more dedicated role ( sniping ).

Regarding lack of content,  There is new content pretty much on a weekly basis,  Them guns you're grinding for on Tides Of War?  That's "content",   Them customisation outfits..  That is also "content" in the sense that it is new and you do not currently own it just yet.

Al-Sudan is coming soon to Conquest once all the bugs are ironed out,  Then there are a few more maps coming following that including the WW2 themed "operation metro".

Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen,  I gather you're not even aware that windows 10 has a bug that results in full screen applications ( games ) run with higher CPU usage which means that you get FPS drops and such,  Incidentally,  A patch for that issue will be released by Microsoft for Windows 10 at around September if insider testing goes to plan.

• PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, you don’t speak for me either.

I didn’t really like how the game was presented at first (the trailer), but that had nothing to do with females in it. I had literally just played 2  years of BF1 with females in it - I hardly noticed it. 

I half agree with you on content. We do actually get content weekly, but I could use some new maps. I don’t know what the solution is, but I don’t think it’s premium. 

Bugs are annoying, but it¨s not why I play the game as rarely as I do. I just don’t have fun. Didn’t have fun before invisible soldiers and crashes, and not really having it now, so... not the bugs. 
  • Trokey66
    8385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dear.......
  • sabootheshaman
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Multiple people have said it didn’t upset them already @Minigun991 ...

Stop beating that dead horse.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    No, you don’t speak for me either.

I didn’t really like how the game was presented at first (the trailer), but that had nothing to do with females in it. I had literally just played 2  years of BF1 with females in it - I hardly noticed it. 

I half agree with you on content. We do actually get content weekly, but I could use some new maps. I don’t know what the solution is, but I don’t think it’s premium. 

Bugs are annoying, but it¨s not why I play the game as rarely as I do. I just don’t have fun. Didn’t have fun before invisible soldiers and crashes, and not really having it now, so... not the bugs. 

I used three things players are sick of. Ones that can’t be denied that are hurting the game. Ones that players are constantly complaining about.

It’s also why I use the word “players”. I never said all these are shared by everyone. Some problems are mutual, some are not.

You agree on the content, and disagree with the rest, that’s fine.
  • Minigun991

Yet you ignore the countless people who do say it hurts the game.

Poles done by YouTubers saying they are sick of bugs.

Comments of people tired of being drip fed content.

People who didn’t pre order and forgot about the game after the first trailer.

I can’t look at a battlefield V video without seeing countless comments saying they haven’t played battlefield in X amount of months due to one of these problems.

• Minigun991
    edited July 11

The game did bad my friend. EA stated it did underperform, and that is not a statement to take lightly.

Yeah, BFV sold more then 7 million copy’s. But when it sells less then the previous game, the publisher isn’t going to be happy.

Especially considering EA is a big company, with a lot of employees to pay, and a lot of investors looking to make a return.

So that number might be big to us as the players, but to them that money dries up quick. And if EA determines battlefield is no longer profitable, then they will underfund it till they can shut it down.

The franchise can not handle another battlefield V.
  • ElliotLH
    8395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    I'd be inclined to agree that the content is a bit slow to appear and the bugs are definitely annoying, but I honestly don't care one bit that women are in the game.
  • Minigun991
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to agree that the content is a bit slow to appear and the bugs are definitely annoying, but I honestly don't care one bit that women are in the game.

That’s fine.

I included it because it, and the things said by DICE caused the terrible pre order sales. So it is definitely one of the problems.

But I don’t expect everyone to agree with each problem.
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen...

Bugs happen. Then there's BFV.

We're at a point where they need to release a hotfix for a hotfix for a patch that's been delayed. And for someone like me and others, who foolishly spent $80 for a deluxe edition of this game (Which I still believe the edition is borderline robbery,) is and has been losing patience for  the past 8 months for them to finally shift this game around back on track.

That 'content' we get every week is not at all as on the scale we were once use to for DLCs. That cosmetic item we get every other week that you describe as 'content' does absolutely nothing to contribute to my gameplay experience, other than to admire the item itself. That weapon we get every other week is nice to have, but only plays as a small filler for a day or two.

We need more maps added to schedule than what is already planned, because it is simply not enough at the moment to be content with 2 fully working maps over the past 8 months, where in other titles we exceed over 4 in that time.

Ignoring females once being a marketing focus, which is a whole different can of worms, I at least agree with OP that content has been lackluster and unacceptable, and there are too many bugs to list that are part of a vicious cycle where a patch fixes 1 bug but introduces 2 more.

There is not a lot of hope left to hold for a game that has been disappointing at every turn.
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want a working game, free of bugs, i don't care if you put in women, men, trans, martians or cats
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm unhappy because it's a buggy mess and the core mechanics were not well thought out and make this game not fun. I couldn't care less about female characters or post launch content when I get bored, frustrated, or the game just crashes.
  • sabootheshaman
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Minigun991 I’m not your friend. I think your views are ridiculous and harmful on the one topic I addressed.

Don’t straw man when debating me. I didn’t contest your other opinions. Learn to debate your point.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Minigun991 I’m not your friend. I think your views are ridiculous and harmful on the one topic I addressed.

Don’t straw man when debating me. I didn’t contest your other opinions. Learn to debate your point.

I don't much care what I'm shooting at either however it can not be denied that the first trailer did hurt the game in a substantial way.

I would like to think it was mostly the stupid cosmetics on show and pretty generic boring trailer and not the women in ww2 argument though.

I have asked my friends why they stopped playing shortly after launch and the answer is generally the same that it's simply not a good battlefield game. For me it's the lack of my favorite mode that made me give up with it.
  • sabootheshaman
    I pretty much agree that it was a terrible trailer @barnesalmighty2 that was my point of calling out @Minigun991 fir his straw man argument.

Every chance he gets he drags up the “wimmen” point. It’s tidy abd a distraction from the real problems the title is facing.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm gonna have to agree with Saboo here regarding your speaking on behalf of the community @Minigun991

You are one person out of many thousands who bought the game and still enjoy it and play it as frequently as they had in previous games.

You do not speak on my behalf either with this thread,  Females in BF has never bothered me,  And BFV is not the first Battlefield game to feature female soldiers,  BF1 also featured them albeit in a more dedicated role ( sniping ).

Regarding lack of content,  There is new content pretty much on a weekly basis,  Them guns you're grinding for on Tides Of War?  That's "content",   Them customisation outfits..  That is also "content" in the sense that it is new and you do not currently own it just yet.

Al-Sudan is coming soon to Conquest once all the bugs are ironed out,  Then there are a few more maps coming following that including the WW2 themed "operation metro".

Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen,  I gather you're not even aware that windows 10 has a bug that results in full screen applications ( games ) run with higher CPU usage which means that you get FPS drops and such,  Incidentally,  A patch for that issue will be released by Microsoft for Windows 10 at around September if insider testing goes to plan.

Well, that's your opinion in what you think. The fact is, although i'm in your camp that the woman issue didn't bother me (as much as the bizarro trailer did), there is no question a seizmic amount of people were bothered in DICEs view of the game, and in fact, given the dismal sales of the fallout of that matter, and in DICEs way of handling it, had to cut it half price out of the gate, and missed it's sales target. In short, the woman matter was a PR disaster, and cost them big time.

I mean we can't get away from that at this point.

It's true some are enjoying the game, but most are likely not, particularly if you look as to where the game is rated in "most played" games at the Xbox store, having anime and lesser known or much older titles getting more play than this.

You could agree or disagree, but that doesn't mean this fella don''t speak for the community, as much as we think the influencers on you tube or reddit speak for the community. They have egg on their face now.

So, would i rather think this fella speaks for the community, as compared to others? Yeah, he could speak for what he thinks the "community" wants, as well as others.

The lack of content issue. Could we really deny this with a straight face right now? So, the way i feel, this guy could speak on behalf of what the community feels as well as others can. He plays the game too.
  • Minigun991
    I pretty much agree that it was a terrible trailer @barnesalmighty2 that was my point of calling out @Minigun991 fir his straw man argument.

Every chance he gets he drags up the “wimmen” point. It’s tidy abd a distraction from the real problems the title is facing.

Ok, hypothetical scenario. You ready?

The trailer never happened, and dice chose to do diversity in a game not set in a historical war.

Chances are the outcome would be the game selling pretty well (not as well as battlefield 1, it was just in the right time and place).

So because the game sold well, dice would have more funding and incentive to release better content.

That trailer has and always will be the bottom of the tree of problems that hurts battlefield V.

This discussion has been closed.