AT mines disappearing once dead?

NuttysKunKs
321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
As the title reads.

I thought it was just AP mines which got this nerf?

Gutted. Booby trapped my tank with a couple of mines as I was overrun.

Only to die and watch the buggers drive off with it.

Was this nerf in the patch notes? They have been sneaky tweaking things and not mentioning it.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    Let me experiment. Will update.

*Edit: Nope. Laid some as Assault, died and they are still here on respawn.

*Edit 2: They stayed for the entire round. Could it be a tank thing?
    Post edited by ElliotLH on
  • Shadeblast
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't understand, why they did it for AP mines though. They already made them such much less lethal
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shadeblast wrote: »
    Can't understand, why they did it for AP mines though. They already made them such much less lethal

People complained and as expected Dice took a hammer to the problem.
  • Foxhound45
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mines should not disappear, not AP or AT mines but there should be a limit of maybe 4 maximum this will force players to be more careful rather than just run and gun. But maybe this is what DICE wants. Just not me.
  • DukeSan27
    1154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AT mines are bugged, they blow up a bit far from the Tank and cause 5-10 damage.
  • NuttysKunKs
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I was tank class.. maybe a bug. But the mines were directly under the tracks.

Strange as I love leaving boobie traps for folks.
  • DemonWithin92
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines don't disappear all the time when I die, earlier I put 2 down on Rotterdam, around the stairs on E, i got killed spawned back on E and they were still there.
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I was tank class.. maybe a bug. But the mines were directly under the tracks.

Strange as I love leaving boobie traps for folks.

Might be the bug that was suggested a bit earlier then. Shame as boobie traps are fun.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Typical clueless dice. If something is overpowered, make it obsolete.
  • NuttysKunKs
    Typical clueless dice. If something is overpowered, make it obsolete.

Yes they went far too far on the nerf. Tbh it’s totally unnecessary when they take 3 to kill and you can’t even deploy 3 to have the disappear when you die.

But then they made 1 hit kill for a time which I thought was ridiculous.

It’s like living with someone who’s bi-polar.

Makes me think whoever’s adjusting these settings is either;

A: experimenting by player feedback

B: ****

C: Both

• NuttysKunKs
    AP mines don't disappear all the time when I die, earlier I put 2 down on Rotterdam, around the stairs on E, i got killed spawned back on E and they were still there.

Really? ‘Mine’ always disappear now.