My 1050TI is struggling to run this game...

WildVisionMk1
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 11
So basically, after a quick research it seems that 1050ti should run this game on High with 50 fps average (Based on Userbenchmark, couple of youtube videos) but for some reason, my PC can only run High with 30-40 FPS. I've tried many things and none seem to fix my issue, is anyone else have the same problem with maybe different GPU's ?

My specs:
Intel Core i5-7400
GTX-1050TI
HYPERX 2400 C15 1x8 GB
Gigabyte B250-M GAMING 3
UPDATE: Just fixed it with using Pre rednereed frames also doing some few settings on nvidia control panel. Now game runs at 55-60 fps, and slutters rarerly, have 1-2 heavy fps chokes, but it happens rarerly and its a general issue 
Post edited by WildVisionMk1 on

Comments

• Carbonic
    1319 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I see 2 bottlenecks for your 1050ti.
    1. You only have 1 stick of memory and it only runs at 2400mhz. For gaming you should really have 2 sticks so they can run in dual channel.
    2. Your processor is a Intel Core i5-7400 - Comparing that to the minimum required system specifications for the game: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7400-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6600K/3886vs3503 you can see that it performs below the minimum.
    My guess is that the systems you are comparing yourself to has dual channel memory and faster processors.
  • WildVisionMk1
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, here is the link : 

He doenst have 2 rams, that "You really need another Ram" thing is a massive joke. Will it help and improve? Yes, is it nesecary to have it to play the game? No, further investigation, userbenchmark claims that  i should be able to run the game with my specs at 50 fps average on high. I simply dont know what the issue is, but im sure its not because i have a ram neither my CPU not being on minumum.
  • WildVisionMk1
    *but im sure its not because i dont have a  secondary ram neither my CPU not being on minumum.
  • WildVisionMk1
    UPDATE: Just played BF1 On ultra, had fps around 55-60. 
  • ackers75
    2322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    Run afterburner and watch that cpu usage pegged at 100 percent.
    I wouldn’t take videos from YouTube as gospel as there are so many variables to take into consideration with pc.
    You could be using different drivers, different builds of the game due to patches and how old the video is.
    Maybe different build of windows?
    The list could go on and on.........
  • WildVisionMk1
    Well i simply dint buy the game based on those, i've been told by Nvidia Support and Userbenchmark that my PC should at least have 50 fps on average. At this stage this is getting frustrating, i really enjoyed this game, but now its just a big mess that im trying to fix.
  • ackers75
    2322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    Well i simply dint buy the game based on those, i've been told by Nvidia Support and Userbenchmark that my PC should at least have 50 fps on average. At this stage this is getting frustrating, i really enjoyed this game, but now its just a big mess that im trying to fix.

I would run afterburner and see what cpu,gpu and ram usage you were getting first.

Many people report frame rate decreases after updates too
  • WildVisionMk1
    Actually, it started to happen after recent Win10, Geforce update. But im not sure if that is the actual reason, but at this point , it seems like it. I will try afterburner.
  • ackers75
    Actually, it started to happen after recent Win10, Geforce update. But im not sure if that is the actual reason, but at this point , it seems like it. I will try afterburner.

I would install drivers directly from nvidia rather than letting windows do it to be fair.
  • WildVisionMk1
    ackers75 said:

I would install drivers directly from nvidia rather than letting windows do it to be fair.
    Yes, thats what i did, Win10 update was own its own, geforce updated graphic drivers.
  • WildVisionMk1
    UPDATE: Just fixed it with using Pre rednereed frames also doing some few settings on nvidia control panel. Now game runs at 55-60 fps, and slutters rarerly, have 1-2 heavy fps chokes, but it happens rarerly and its a general issue .
  • Hawxxeye
    5347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I also have the same graphics card along with an i5 4570 (ironically 1-2% better than 7400 on gaming) and 16 GB on 2 sticks.
    My fps is generally between 60 and high forties. The last time I checked the afterburner, the bottle neck is clearly my CPU.
    My next PC will certainly have a ryzen 3600 or similar