Seems like I'm getting shot around corners more

BrianLocal1
431 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 11
I duck behind cover and still get shot.  Clearly they are out of the line of sight when I die and see the killcam.  It happens very often, like almost every match.  Has this been happening more to anybody else since the latest patch or was it always like this?

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Get it all the time.

What you’ve also got to bear in mind is that what you see is only what your eyes see.

So it looks as if you’re behind cover but your head/body doesn’t get to that cover in the same time as it looks to be. Make sense?

It’s also compounded by other factors such as poor servers, netcode, packet loss etc...
  • Agrioxiros
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. After the last patch especially, it's like BF4 all over again.
  • Carbonic
    1157 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't feel the hit registration is any better or worse on PC. It might help to mention what system you play on.
    "Clearly they are out of the line of sight when I die and see the killcam"
    I feel like I have to comment on this one as it is probably the cause of the most false cheat reports and comments. The killcam shows you what happens a moment after you got killed. In the (rather long) amount of time between you getting shot and you getting showed who killed you the person can easily have moved behind cover or be several meters away from where he was when he shot at you. I really wish the kill cam showed you a recording of the 3 last seconds of your life from the view of your killers gun instead of showing you live gameplay.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, but maybe I'm just noticing it more, but it is pretty pronounced. Like in my last match on Devestation CQ. I was at C and popped out from behind a wall by the A side and saw an enemy. I shot at him, missed then ducked back behind the wall immediately. This was all in the span of maybe half a second. Then fully behind cover I take damage and die by that player I shot at. He had no angle and I revealed myself for almost no time at all, but I guess it was somehow enough time for him to kill me, but I didn't get the damage until later. I don't know. I stopped playing after that, because that's 9/10 of my deaths now. Just dying way too quickly.

Did you know a bipodded KE7 shooting at your feet can kill you as fast as sniper headshot? I didn't.