Will BFV have Behemoth type vehicles like BF1?

Foxhound45
36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I mean like the Train, Blimp, Battleship?

They made the game super fun and added an option to counter a strong team which i believe is a necessity in this game, considering there is no switching sides or balancing at all, so just wondering if we will get any of this?

Comments

• Foxhound45
    So you like easy targets. I personally loved playing with them and against them, not like the game is focused on realism anyways.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thought the V2 & arty barrage spam covered that already. 
  • Foxhound45
    Those are nice new additions but the behemoth type vehicles is something you can actually use and not just a 10 second barrage, besides both teams have them at any moment and the ones i meant is more of a balancing type addition.
  • bigiain
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem, in conquest anyway, was that the behemoth didn't change anything. Losing teams were short enough of decent players without trying to crew a huge slow target.
  • Foxhound45
    But it was fun and at least did provide some sense of help.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12840 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Pls no.

Leave them where they belong,  in bf1.
  • Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Closest you'll get is probably battleships but would be cool to have large vehicles as part of Battlefield again but as regular vehicles exclusive to flags.
  • MrCamp121
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    Nothin more annoying than elites and behemoths imo. No need for superhuman people and vehicles nobody knows how to use.

Pls leave the villar perosas and flying balloons in BF1
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12840 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Think about it logically..

By implementing "behemoths",  You are essentially rewarding bad teams and bad players.

This does not belong in a BF game IMHO,  By rewarding bad teams,  You are essentially asking DICE to hold your hands whilst you play,  Similar to a toddler needing their parent to hold their hands in order to cross the road.

It's a cool idea on paper  ( allow enemy teams the option to fight back ) but in reality it was a poorly thought out decision,  Often,  The teams that got the behemoths wasted them anyway so it didn't do what it was intended to do anyway,  Besides the odd few times where behemoths actually did assist in a win.
  • ChickenTheTank
    263 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game manipulates spawn times and distances to help bad teams stay in the fight against the good teams.

Oh, and once a team is pretty far behind, they capture objectives faster. Conquest and breakthrough.

So since the game is already helping worse teams, I doubt we're going to see anything like behemoths. But who knows, as their games get deep into dlc cycles, DICE stretches what you think would go in the game. See BF3 Apocalypse and BF4 Final Stand.
  • GloriousRepublic
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The system didn't work anyway. The behemoths very rarely changed the outcome of the games. All it did was allow bad players to get some easy kills to pad their k/d while being on the losing team. I would rather Dice spend the time figuring out how to balance teams properly so some sort of crutch or catch up mechanic isnt needed in the first place.
  • LOLGotYerTags

So rewarding bad teams - no.
    But rewarding good teams with extra vehicles - yes.
    That is what people are asking for with vehicles on flags which IMHO is worse as it allows stacked teams to bully others round, after round.

If a team is good why do they need more assets to win? Giving a losing team more assets at least gives hem a chance to fight back.

Yet, this community persists that a winning team must be giving more while complaining about campers, imbalance and boring games.

Elites would be nice why to add highly effective weapons like flamers without everyone having access at the same time.
    I never said anything about rewarding good teams with extra vehicles,  So I don't know where you got that from,  Because it wasn't from me I can assure you of that.

A losing team has exactly the same assets as the winning team to fight back,  All they need to do is to outcap and maintain the majority of flag caps to ensure ticket bleed from the opposing team.

Ok sure, Maybe one flag will have an additional tank spawn,  But one extra tank doesn't make or break a game,  Outcapping and defending the flags is what usually results in a win for a previously losing team.

But yeah,  I never said anything about rewarding good teams with extra assets,  People need to learn how the game works and they'll do that by being stomped until they collectively figure out that it is the way they are playing that is leading to them being stomped.

• Kongo030
    641 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least the behemoths kept players on the losing team instead of having 50% quit halfway through the game. I loved them just for the diversity on the battlefield. However they would take a considerable amount of implementation time and I doubt the dev team has the capacity to implement anything beyond easter eggs, copy pasta weapons and and skins.

My gut feeling is that BF 1 got 300% more implementation time than BFV. 
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sturmtiger feels pretty close sometimes.
  • fragnstein
    465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths that idiots drive, no thanks
  • VincentNZ
    2697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They were a way for select few from the losing team to make up the poor personal performance and boost one's K/D, while the rest of the team had even more problems fighting on the ground. I have no idea who thought that the solution to lopsided games in a mode centered around bodies on flags is to put 25% of the team into a vehicle that can not really be on flags. It is so obviously flawed design.