New Semi auto 1938M carabaine only for passionate players.

Piotrek1983pm
344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I unlocked it today and it is very week compared to other semi autos. Only for diehard fans of semi autos.

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well firstly it is an SAR, which makes it decent by default, then it seems to have the same damage model and ROF as the Gewehr 43. Now that one has been hit harder than others by the latest nerf, and for the Karabin it depends on the specs if it is better or fills another niche than this one.
  • Raspu71nG
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't unlock it but just by looking at the files it seems weak.
    no detachable magazine, only 10 bullets. 
  • Piotrek1983pm
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Raspu71nG said:
    it must be the weakest semi auto gun, no magazine, fed in clips and single bullets? 10 bullets? slow? only for passionate players, thanks but no
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm quite enjoying it so far myself - went 17-8 in my first match after unlocking it which is a bit of a novelty to me at the moment as I'm basically getting rekt constantly haha. Then again it remains to be seen how I feel about it after using it more.

What I did notice is that it seems to have a pretty long time to ADS when you're using the 3x scope on it which seemed a bit odd compared to other SARs like the G43. I haven't looked at the specification tree yet though so I suspect therein lies the reason for that.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Raspu71nG said:
    it must be the weakest semi auto gun, no magazine, fed in clips and single bullets? 10 bullets? slow? only for passionate players, thanks but no

how did medics ever survive BF1 almost all SLRs in BF1 had stripper-clips.
    oh no i as an assault need to think about reloading at the right moments. the pain the horror.... DICE cant keep on giving the assault the best of everything so...
  • GrizzGolf
    963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How many hits to kill?
  • VincentNZ
    2685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf said:
    How many hits to kill?

3-3 Basically the G43 with stripper clips.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The gun is basically a Gewehr 43 without detachable mag. I don't see a reason to ever pick this gun instead of G43.
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Piotrek1983pm said:

Raspu71nG said:

how did medics ever survive BF1 almost all SLRs in BF1 had stripper-clips.oh no i as an assault need to think about reloading at the right moments. the pain the horror.... DICE cant keep on giving the assault the best of everything so...

Auto loader extended and federov both mag fed and gnarly.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    As things are it’s a lesser G43

I think they should do one of two things

1. Replace high velocity rounds or enhanced grips with extended mags (still stripper fed) so it’s like an SMLE but more for longer distances

2. Just give it to recons. Recons could really do with another semi-auto as an alternative to the P08 carbine

Or they could do both
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Piotrek1983pm said:

Raspu71nG said:

how did medics ever survive BF1 almost all SLRs in BF1 had stripper-clips.oh no i as an assault need to think about reloading at the right moments. the pain the horror.... DICE cant keep on giving the assault the best of everything so...

Cei rigotti/mondragon general liu/ autoloading/selbstlader 1906 to hold it against you. some had detachable magazines but most with that feature only arrived later in the DLC life-span.
    i mean assault needs some drawbacks now if the new weapon was just a reskinned G43 why even have it in the game?
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Piotrek1983pm said:

Raspu71nG said:

So’s my pretty lil Farquhar-Hill 🥰
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The reason why it feel weak because SARs in BFV are OPed...
  • mf_shro0m
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    The reason why it feel weak because SARs in BFV are OPed...

It also feels weak compared to BFI’s SARs tho
  • VincentNZ
    Well it is what the MAS is for the Turner. When you have issues with controlling the recoil of the 43, the Karabin is the weapon for you. The downside is a lower mag capacity and stripper clip reload.
  • fragnstein
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everytime a new weapon comes out, somebody has to make a topic saying it's trash or weak. We aren't going to get any better then what we already have
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I do not like about this gun are the hip-fire assignments.
  • VincentNZ
    ElliotLH said:

Ha! Yeah that is somthing new. It has one spec though, which you are most likely going to take. However weapons like the MAS and Turner with a clearer CQ focus have two specs and the same awful assignments as the other SARs.
    I do advise anyone to go for the hipfire specs with all SARs, since the game forces you a lot into point blank engagements where you can also shine with SARs. It is definitely preferable than zooming in with a 3x scope.
  • ElliotLH
    VincentNZ said:
    ElliotLH said:

Ha! Yeah that is somthing new. It has one spec though, which you are most likely going to take. However weapons like the MAS and Turner with a clearer CQ focus have two specs and the same awful assignments as the other SARs.
    I do advise anyone to go for the hipfire specs with all SARs, since the game forces you a lot into point blank engagements where you can also shine with SARs. It is definitely preferable than zooming in with a 3x scope.
    I probably did. I went R L L L on the spec tree but might mess around with it a bit more to see if I can get both. Plus at least with the Proficiency task you can grind them out over a few games - Mastery V where you need to do it in one life or one round is going to make me sad for a while. 

Also at the end of the day I'll take these hip-fire challenges over those nasty SAR/SLR headshot kills. Those have been staring at me and silently judging me for months now. 
  • NLBartmaN
    3173 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did one round with it and was surprised by the "little" recoil and speed of the gun and I like the sound of the gun.
    Made some kills I did not think were possible.

But the few bullits and long reload is enough reason to not make it one of my favourites.