The worst sights in the history of gaming

2»

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Just remove 3x then all sights will be equally bad!
    They should give it a try imo. 
  • Noodlesocks
    2479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the 1.5 zoom on iron sights and I hate how blurry they are and how easily they blend in with the environment as a result.
  • Foxhound45
    35 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "immersive and authentic" But then they come out with the weird Outfits that had nothing to do with WW2 and that makes you wonder if they have a creative director at all or just somebody who feels anything goes in this game for the sake of it? They might as well add zombies, space ships, superman! hell even witches, ghosts and goblins can be in it, yeiii! (ok im being sarcastic)
  • TheGM86
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the 1.5 zoom on iron sights and I hate how blurry they are and how easily they blend in with the environment as a result.
    can't you turn the blur off?
  • Hawxxeye
    5009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 said:
    can't you turn the blur off?

No the TAA cannot be turned off
  • stabbinhobo
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 has some horrible sights. The only reason I lvl'd some weapons was to get at the better sights. That said... they did not throw dirt on the less than good sights to make it m0ar realistic. But at least you had a LOT of options... with the less than stellar selection in BF5 it's much more noticeable how bad what is available is. 
  • NuttysKunKs
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    NuttysKunKs said:
    I mean they could’ve kept them all iron sights.

The sights are fine imo. Ofc in some situations it’s harder to see but you can’t have it all.

"Can't have it all" should be limited to the magnification and not the clarity.

The clarity isn’t an issue because you engage the target once you’ve seen them. At least I do.

Very rarely do I keep ADS to find the next target, unless I’ve spotted them right beside who I’m shooting at.

So for that type of play style you’ve got your clear 3x scope if you want to ADS more often and scan for enemies.

The reflex type sights are for CQ-Mid range combat where the enemy is often spotted before you’re aiming...

Least that’s my take on it.
  • Hawxxeye
    5009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NuttysKunKs said:
    I mean they could’ve kept them all iron sights.

The sights are fine imo. Ofc in some situations it’s harder to see but you can’t have it all.

"Can't have it all" should be limited to the magnification and not the clarity.

The clarity isn’t an issue because you engage the target once you’ve seen them. At least I do.

Very rarely do I keep ADS to find the next target, unless I’ve spotted them right beside who I’m shooting at.

So for that type of play style you’ve got your clear 3x scope if you want to ADS more often and scan for enemies.

The reflex type sights are for CQ-Mid range combat where the enemy is often spotted before you’re aiming...

Least that’s my take on it.
    I have literally lost enemies I saw without ADS with this tint on the reflex on dak places. That short delay to find them again is often lethal
  • y_j_es_i
    1093 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice wanted to encourage players to use iron sights because red dots and ACOGs weren’t commonplace/around(?) in WWII.

I think they’re right to give the x3 sights an ADS penalty because otherwise they’d be too good.

Yeh the x2 sights are needlessly **** but personally I really like AA sights. In BFV it’s just a shame their magnification’s so low
  • Hawxxeye
    y_j_es_i said:
    Dice wanted to encourage players to use iron sights because red dots and ACOGs weren’t commonplace/around(?) in WWII.
    Which is such a stupid think of DICE to say when other things that were not common at all in WWII are very common sights in this game. I think we all know what I am talking about.
    Also as I said in  another topic, they should had made the irons good instead of lowering the other sights down or bellow the irons level
  • y_j_es_i
    1093 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:

Which is such a stupid think of DICE to say when other things that were not common at all in WWII are very common sights in this game. I think we all know what I am talking about.Also as I said in  another topic, they should had made the irons good instead of lowering the other sights down or bellow the irons level

I mostly agree on the former. I can see why Dice did what they did but it’s a pain in the ****

The iron sights are all pretty realistic aren’t they? If they’re true to life then I don’t have a problem with most of them being the way they are. The Tommy’s defaults on the other hand tho are just a joke
  • SirBobdk
    3855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how the game play would be with perfect visibility on maps, iron sights, 1 x sights and no 3x zoom.
    I also wonder why the choose to make a gameplay where all can be semi snipers.
    It will of course not solve the problem of poorly designed maps.

• Hawxxeye
    edited July 12
    y_j_es_i said:
    y_j_es_i said:

Which is such a stupid think of DICE to say when other things that were not common at all in WWII are very common sights in this game. I think we all know what I am talking about.Also as I said in  another topic, they should had made the irons good instead of lowering the other sights down or bellow the irons level

I mostly agree on the former. I can see why Dice did what they did but it’s a pain in the ****

The iron sights are all pretty realistic aren’t they? If they’re true to life then I don’t have a problem with most of them being the way they are. The Tommy’s defaults on the other hand tho are just a joke
    realistic sights do not go well with game bullet damage.
    They were made to nail that one shot on someone to disable him, not for emptying half a mag on someone who keeps moving left and right without even flinching to the bullets
  • y_j_es_i
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    I wonder how the game play would be with perfect visibility on maps, iron sights, 1 x sights and no 3x zoom.
    I also wonder why the choose to make a gameplay where all can be semi snipers.
    It will of course not solve the problem of poorly designed maps.

What do you mean by ‘perfect visibility’?
    If the in-game camo’s any good then you’re gonna miss some people

I agree tho, I’d like to see how the game plays if x3 scopes were a spec or something
  • y_j_es_i
    y_j_es_i said:

y_j_es_i said:

realistic sights do not go well with game bullet damage.They were made to nail that one shot on someone to disable him, not for emptying half a mag on someone who keeps moving left and right without even flinching to the bullets

Idk man if almost everyone else was using iron sights I’d be perfectly happy to use them too. In the majority of cases I find tracking with them to be alright. Some sights are godawful and shame on their designers but when I was playing CoD I almost always used iron sights

I get your point and if it happened I wouldn’t complain but for now I find it adds a lil to ma mursion and that’ll be more true when guns like the Garand and Browning .30cal get added
  • SirBobdk
    y_j_es_i said:

What do you mean by ‘perfect visibility’?
    There are still some problems with light and dark places and when looking inside buildings, were it's hard to see.
    Even a soldier wearing the wrong camouflage can be difficult to see.
    It was not like that up until BF4, but it began with BF1.
    Camouflage and the ability to blend in seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure it's good for the gameplay.
  • y_j_es_i
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    y_j_es_i said:

What do you mean by ‘perfect visibility’?There are still some problems with light and dark places and when looking inside buildings, were it's hard to see.
    Even a soldier wearing the wrong camouflage can be difficult to see.
    It was not like that up until BF4, but it began with BF1.
    Camouflage and the ability to blend in seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure it's good for the gameplay.

Yeh the lighting can be a real issue. When I look out of openings on Arras I can’t see anything but glare half the time. I literally can’t see anything.
    And then my friends start telling me not to go towards the light 😄 jk

In BF4 everyone had clear outlines which I found really off-putting and I wouldn’t like to see BFV adopt that

Tbh ultimately I feel obliged to say that the selfish **** in the community who abuse the lack of visibility and lie prone with MMGs in bushes need to grow a pair and that the problem’s their fault but I can’t deny that they’re being facilitated

As for what should be done...
    I’m listening

Bringing back admins and kicking would be nice
  • SirBobdk
    y_j_es_i said:

As for what should be done...
    I’m listening

Bringing back admins and kicking would be nice
    To be honest, I don't know. I just think that the game has become more static and less dynamic, and with more random kills. Whether it's due to players, 3x zoom, map design, visibility or a combination, I am unsure of. 
    But yes, I look forward to rental servers and hopefully some good admins, servers and controls on cheaters.
  • SirBobdk
    edited July 12
    y_j_es_i said:

Yeh the lighting can be a real issue. When I look out of openings on Arras I can’t see anything but glare half the time. I literally can’t see anything.
    And then my friends start telling me not to go towards the light 😄 jk
    ROFL :D
    Post edited by SirBobdk on