Weekly BF

BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Worst BF to date in my opinion. Core gameplay is just horrible.

How can you not improve one thing from the last game in 3 years? I mean it slightly impresses me how much they managed to mess this up.
  • BrianLocal1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 said:
    Attrition & fast TTK/TTD are the major mistakes of BFV
    no fun at all
    & of course the bad netcode

The attrition and fast ttk aren't bad once you get used to the mechanics and running by the ammo stashes, since hardly anybody resupplies you.  Though I do like playing medic the most for the unliminted healthpacks.
  • RABID_4TUNA
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

How can you not improve one thing from the last game in 3 years? I mean it slightly impresses me how much they managed to mess this up.
    Battlefield 4 in its early stages wasn't much better, either. It had more technical issues than we can count.
  • KingRofty
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 said:
    no fun at all

The attrition and fast ttk aren't bad once you get used to the mechanics and running by the ammo stashes, since hardly anybody resupplies you.  Though I do like playing medic the most for the unliminted healthpacks.
    Don't let me catch you not reviving team members. 

I'll be watching you. Like a hawk. 
  • ElliotLH
    8646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    Billydoc1 said:
    no fun at all

"Every breath you take
    Every move you make
    Every bond you break
    Every step you take
    I'll be watching you"
  • BURGERKRIEG
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    no fun at all

True, but you never know until you try. DICE gave hardcore lite a try and players abandoned the game in droves. Hopefully DICE doesn't try it again in the next one.
    I see no evidence of anyone on the design end of BFV learning from mistakes. Those responsible had better be taking a back seat on the next title.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 said:

no fun at all

True, but you never know until you try. DICE gave hardcore lite a try and players abandoned the game in droves. Hopefully DICE doesn't try it again in the next one.

I see no evidence of anyone on the design end of BFV learning from mistakes. Those responsible had better be taking a back seat on the next title.

EA has already moved the good ones to the next title. That is why this is tanking
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no fun at all

that's true. BF5 has repeated the same mistakes that BF1 repeated from BF4.

It's so weird to see a studio repeat the same mistakes not only one, but over the course of the franchise. Remember the quitting bug and how they fixed it for bf5 and they couldn't fix it for bf1 because it was too late in development, but its still in bf5? :D

That's just one example.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    no fun at all

It's so weird to see a studio repeat the same mistakes not only one, but over the course of the franchise. Remember the quitting bug and how they fixed it for bf5 and they couldn't fix it for bf1 because it was too late in development, but its still in bf5? :D

That's just one example.
    I think for long time fans it’s the legacy bugs, and in terms of design fixing things that aren’t broken or scrapping improvements to quality of life stuff that is frustrating.
  • Cerben1
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lets hope for close combat maps whit more cower and more cower in all maps so its not so camper friendly. next bf game cold be that and more we have to wait and see =)
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next should be a vietnam redo. Jungle cover cancels out a lot of camping
  • KingRofty
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    KingRofty said:
    Billydoc1 said:
    no fun at all

"Every breath you take
    Every move you make
    Every bond you break
    Every step you take
    I'll be watching you"
    :D
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    BURGERKRIEG said:

OskooI_007 said:

no fun at all

That's just one example.

The studio and publishers will see BF1 as the pinnacle though, so to go from that to this is pretty insane.

You can debate the better game between BF3, BF4 and BF1 but BFV is not even close it's more likely to be debated as the worst with Hardline.

Drop off in quality is massive instead of the smaller mistakes we seen from BF3,BF4 and BF1.

• tempo_rarity
    1101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If one is self-taught in how to build bridges , one CAN get pretty good at building bridges .
    This is of course NO guarantee that this self-taught methodology is the proper way to build bridges though .

This IS how it seems that BF Games are always assembled .
    There's a 'vision' obviously , but it always seems to get built by revisionists .
    We see improperly placed 'bricks' being removed and moved constantly , almost like the builder NEEDS these mistakes .

Don't you dare watch it being built because you'll never have faith that such a bridge will even stand , let alone be crossable .
    Cross it later once it's (finally) built though and almost certainly you'll marvel at its genius and complexity , if 'bridges' are your thing .

The 'bridges' crossing both Modern and WWI warring are literal wonders of engineering , but only after a LOT of brick-moving .
    At this newest WWII 'bridge' , we got throngs of folks milling about , each one saying 'I'm not crossing THAT'- they 'looked' , when they shouldn't have .
    When it's (eventually) finished though , these same folk won't even give the marvel they're crossing over a second thought - they'll just use it .
    . . . and wonder where and when the next bridge might appear  :tongue:
  • ZombieGent
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I wouldn't say its a camp fest, snipers and MMG go prone, flank them stab them or Snipe them back.....works for me 
  • RABID_4TUNA
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SilkWildey said:

Battlefield 4 in its early stages wasn't much better, either. It had more technical issues than we can count.
    I'm tired of hearing people using BF4 to cover the issues with this game -- no offence with your post, this just triggers me. BF4 had tech issues in its first year, specifically with their servers. It sucked, but the core of the game was great. When the game worked, it showed the potential with how awesome the game would be once the issues were fixed.

With BFV, the issues go well beyond just network problems. It also includes poor UI, poorly put together classes, weapon balance, map design, lack of content just to name a few. These will not be fixed with a miracle patch. Because of this, Dice is very much in trouble with the long term health of this game.
    Long story short, BFV isn't alone.