This Week in Battlefield V

Will BFV have Behemoth type vehicles like BF1?

2»

Comments

• OskooI_007
    769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think behemoths are a unique take on a comeback mechanism. They didn't seem too overpowered in BF1, although the blimp raining death from above could be annoying.
  • ragnarok013
    3214 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I didn't like behemoths in BF1 at all, in fact we used to turn them off in our servers frequently so we could play a more traditional form of conquest. BF1 still has an active player base so OP if you want your behemoth fix BF1 is there for you.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You mean farmer traps and consolation prizes for losers?

I sincerely hope that Behemoths and Elites are never seen again in Battlefield.

A loser is whoever moans about getting killed by behemoth and elites.
  • VincentNZ
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I think he meant losers as in loser of a match, not a general loser. Think of it this way: Conquest in BF1 was all about sector control and the way tickets were handled meant that the rounds were decided 10 minutes into the game, as ticket accumulate constantly based on the objectives to hold. So key to winning is to put more bodies onto the flag than your enemy.
    Up comes the behemoth with 6 seats, that are immediately filled. This means that 6 people of 32 or 20% of that team is now in a vehicle that has access to 0-2 flags and where 2-4 seats have a lot of killing power. So a couple of guys are now farming kills, while the rest of the losing team is pushed back because they can now pile up even less bodies onto the objective, while the behemoth can not outkill the other team and certainly not the ticket counter. The behemoth was meant as a comeback tool and never worked, caused frustration for both teams and an overall worse gaming experience.
  • JZAB15
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see large vehicles return, especially for the pacific maps. Put them in a game mode like outpost, where players build certain structures and defend them for awhile, which would reward them with a vehicle.
  • Trokey66
    8361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought they were fun using and attacking them, they add another layer of interest to the game unlike BFV which has had most of its layers stripped.

A couple of minor flaws though......

They should have had a 'spawn only' seat and an ability to kick the driver if he didn't move from spawn.
  • Trokey66
    8361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    CedarOfLebanon said:

Halcyon_Creed_N7 wrote: »

I think he meant losers as in loser of a match, not a general loser. Think of it this way: Conquest in BF1 was all about sector control and the way tickets were handled meant that the rounds were decided 10 minutes into the game, as ticket accumulate constantly based on the objectives to hold. So key to winning is to put more bodies onto the flag than your enemy.
    Up comes the behemoth with 6 seats, that are immediately filled. This means that 6 people of 32 or 20% of that team is now in a vehicle that has access to 0-2 flags and where 2-4 seats have a lot of killing power. So a couple of guys are now farming kills, while the rest of the losing team is pushed back because they can now pile up even less bodies onto the objective, while the behemoth can not outkill the other team and certainly not the ticket counter. The behemoth was meant as a comeback tool and never worked, caused frustration for both teams and an overall worse gaming experience.

Behemoths could cap flags on most, if not all maps and had there not been so much crying about kills not counting forcing a scoring change, they may have proved more useful.

Doesn't account for brain dead players though but you get them in all games. After all, they got AP mines nerfed in BFV!
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    no thank you...
  • Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths make ofc more sense as a last resort on Breakthrough.
  • Foxhound45
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People are divided, so the way I see it they should implement a "realism" game mode and then have the regular gameplay that way people can chose what they want just like any other game mode currently out there.
  • Elephante33
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there is a simple solution to this, and its one we saw back in BF 2124: Behemoth VS Behemoth

Because unless its a dedicated attacher vs defender and the attackers get the Behemoth immediatly and the defenders have time to set up, I agree its just rewarding bad play.

Now back to Behemoth vs Behemoth. Other old timers like myself will remember these epic fights, essentially both teams had a giant sky ship with lots of guns, and the objective of the map was to tear down the enemies Behemoth. How do? You either cap flags controlling SAM launchers that fired upon it, or attacked it with aircraft and tried to board it, which led to AMAZING fights.

HOW to impliment into BFV? Imagine the USS New Jersey or the USS Montana duking it out against the Yamato, and we have a carried spawn for planes. Could you imagine how great that would be? 
    OR The Bismark vs the Prince of Whales, and if you arnt into boat mashing, why not an Alt history like in BF1942 Secret Weapons, with a Maus vs a T28 Super-Heavy Tank. You could set it in a large city map with lots of AT guns, so infantry and the big tank can work TOGETHER clearing area after area until finally they meet. 
  • CSO7777
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    I played BF1 for more than 1400 hours. In the end Behemoths and elite classes was a big part of the frustrations that wore me down and made me stop playing BF1 (along other things). They just made the game dumb and you got bored of them pretty quick.

They made no difference to the loosing team and often changed the gameplay for the worse, because people were spending more time avoiding getting killed than playing the game. I think the Behemoth made a difference in less than 10 games I played (out of 1000s played).

Rockets in BFV are Behemoths all over again (in a smaller scale though). Just a way to try to get cheap multikills and they doesn't do anything good for the game.
  • Foxhound45
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    Personally i found it super fun to destroy them and they did not even make that much of a difference as to say "rewarding bad play" more like: Look you guys are way better than the other team, you are blowing them away. We will help them out with this balancing tool. Sometimes it worked sometimes it did not, but i just thought seeing how the game is not focused on realism all that much, it would be a nice addition to see more things in game than less.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths are easily destroyed with team work
  • ZaneOWhite
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are fun to play against and play as
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 style behemoths? Nah I'll pass.... Things like a cargo plane flying overhead allowing for paradrops to help the fight out of a spawn trap?  Yeah I can live with that, non combative on rails support systems to help teams losing badly wouldn't be to terrible of an idea. 
  • CedarOfLebanon
    Behemoths are very important im bf1 and in bfv helps alot especially if it is one sided..