i m fed up with the netcode...horrible to play

ibasaw_fr
13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
since the update, it is worst to play.

i got more than 60 fps all the times but the games seem slow, not smooth, why ????!!!!

sometimes, i see an enemy and 0.5 s later i am dead, sometimes i even can't shoot, press fire but nothing ....

this is very very very very very frustating.

i got about 50-60 ms but the game look like i got 200 ping, what the hell !!!! ????

phoque !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    Game still has so called "One frame deaths". I experience it all the time unfortunately. Also since the last "Hotfix" that they've pushed on every platform, netcode in general got alot worse. Its impossible to play normally anymore because so many bullets just go missing.
  • FX_Rokhet
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is really broken, missing shot everywhere, I was playing today and even a PIAT got missing, sometime like OP said the guns dont even shot or reload, is infuriating.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh forget about hitting anything with this horrible animations and how fast the players move. That on top of the Net code is absurd. Dudes was sliding around today bunny hopping and you couldn't kill them at all. They was in a clan. Decent players but the way they was moving was so unnatural.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to turbo player movement and one frame deaths !
  • TFBisquit
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here on pc. 16ms ping all the time.
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yaa it's really bad. Lag, stuttering and lots of unknown factors.
    Hard to play when the system is constantly working against you

• TFBisquit
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s on and off, some rounds are excellent, I hear every bullet hitting me, then it suddenly changes.
    I’ve always believed that esp overlays and other cheats lag a server, but that doesn’t fly for consoles, so it must be something else in this game. Probably still the assignment tree.
  • ViolationofDerp
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    Yeah, the server/player synchronisation was okayish until some patches ago, but lately it is just horrible causing a wide range of issues, one frame death are just the more noteable. I remember BF1 had similar problems for some time ( on a lower scale ofc) before they switched their Cloud Service location and provider. On BF5 it never has been great, it just became much worse recently.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the game is completely broken at the moment for me
    1. 1 frame deaths pretty much >50% of the time
    2. hits not registering or low damage
    a) shot a guy with a revolver from 1m away, he somehow managed to kill me, I didnt do any damage apparently... seconds later squadmate killed him ---> Kill Assist!!! there is no way he should survive a body shot from such distance not to mention kill assist after no damage
    b) 2 headshots and 2 bodyshots from sturmgewehr 1-5 should be a kill.... nope, I get obliterated by a pistol in 1 shot
    3. getting killed before you hear gunfire
    4. not able to hear people 2m away from you on maps like fjel, twisted steel etc

this is all on PS4pro

• NLBartmaN
    3166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday the servers were terrible.

They can try to "fix" the code and do whatever they want, but without better (configged) servers, servers in more regions, ping limits and seriously tweaking the "compensation" for high and unstable pingers the game will keep on perform poorly.
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Yesterday the servers were terrible.

They can try to "fix" the code and do whatever they want, but without better (configged) servers, servers in more regions, ping limits and seriously tweaking the "compensation" for high and unstable pingers the game will keep on perform poorly.
    Agree, it was. 
    The other day when I installed the new Nvidia driver the game ran fantastic, but when I think about it, then it was late and only with around 25 servers in the EU (PC)
    With the new TOW there were  100+ serveres yesterday, which may have an impact on performance.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm another who thinks it can be a bit random/down to how you are playing. Don't get me wrong there are issues but in the games I played last night I only had one shot around the corner moment and the other player was 120 ping and one no damage registered despite the hit marker and points showing for spotting the enemy. That is against last weekend where I seemed to be dying extremely quickly and getting caught on every little rock and fence post going.
  • XDCFluffy
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday the server I was on was terrible.  2-4 metres around a corned dying.  One on ones losing 90% of them as the player clearly wasn't where they were on my screen.  The game is currently in its worst stats since launch.
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's gotta be the assignment bug for this week's tides of war. I experienced the worst lag spikes thus far yesterday. Once I completed the final objective, everything started to smooth out. The last objective was almost impossible to do with completely unresponsive controls.
  • NLBartmaN
    3166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    The servers are again in a terrible state today, hitreg is terrible.

Every time some Tides of War stuff is live, the game gets trash.

The combination of game mechanics and poor Netcode/servers make the game 1 big frustration when you have the "wrong" ping ...
    Post edited by NLBartmaN on
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I always start of with taking a look at the scoreboard.
    If the top guys are going 47-4 with a ping of 140+ then I just gtfo.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i play on both PS4 Pro & One X
    the game on Pro is much worse
  • OskooI_007
    707 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    I'm leaning towards getting a PlayStation 5 because I haven't been impressed with Xbox server performance in the past.
  • chuckandcotton
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frostbite needs to be set on fire and start from scratch.

Played a little overwatch, not my kinda game, but the input is so much better, netcode is way better.

Im really tired of input lag and ghost death.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags ... would this not also be considered a "vent" thread?  Sure I put my vent thread in all caps... ok ok fine.  If I were to uncap it would that make it ok to call out this game for what it is?  I respected you when you also admitted that you were upset with CC system when it was broken... and I understand the job of moderators... but honestly.  How much of a threat are sanctions when I can't even play the game?  I won't be able to vent about it on forums where other people are saying... Hey!  This game is broken!  Darn.  People are reaching a breaking point.  If they won't listen to us.  Will they listen to you?  As I said before, months ago, a little empathy goes a very long way.