Battlefield is being killed by the "hardcore" players

Comments

• luis_cant_aim
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hardcore players made Battlefield, go back to any past Battlefield look at the servers still going. All hardcore. Mini map playing red dot spoting noobs

Lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Also hardcore is an awful mode full of garbage players
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hardcore players made Battlefield, go back to any past Battlefield look at the servers still going. All hardcore. Mini map playing red dot spoting noobs

Lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Also hardcore is an awful mode full of garbage players

Who are you? Another person I've never seen on the forums baiting.
  • ragnarok013
    3031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

luis_cant_aim keep the discussion civil as continued baiting may adversely affect your ability to interact here on the forums.
  • PATTERSON_US
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll keep it simple and short, when reading through the topics we can see there are a lot of different sections of players, who play for different reasons. Most of them are alright, but a good portion of these people can only be described as "elitist" and kind of authoritarian in their thinking, the kind of people who say things like "x doesn't belong in an fps" "x requires no skill, so it's bad" "too fast ttk negates skill because you can't turn around and return fire" "bipods should be removed from battlefield" "5 vs 5 game-modes are great and we should see more of them" " 64 players is too chaotic and random, it requires no skill" "snipers are useless and should be removed from the game" and so on and so forth, I think you perfectly understand who I am talking about, it's a mix of normal people and some stupid youtubers with too much following for their own good who, for some incomprehensible reason, seem convinced that they know how to "balance" (whatever that means in a game where everyone has access to the same equipment) the game and react with anger towards anyone who dares to oppose their views (of course not all, but there are plenty of examples in this forum of total unwillingness to debate and discuss).

To these people: I understand, you probably come from other games that are much more streamlined and provide less content for the sake of better balancing and better reflecting the individual skill of the players and their tactical choices. The problem is, battlefield has never been this game. Battlefield is about immersion and teamwork, it's spirit is creativity, variety and pure fun. Skill is important of course, but in the game itself you quickly find out you can't do much against two tanks on your own, the game discourages the "rambo" mentality and it is not to **** you off and make you sad, it's because it is another breed of game, much more about a beautiful experience than competitive gaming (or even professional gaming). All the rest of us are baffled by how a tiny vocal minority has succeded through the years in modifying the game up to battlefield V, where it seems the developers almost exclusively listen to this feedback and ignore all the other players. You're trying to make battlefield into something it isn't, and the result will be that both you and the old-school fans will be disappointed. Stop making changes to appease these people, they're the kind of players that go from game to game and follow the trends, be yourself and try to recapture the spirit of the original game, don't follow the trends too.

I write this topic because I love battlefield and I can't stand how disappointing V was, it's a good game but it's so distant from how purely EPIC a battlefield release is. Battlefield used to mean "game from the future", great graphics new mechanics bigger scale, every battlefield release has been a step forward for the whole industry, V was the first battlefield to release and just... meh.

thanks for reading and I hope this sparks an interesting discussion
    tl;dr please make battlefield fun again.

Agree with you. Unfortunately battlefield failed for the fact that nobody play as a team, I think we should have a leader who gives order to all 32 players. Or each team has different skills
  • ForbidRhyme
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 9
    @PATTERSON_US "Agree with you. Unfortunately battlefield failed for the fact that nobody play as a team, I think we should have a leader who gives order to all 32 players. Or each team has different skills"

And I agree with you in regards to team play. It's like each team is really 8+ diffent teams running around doing their own thing. The had a commander in bf4, but what I think is that the game needs comms for squad leads to communicate or maybe proximity chat at least. It won't be perfect, and you will still have those squads that don't do anything, but at least you could team up with other squads and have a strategy. This would especially work for when RSP comes out!
  • TEXls1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP needs to be checked for a concussion, Dice is killing my the game and them alone.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll keep it simple and short, when reading through the topics we can see there are a lot of different sections of players, who play for different reasons. Most of them are alright, but a good portion of these people can only be described as "elitist" and kind of authoritarian in their thinking, the kind of people who say things like "x doesn't belong in an fps" "x requires no skill, so it's bad" "too fast ttk negates skill because you can't turn around and return fire" "bipods should be removed from battlefield" "5 vs 5 game-modes are great and we should see more of them" " 64 players is too chaotic and random, it requires no skill" "snipers are useless and should be removed from the game" and so on and so forth, I think you perfectly understand who I am talking about, it's a mix of normal people and some stupid youtubers with too much following for their own good who, for some incomprehensible reason, seem convinced that they know how to "balance" (whatever that means in a game where everyone has access to the same equipment) the game and react with anger towards anyone who dares to oppose their views (of course not all, but there are plenty of examples in this forum of total unwillingness to debate and discuss).

To these people: I understand, you probably come from other games that are much more streamlined and provide less content for the sake of better balancing and better reflecting the individual skill of the players and their tactical choices. The problem is, battlefield has never been this game. Battlefield is about immersion and teamwork, it's spirit is creativity, variety and pure fun. Skill is important of course, but in the game itself you quickly find out you can't do much against two tanks on your own, the game discourages the "rambo" mentality and it is not to **** you off and make you sad, it's because it is another breed of game, much more about a beautiful experience than competitive gaming (or even professional gaming). All the rest of us are baffled by how a tiny vocal minority has succeded through the years in modifying the game up to battlefield V, where it seems the developers almost exclusively listen to this feedback and ignore all the other players. You're trying to make battlefield into something it isn't, and the result will be that both you and the old-school fans will be disappointed. Stop making changes to appease these people, they're the kind of players that go from game to game and follow the trends, be yourself and try to recapture the spirit of the original game, don't follow the trends too.

I write this topic because I love battlefield and I can't stand how disappointing V was, it's a good game but it's so distant from how purely EPIC a battlefield release is. Battlefield used to mean "game from the future", great graphics new mechanics bigger scale, every battlefield release has been a step forward for the whole industry, V was the first battlefield to release and just... meh.

Agree with you. Unfortunately battlefield failed for the fact that nobody play as a team, I think we should have a leader who gives order to all 32 players. Or each team has different skills

Well BF4 had commander mode where one guy on each team could set objectives to be attacked by certain squads, and I would get upgrades and bonuses to those that followed orders.

It worked out pretty well imo.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Hawxxeye said:

xKusagamix said:

Hawxxeye wrote: »
    One of my greatest joys in BF games is to get in a vehicle and blow stuff up.I feel that this has become harder than ever before to do now. You either cannot see the enemies very well (plane vs ground) or they are going to destroy you with their superior anti vehicle gadgets (non-camping tank vs infantry).

C4 Launch and Jeep Stuff, annoying but fun.

The unnecessary animations and "realistic" elements totally killed it.

the animations ruined this lovely tactic

DICE seriously need to get their craps all together and look how frustrating it is to play BFV with their dumb decisions one after another. Frustrating Assignments, overkill realistic animation/physic, dumb way to monitize cosmetic

Agreed on everything other than ‘overkill physics’ and animations.

Overkill physics? ADAD spam wouldn’t be nearly as bad if the physics were any good. BFV’s physics are a downgrade from BFI’s and BF4’s.
    As for plane physics, they completely botched them which is why flying has gone downhill to such a terrible extent

On animations, if BFV was the first BF you’d ever played you wouldn’t be complaining about them. You’re just upset about them because you’re clearly very nostalgic about good memories you have from BF4 that can’t be re-enacted in BFV.
    In any case C4+jump IED type stuff you actually can do in BFV, it’s just harder because you have to time it better
  • The_BERG_366
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Hawxxeye said:

xKusagamix said:

One of my greatest joys in BF games is to get in a vehicle and blow stuff up.I feel that this has become harder than ever before to do now. You either cannot see the enemies very well (plane vs ground) or they are going to destroy you with their superior anti vehicle gadgets (non-camping tank vs infantry).

DICE seriously need to get their craps all together and look how frustrating it is to play BFV with their dumb decisions one after another. Frustrating Assignments, overkill realistic animation/physic, dumb way to monitize cosmetic

Overkill physics? ADAD spam wouldn’t be nearly as bad if the physics were any good. BFV’s physics are a downgrade from BFI’s and BF4’s.
    As for plane physics, they completely botched them which is why flying has gone downhill to such a terrible extent

On animations, if BFV was the first BF you’d ever played you wouldn’t be complaining about them. You’re just upset about them because you’re clearly very nostalgic about good memories you have from BF4 that can’t be re-enacted in BFV.
    In any case C4+jump IED type stuff you actually can do in BFV, it’s just harder because you have to time it better

flying is a lot better than in bf1. bf1 was the arcadiest of arcady flying.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

xKusagamix said:

Flying in BFV was great until a coupla months ago when they decided to change flight mechanics. Their changes broke it imo. Things feel fine when you’re in a bomber but dogfighting has gone downhill big time
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    BF used to be a casual pub game with lots of vehicles on huge well designed maps. A game easy to play with lots of content and fun. All of this are gone and now we have an 90% infantry game on small badly designed maps. The fun is gone and all there is left is hard work and frustrations. Dice have changed to many things and left the concept that worked and made BF great. The few got to deside and the rest are leaving. 

whydo you keep saying 90% to everything?

sirBobdk said:
    BF used to be a casual pub game with lots of vehicles on huge well designed maps. A game easy to play with lots of content and fun. All of this are gone and now we have an 90% infantry game on small badly designed maps. The fun is gone and all there is left is hard work and frustrations. Dice have changed to many things and left the concept that worked and made BF great. The few got to deside and the rest are leaving.

• SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Waw. All the things we could talk about and this is what you find the most interesting.
    It is just an expression that is neither scientific nor mathematical.
    Next time I will use terms like a "primarily infantry game" and "a large part of the player base", if that works better for you.

• TropicPoison
    Hawxxeye said:

xKusagamix said:

I feel the opposite, I feel like it's easier in BFV to stay on someones tail, but to each their own.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Well BF4 had commander mode where one guy on each team could set objectives to be attacked by certain squads, and I would get upgrades and bonuses to those that followed orders.

I was never a fan of Commander mode.  Clans may have used it, but generally most of the HC private servers left it out.
  • mf_shro0m
    TropicPoison said:

PATTERSON_US wrote: »

giammottino wrote: »

I was never a fan of Commander mode.  Clans may have used it, but generally most of the HC private servers left it out.

Tbh I think the reality is that when some randomer who doesn’t wtf they’re doing is your team’s commander, things are gonna suck. In BFV this even happens when your randomer squad leader just sucks but won’t let anyone else take command because they’re oblivious to how things could be done better, and squad leaders have a lot less power than commanders

i like the idea of having a commander mode for clan games but realistically that wouldn’t benefit many people and wouldn’t justify the dev time it’d require.
    There’s also the fact that except for the more professional clans, who the commander is would likely be quite a political thing and that sounds like a pain in the ****
  • bigiain
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My memory of the commander in BF4 was that the team who had one tended to win. You then needed someone on the other side who had joined a game to play a FPS to stop doing that and be the commander, which often didn't happen.
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain said:
    My memory of the commander in BF4 was that the team who had one tended to win. You then needed someone on the other side who had joined a game to play a FPS to stop doing that and be the commander, which often didn't happen.
    Agree. It was much better in BF2 and also more fun.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    Things that are killing BF
    1.DICE who listen all CoD players,snipers
    2.DICE who listen players who love hardcore mode
    3.DICE who don't use the stable & good foundation & mechanics of previous titles & wish to rebuild everything from the start causing new bugs & issues
    4.DICE who make BF games more complicated with too many animations & mechanics.The game can be more simple.
    5.Results of the above>
    Too fast TTK/TTD with a bad netcode making gameplay very bad & no fun at all....spawn & die & repeat is not fun...not being able to react when you see an enemy is bad for the game.
    Bipoded mg users & snipers all over the place ruin the gameplay experience for those who PTFO.
    Sniper friendly mechanics>>> every big map has almost 30 snipers....it's so bad for both teams
    Attrition ruined aggresive & objective gameplay.Very bad choice for the BF franchise.
    & finally spotting needs to come back at least for an individual player & not for all ...making the minimap full of red dots lol
    ps: i love BF...i want BF to be successful...we love BF. The only FPS for me which i think is by far the BEST franchise.Keep it alive folks.DICE good luck & use properly all the feedback.
  • ragnarok013
    3031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    bigiain said:
    bigiain That's why we need the old BF2 fighting commanders back instead of the BF4 play from your tablet commanders.
  • Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE/EA have did all the killing. 

This game is a joke -- hardcore fans didn't develop this unpolished ****, they DICE did... Patch after patch the game doesn't even get better it either goes backwards or continues to stay in its stagnate state and new annoying bugs and issues get introduced.

There isn't enough content because the game is broken, and when they do add more content it's broken because the game is broken!

The QA group within DICE is doing one or multiple of the following --

A.) QA doesn't exist at DICE.

B.) QA obviously doesn't do it's job at DICE

C. ) Higher ups tell QA to ignore everything and just let patches and content go roll out regardless of it's condition.

Take your pick.