Does anyone struggle to play this game now?

Minigun991
133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I mean it’s not fun for me personally. After every match, I’m not saying “I can’t wait for the next match.” Like previous titles. Instead, I’m saying “what else can I play.”

It’s a combination of terrible maps, awful mechanics and the bugs.

First off, I just can’t stand 98% of the maps. Any map outside of France are awful to me. The desert maps literally are me torturing myself on purpose.

Second, is the mechanics. Instead of classes being roles, they are difficultly settings. Assault being easy mode, support is medium, and scout are useless. Tanks feel like a power up now, that has no fear factor.

Who ever at DICE made the choice to give the most played class anti tank weapons with no draw backs. I hope they left or got fired. In Battlefield 1 it worked. Here it doesn’t.

Finally the bugs. Before I had to quit games cause I couldn’t die when I was downed. Today I feel like I’m playing a Predator game with the amount of invisible soldiers.

It’s just a struggle to play this game past 30 minutes. It’s overly boring from the lack of content, and frustrating from the fact that the content that is in the game is not very good.

I guess I’m not the only one, cause anything to do with battlefield V is riddled with comments of people saying they haven’t played the game in X amount of months.

Comments

• Snookray83
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The static gameplay is too boring, I enjoyed BF1 operations a lot but one round of breakthrough on BFV is enough for me even after weeks of not playing.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah, it's tough to play now. 5-10 mins and i alt+f4
  • CSO7777
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All the issues in the game (sound not working, stuttering, bad visibility, movement not working etc) makes me frustrated pretty quick. Can only play a few rounds and then it's just gets too much for me.

The game-play is ok-ish, but the bugs and issues just make the game nearly unplayable for me.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't put in more than one round at a time and that is on Rotterdam, Devestation or Arras. I don't even bother with the rest of the maps.
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snookray83 wrote: »
    The static gameplay is too boring, I enjoyed BF1 operations a lot but one round of breakthrough on BFV is enough for me even after weeks of not playing.

Looks like you played a solid 12 hrs the past couple days
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is hard work. Every time I try to have a relaxing gaming session, I'm within the minute at the tip of my seat.
    It has to do with the visibility. It's very hard to spot enemies and you're constantly guessing where they might appear.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game is just frustrating to play. Bugs and balance problems spoils the fun. Game has been out for 8 months and they're still working on getting the game just to run stably. Doesn't give me much confidence in the game going forward.

Also having to play through the entire play list to get to the maps I wanna play is a bit boring. The sooner rental servers get here the better.
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters and poor design choices are why I uninstalled yesterday. I'm still trying to ind a replacement game. The que times for FS are ridiculous and EA doesn't give 1 hoot about the blatant cheating that's been going on since beta. 
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is Maps like Mercury that should be deleted or reworked entirely.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah pretty looking but I can't see anything on it except the tracers of the mmg or sniper that killed me way out on the mountain.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    that's one of the more enjoyable maps in the games, though its not perfect.
  • MrCamp121
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can play...but these clan stacks and broken balancing are a joke
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    I mean it’s not fun for me personally. After every match, I’m not saying “I can’t wait for the next match.” Like previous titles. Instead, I’m saying “what else can I play.”

It’s a combination of terrible maps, awful mechanics and the bugs.

First off, I just can’t stand 98% of the maps. Any map outside of France are awful to me. The desert maps literally are me torturing myself on purpose.

Second, is the mechanics. Instead of classes being roles, they are difficultly settings. Assault being easy mode, support is medium, and scout are useless. Tanks feel like a power up now, that has no fear factor.

Who ever at DICE made the choice to give the most played class anti tank weapons with no draw backs. I hope they left or got fired. In Battlefield 1 it worked. Here it doesn’t.

Finally the bugs. Before I had to quit games cause I couldn’t die when I was downed. Today I feel like I’m playing a Predator game with the amount of invisible soldiers.

It’s just a struggle to play this game past 30 minutes. It’s overly boring from the lack of content, and frustrating from the fact that the content that is in the game is not very good.

I guess I’m not the only one, cause anything to do with battlefield V is riddled with comments of people saying they haven’t played the game in X amount of months.

Struggle? Nah, I just don't play it at all anymore.
    Post edited by Masqerader on
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i struggle to play this game more than 1 day out of the week. That's about it though
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's 5% fun and 95% frustration for me. When it works, it's fantastic and I love it. The problem is, there's long periods between it being like that.

If I play on Oceania servers it's the same die hard professionals. I get killed in a fraction of a second from 300m by a player I cannot see, or they're super-marioing across my screen where I can hit a shot but every one of theirs lands in my brain box. Plus everyone is hooked up to Discord so as soon as you kill an enemy, every other person on the team knows where you are. Yes I could join the club, but I really don't want to play combat call centre operator for fun.

If I play on Asian servers I have to deal with a higher ping, although many times it's not too bad to Japan. I've had much better results of finding balanced games of average players over there, but the cheating is rampant. One guy was 156 / 3 at the end of Devastation Conquest.

The game has three months to deliver or they may as well shut it down. They need to conquer their QA issues, deal with the cheaters, fix the game play and deliver a quality RSP. If I can find an RSP that supports average players, no Discord, no clans, no professionals, then I would happily pay for that ongoing because I would finally be getting reliable, enjoyable gameplay. Otherwise, another game I'm waiting for will be out by then and I'll be gone for good.

Plus EA can kiss goodbye any chance of me ever buying one of their games again as they'll have proven they can't deliver. I'm a Star Wars fan and was initially excited by news of a new game, but as soon as I heard EA were behind it I lost all interest.
  • NuttysKunKs
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Go play BF4. You might have some fun again :)!
  • Dillzio
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see the point in playing the game now that it's been taken over by hackers. I can't understand how EA or DICE can justify charging what they do for the game when they make it so incredible easy for the hackers. All they would need to do is check player's stat's to look for superhuman accuracy, surely it can't be that hard.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't play as often as I used to. In past games I'd try to get at least an hour in a day and often stay up playing when the wife and kids have gone to bed. Recently however I've not been fussed if I go a day or two without playing. I do only play 2 games though (bf and Fifa)as I don't have the time to sink time into multiple titles,and skipped Fifa this year due to it basically being the same Game for the last 3 or 4 iterations.  However I don't seem to have got the game breaking bugs or crashes others seem to encounter. Yes, the odd 'invisible' player and some stuttering, whilst is annoying hasn't been too bad to be unplayable. I'm on PS4 
  • mitchpic
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    I can play maybe 2-3 rounds of conquest or squad conquest before I'm bored to death.

Just don't get that BF experience like I did with previous ones, and the fact that the game is a laggy mess since the recent patches makes it even worse.

I also don't like all the daily/weekly assignments and events nonsense, weekly that weekly this, its all a load of confusing nonsense, that I could not care less about.
    I think thats why this game is in such a mess personally.

They seem to put loads of effort into that stuff forgetting about the core of the game .