Netcode destroys this game

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if it's my internet (200 mb/s) or the netcode but it seems when I ADS directly on target frequently an enemy somehow moves a metre to the right or left and throws my aim completely off. Doesn't look like ADAD and looks like teleportation. In one frame an enemy changes their position. Very very annoying

This is so annoying. It's so broken and I think it's tied to how fast everyone is and the specializations that give people 60% Movement while ADS. The gunplay is so ruined in this game.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    41317664 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's my internet (200 mb/s) or the netcode but it seems when I ADS directly on target frequently an enemy somehow moves a metre to the right or left and throws my aim completely off. Doesn't look like ADAD and looks like teleportation. In one frame an enemy changes their position. Very very annoying

Like this?

To my untrained eye this looks like intentional, ADAD spam.

I'll have to record a clip of the issue I face, it's in CQB.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^^ Thats ADAD.. the movement in this game is seriously stuck on stupid. Add the 1 frame deaths and you can totally get why a lot of people are saying WTF??!!
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 14
    Wait, you can really stafe and change direction that fast with lightened stock? Now that’s just ridiculous.
    I genuinely thought that it was down to lag :open_mouth:
  • S1n31ra
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The whole game is a dumpster fire now.
    Lag spikes all the time.
    Awful hit registration, 1 out of three hits, randomly.
    Shotguns block damage from other players (MORONS).
    etc.

What a dumpster fire of a game.

• ProAssassin2003
    3246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    The whole game is a dumpster fire now.Lag spikes all the time.Awful hit registration, 1 out of three hits, randomly.Shotguns block damage from other players (MORONS).etc.
    What a dumpster fire of a game.

It truly is and it gets worse every time I play. It's like it's decomposing. Now on PS4 Pro when I ADS there is a 2 second delay at random times before you can see through optics. It's insane how many bugs and broken mechanics are in this game. I have zero Faith the next patch will do anything it will probably break something else.
  • NLBartmaN
    3054 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The RSP/ping limit can't come fast enough: high pingers being top 3 in K/D on servers starts to get normal.

Just left a server (and not just me, but the server start to empty fast), because a (Arabic) player with ping swithing between 99 and 120 was killing everybody and even when 5 players shot at him, nobody could kill him and he could melt everyone within 1 frame, totally killing the fun for everybody else on the server.

Why are players from Africa and Asia on EU servers and why are they compensated for their poor connection so much?
  • BaronVonGoon
    6663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    The RSP/ping limit can't come fast enough: high pingers being top 3 in K/D on servers starts to get normal.

For all we know we may get an extremely watered down version of rsp with little customization, no ability to kick cheaters or limit ping to an acceptable max.
  • NLBartmaN
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

For all we know we may get an extremely watered down version of rsp with little customization, no ability to kick cheaters or limit ping to an acceptable max.
    All I need is the option to kick those people ...

And RSP without that option is no RSP.
  • oldmandown65
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, no, no, it’s your connection - so I’ve been told.   😂
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    It's the game engine that's responsible and is killing the series (not just V in particular).
    Unless EA suffers a stroke again, like it did with the approval of Frostbite engine and give a go for a FPS suitable engine, this will never go away.
    Not really, it is too little servers in some regions, adding high pingers from those regions to other regions (EU servers) and Netcode that compensates so much the servers almost crash and can't keep up and crazy things start to happen.
    Yes really. There is no such thing such netcode. Netcode is something people say and it involves anything and everything related to their interactions with the game network wise.
    The few or no servers to some regions and high pingers are a different problem.
    The first and most fundamental problem is the game engine. This story goes back to BF3.
    Nope, not even close.

The game is totally different when your ping goes up or some high and unstable pingers join the server you are on.
    This is totally related to the part of the game that controls the data traffic between client and server.

Adding a ping limit will instantly fix a lot of bugs and hit reg issues.
    BF1 had a week of some "tweaking" of the "netcode" and the game instantly became 10 times better.
    Dude I don't know how old you are but pls, politely, take a hike.
    This is almost a 10-year-old issue and has been addressed by us (the players) a million times. Go watch "Battle(non)sense" youtube videos he made years ago or read very old fora and you'll find the same things written.
    The high pingers are a separate problem. They were "addressed" in BF4 with ping limiters but just because they did in one iteration doesn't mean they would do it again in another.
    dude please explain how BF1 plays so much better than BF5? (in terms of hit registry, no one frame kills etc....)
    Id like to see your stupid excuse
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^^ Thats ADAD.. the movement in this game is seriously stuck on stupid. Add the 1 frame deaths and you can totally get why a lot of people are saying WTF??!!
    you dont say?

I was 1v1 against a support with a shotgun.... around 20m away..... I used 30+ bullets from my tommy not a single bullet hit him since he was ADAD... guess who died first?
  • MAJWolfcookies
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What makes a big difference for me is the ping differential between me and the target. Me (low) + target (high) = netcode issues.
  • ackers75
    2285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Watched my son playing the game yesterday and the top player went 30/1 with 184ms ping!

That’s your problem!
  • TFBisquit
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stabbinhobo said:

you dont say?

I was 1v1 against a support with a shotgun.... around 20m away..... I used 30+ bullets from my tommy not a single bullet hit him since he was ADAD... guess who died first?

Ah, the Tommy, saw a dude jumping off a mountain ridge while 1hk me in midflight with the Tommy. Yesterday.
    I’m thinking he killed me while still standing on that ridge and then jump.
    Why the game skips that part for me is a mystery.
    This is on pc.
  • MatthewSkeet
    edited July 18
    TFBisquit said:
    stabbinhobo said:

you dont say?

Ah, the Tommy, saw a dude jumping off a mountain ridge while 1hk me in midflight with the Tommy. Yesterday.
    I’m thinking he killed me while still standing on that ridge and then jump.
    Why the game skips that part for me is a mystery.
    This is on pc.
    was this on al sundan in CQB playlist? around 11PM GMT (take away around 5hrs for US)?

edit... just noticed it was on a pc... had similar "incident" yesterday myself although I was the jumping dude lol
  • zenn_nme
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What makes a big difference for me is the ping differential between me and the target. Me (low) + target (high) = netcode issues.
    This, so many 'one-shot' death instances only due to this.
  • NLBartmaN
    It is even simple to "proof"

Join servers until you have found one where all players are within 50 to max 60ms from each other and noone has a unstable connection (changing ping more than 5ms every second -> player has latency variation icon).

It will feel like you are playing a different game.

Right now, 4 out of 5 of my deaths are by players with a poor connection, at which I shot first (on my screen) but still died within 1 frame.
  • G-Gnu
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A LOT of stuff has destroyed this game, including the netcode, though bad netcode is nothing new with this franchise just that they was able to get it even worse in this iteration. 
  • Soulbreeze
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 19

It's so weird that I see so many people say this because when I play, it's always the guys with like 15ms pings destroying everyone. 55-60ms from the Midwest is about as good as I can get. High pingers are a problem too, but I seem to get it from both sides.