Please bring back suppression. The game is being exploited by "Super Snipers" etc 😂😂😂

Venomenal1
289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 16
DICE, you have tried to make it kinda realistic with a few things. Please could you bring back suppression into the game as this makes the game more realistic when being shot at? 
Post edited by Venomenal1 on

Comments

• ForbidRhyme
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree!
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think we need something similar but not as extreme. My personal preference would be to have more punishment for being actually hit though. I do like the spotting on suppression though.
  • Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree I think they need to bring back suppression (bf3) With obvious tweaks but something would be better than what they have currently which is none. And the spaz bots doing there adad would be put in a little check, that is ridiculous (movement speed)
  • eorzkmien
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. I don't think anyone wants the random bullet deviation back that made you miss your shot with the cross hairs lined up, but with the longer range weapons the Assault and Recon classes have access to, we need more effective means to counter those with squad tactics.
    It makes no sense to put such a heavy emphasis on squad and team mechanics and yet remove such a core concept of infantry combat entirely.
  • rock1obsta
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't there already an aim penalty or something if you shoot while being shot at? I thought I read that in an explanation somewhere.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12827 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There is already suppression AFAIK.

Not like BF4 or BF3's suppression,  e.g Petroleum Jelly smeared over your entire screen.

But it IS there in some form in BFV.
  • GenCuster
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    The problem is that it works "perfectly" on me .......
    but it doesn't work to whom I shoot ...
    :D :D :D

• TFBisquit
    1509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They could make the spotting from being suppressed for all classes, and longer visible.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CH1R0N83 wrote: »
    I’m not sure about suppression, but I do think we need some kind of flinching for when players actually take damage. The way that snipers can casually line up headshots WHILE BEING SHOT is ridiculous and easily one of my biggest bugbears in the game.

I have said exactly this since the beta.
  • bunningsSnagz
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think we need something similar but not as extreme. My personal preference would be to have more punishment for being actually hit though. I do like the spotting on suppression though.
    I really hated how suppression in BF1 affected accuracy but i do feel like there should be more of a visual suppression affect in BFV, because at the moment i really dont know when im suppressed. I rekin they really should add spot suppression to all classes not just support.
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    Suppression was never a realistic thing, tbh. Just because someone is stray shooting at me doesn't magically make my aiming go haywire. I should be afraid to shoot back, yes, but this is a game when you can just respawn so no one will care.

There are a lot of problems in BFV that's caused by the realistic idea already, suppression is the last thing i would ever want.
  • OskooI_007
    707 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played a lot of BF1 where suppression causes bullet spread and I absolutely hate it. It turns gunfights into whoever shoots first wins.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played a lot of BF1 where suppression causes bullet spread and I absolutely hate it. It turns gunfights into whoever shoots first wins.

That's simply not true, you could overcome it with weaponknowledge. Also the suppression values were different over distances. Noone could suppress snipers in BF1, which was really actually broken. DICE made a huge failure on that one.
  • OskooI_007
    707 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me, it's not about realism in video games. It's about fun.
  • Shadeblast
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As many of you pointed out. The lack of Suppression like in the old days is making the game far too easy for the classes it previously countered (mid to long range weapons). Although I liked the old suppression system, it's understandable to find it too punishing. On the other hand, that's what made BF4 so much less fast paced than BFV currently is. People keep jumping and spinning around while being under heavy fire and just drop 3 people while doing so.
    Besides. If someone is suppressing you, he can't suppress someone else. You gotta work together comrades!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression fire?  No thanks.  I'm not gonna be John Stockton dishing to Karl Malone all game getting assists and no kills cause some broken crutch coding.  This coming from a guy that loved the M60 on Bad Company 2.  Then playing BF3/BF4 with the new suppression ****. no thanks.