Invisible players

mollyfrank1
158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 8
Any updates on the invisible bug?  I still see helmets running around.

Comments

• OskooI_007
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 8
    PartWelsh wrote:
    We’re still investigating potential fixes for the ‘Invisible Soldier’ issue that appeared with the recent updates. Originally we believed that this was caused by faulty customization options, however after extensive testing we’ve learned that this is a purely random occurrence that exists on the client side only, and whilst harmful to the gameplay experience, it’s something that we’re confident isn’t something that’s able to be intentionally exploited by players.

We believe that this is caused by an engine issue that prevents the client from rendering the needed texture files, and isn’t consistent across all players on the server. Whilst it may be that you’re attacked by an Invisible Soldier, it’s every bit as likely that your Squad Mates are indeed seeing the opposing player correctly, and better able to identify the threat and engage. This remains a priority for us to resolve in our next update.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/190215/battlefield-v-chapter-4-defying-the-odds-update-1-1-hotfix

Hopefully DICE will fix it when the next patch comes out at the end of July.
  • mollyfrank1
    thank you much appreciated
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PartWelsh wrote:
    We’re still investigating potential fixes for the ‘Invisible Soldier’ issue that appeared with the recent updates. Originally we believed that this was caused by faulty customization options, however after extensive testing we’ve learned that this is a purely random occurrence that exists on the client side only, and whilst harmful to the gameplay experience, it’s something that we’re confident isn’t something that’s able to be intentionally exploited by players.

We believe that this is caused by an engine issue that prevents the client from rendering the needed texture files, and isn’t consistent across all players on the server. Whilst it may be that you’re attacked by an Invisible Soldier, it’s every bit as likely that your Squad Mates are indeed seeing the opposing player correctly, and better able to identify the threat and engage. This remains a priority for us to resolve in our next update.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/190215/battlefield-v-chapter-4-defying-the-odds-update-1-1-hotfix

dont you just love how we have to wait for a month to get something fixed? no wonder people are angry at the game
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any updates on the invisible bug?  I still see helmets running around.
    I see helmets trying to fix this mess,actually no one is attempting to fix anything it seems.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 said:

PartWelsh wrote:

dont you just love how we have to wait for a month to get something fixed? no wonder people are angry at the game

Funny how the epic skin for CC was fixed immediately though isn't it?

Players don't matter to dice or EA only money matters.
  • ragnarok013
    3439 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    OskooI_007 said:

PartWelsh wrote:

Fixing a known currency purchase option error is much easier than finding out the reason texture streaming isn't working properly.
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    how can anyone defend this MUCK
  • elliott316

bless you for defending this crud
    ragnarok013 said:
    OskooI_007 said:

PartWelsh wrote:

Fixing a known currency purchase option error is much easier than finding out the reason texture streaming isn't working properly.

• otiscamps
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice couldnt fix a burned out light bulb. Biggest ripoff of a community in gaming history . AAA developer my aching ****
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hey peeps... dont get mad at the dev... they just put the game out there... Blame yourself for picking up the game... And apparantly still be playing it... Even though you apparantly dont like it....

• ragnarok013
    3439 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    how can anyone defend this MUCK
    elliott316 I'm not defending anything, I'm simply explaining why DICE was able to quickly fix the currency error that allowed people to unintentionally purchase epic cosmetics with CC when they couldn't fix the invisible soldier bug as quickly.
  • otiscamps
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hey peeps... dont get mad at the dev... they just put the game out there... Blame yourself for picking up the game... And apparantly still be playing it... Even though you apparantly dont like it....

Hey peep , suck up much?
  • ElliotLH
    8665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    otiscamps wrote: »
    dA_9_eL_81 said:

Hey peep , suck up much?

99.99% sure they were being sarcastic.
  • elliott316
    Still no fix in sight then,just like the people i am trying to shoot
  • mollyfrank1
    hopefully I can get the invisible upgrade soon.  seen the invisible tank yet?
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     I think that sometimes, the half invisible soldiers are actually easier to see than the prone campers in the game.  :D
  • ElliotLH
    8665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     I think that sometimes, the half invisible soldiers are actually easier to see than the prone campers in the game.  :D
    Agreed, something about their oddness makes them stand out quite often. Makes you paranoid on Devastation though. Those papers blowing about quite often look like the invisible player outline and I kept shooting at them yesterday just to be safe 🤣
  • Cr4zyR3dFr0g
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    have had quite a few games now where i can see part of a helmet, part of an arm and part of a leg running around but everything else about them is invisible. i thought it was cheaters but i guess not... i agree with others they are easier to see than campers.... put my god does it make me twitch at everything that moves now... even debris gets shot at
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Agreed, something about their oddness makes them stand out quite often. Makes you paranoid on Devastation though. Those papers blowing about quite often look like the invisible player outline and I kept shooting at them yesterday just to be safe 🤣
    Yeah. But, waht about the prone, camping, invisible solider. Not quite as easy.
  • ElliotLH
    edited July 21
    ElliotLH said:

HUMANFRAIL7Y said:

Yeah. But, waht about the prone, camping, invisible solider. Not quite as easy.

Well a prone camper would most likely kill me anyway, invisible bug or not, due to the general poor visibility in this game.