Weekly Debrief

No Rush and No Frontlines....WTH?

DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So, when i start playing BFV i was shocked to see that Rush was missing, i played this mode since Bad Company 2 and ONLY this mode, with a lot of friends and i never had any issue to find full servers. Anyway, beeing a BF fan i started playing Frontlines, i don t love this mode but it was nearly the only choice if i wanted 32 players servers and some similarity with Rush and they removed it.... So i stopped playing.

Why on earth would someone decide to remove these two game modes?

Comments

• Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The same reason they destroyed TDM by making mini maps....nobody really knows.
  • StupidNameHere
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably a vain effort to drain players into Firestorm. 
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Didn't think about that one.... If it s the reason, they can go in hell!
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I would think it more likely that dice is trying to force players together to hide the dwindling player base. I only bought bfv because rush was promised 2 weeks after launch. It was pushed back and back and back when it came it was OK. Still more fun than the other modes but it didn't last 2 weeks before being changed to yet another 64 player frag fest and I stopped playing bfv that day.
  • Falco_0211
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think the reason is stated above - dwindling player base, but the conspiracy theorist in me is coming out.

Not sure about Rush, but frontlines was also a game mode that got a lot of points for the time invested.

With the chapter level XP amounts being increased, they removed frontlines and instead introduced boins and the ability to use boins to skip chapter levels.  Pretty slick way of squeezing some more money out of the players.

• DALLAS-ak-PEIPER

I would think it more likely that dice is trying to force players together to hide the dwindling player base. I only bought bfv because rush was promised 2 weeks after launch. It was pushed back and back and back when it came it was OK. Still more fun than the other modes but it didn't last 2 weeks before being changed to yet another 64 player frag fest and I stopped playing bfv that day.

Same for me... Even if rush was only 3 maps (which is crazy) it was cool to play! So much idiotic ideas for this game that it is becoming unreal.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO the other game modes went missing to try to get people to play firestorm because they invested so much into it. FS is an abomination in this franchise... never even logged into a round. In every other BF I played either CQ or Rush... not it's just CQ and the servers are already thinning. No real RSP.. no player or fan base to keep us around. they shot themselves in the foot so may times they ditched the crutches and went to a wheelchair. 
  • Noodlesocks
    2873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game used to have Frontlines but people were earning too many points in the long games so they removed it.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I only bought bfv because rush was promised 2 weeks after launch. 
    So you bought the game for a time limited game mode ? 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 14
    barnesalmighty2 said:

StupidNameHere wrote: »

I only bought bfv because rush was promised 2 weeks after launch. 

So you bought the game for a time limited game mode ? 

No before launch they said rush was to be added shortly after launch, no mention of limited time mode or a 4 month wait before it was added.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because fun isn't allowed in BFV.
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is rush.dice is just **** and dont care about bf roots. FUBAR
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    robmcewen said:
    Because fun isn't allowed in BFV.

Indeed...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think RUSH returns on July 18?  Limited time only though.  I think this coming Thursday's new TOW.  Also end of summer RSP will let ya pick rush for a mode if you want it.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    I actually kinda agree with. I find breakthrough and rush existing separate to be highly redundant. Granted I don't advocate for removal of rush just for it to be added into rotation with breakthrough together. 

Same goes for domination, it's just tdm with faster rounds due to having flag ticket bleed. Shouldn't be removed but should be in the playlist with TDM. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well end of summer the rent a server program lets you pick any game modes you want.  Even the limited time modes.
  • ElliotLH
    8367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually kinda agree with. I find breakthrough and rush existing separate to be highly redundant. Granted I don't advocate for removal of rush just for it to be added into rotation with breakthrough together. 

Same goes for domination, it's just tdm with faster rounds due to having flag ticket bleed. Shouldn't be removed but should be in the playlist with TDM. 
    In my mind Breakthrough is closer to BF1 Operations than Rush, and Rush is closer to Frontlines.