Weekly BF

E.A gives FiFA unlimited resources while battlefield can’t get enough frostbite guys to fix Bfv

duttyranksnz
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
it’s beyond a joke and obvious what has happened to dice , it’s main value was the frostbite engine and the devs who built and programmed it , now they have been taken over to fifa while Bfv and Anthem are broken because they cannot get the staff needed to finish the games or fix bugs , it’s 8 months on and it’s still in a beta condition and E.A couldn’t care less until the next game and a bump in earnings projections,Bf and dice as we knew it is gone and this is the new normal 

Comments

• bunningsSnagz
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    It's called free market economics my friend. Why would EA pump money into BFV when FIFA makes EA over a billion dollars a year? i doubt BFV has even seen a return on the development cost. (I mean it probably has but you know being dramatic)
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's called free market economics my friend. Why would EA pump money into BFV when FIFA makes EA over a billion dollars a year? i doubt BFV has even seen a return on the development cost. (I mean it probably has but you know being dramatic)

This. Fifa is one of EA’s biggest cash cows. By contrast, BFV “failed to meet expectations”. I get the impression that BFV is a write off in EA’s eyes.
  • duttyranksnz
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah they don’t care about battlefield and I can’t see things ever improving while dice has to compete with fifa for resources 
  • ElliotLH
    8537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately football > Battlefield when it comes to moolah.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And even still, FIFA has horrible robotic player animations and gameplay. Sound familiar? Frostbite 3. 
  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fifa brings in more cash plain and simple
  • ProAssassin2003
    3439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will keep saying it. I truly think this might be the last Battlefield. EA has done worse.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You serious mate. Have you actually played FIFA recently?  The last 3 or 4 versions are basically the same but with updated squads and kits and different colour menus.  Look beyond the shiny exterior and the game is basically the same year on year with a few tweaked gameplay values here and there but very little actual new content. You go on any FIFA forum and all you get is complaints about EA not updating FIFA and the fact that FIFA games from the 90s had more in depth features than the current crop.  Yes, EA spend a lot of effort (not necessarily money mind you) on FUT as that is it's cash cow, but very little on the core single player game.  The difference with FIFA compared to BF is FIFA has no real competition in the football game market due to all the licensing. 
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The difference with FIFA compared to BF is FIFA has no real competition in the football game market due to all the licensing. 

Well actually they have a competition in the football game market, PES, which happens to be a lot better game than FIFA, almost in every aspect. Things that FIFA does better are just some of the visuals and overall presentation. That's how EA does things, buy the licenses or the studios, so they can get maximum profits with minimal effort. If any. 

Luckily Konami might just be a bit too big company for EA to devour. I bet they would love to.

• zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's because €£ gets that a lot of screaming kids play on console, so they can easily be manipulated to charge $$$ off mommy & daddy's card.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FIFA is where the whales are....
  • ElliotLH
    8537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    That's because €£ gets that a lot of screaming kids play on console, so they can easily be manipulated to charge $$$ off mommy & daddy's card.
    Or fully grown men with circa £12,880 to burn: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-23-fifa-player-uses-gdpr-to-find-out-everything-ea-has-on-him-realises-hes-spent-over-usd10-000-in-two-years-on-ultimate-team
  • zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @ElliotLH 12k, what!? I'm flabbergasted. :o
  • ElliotLH
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    @ElliotLH 12k, what!? I'm flabbergasted. :o

Me as well. I couldn't comprehend spending that much on a game.