Instant deaths

MrCamp121
469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else getting one framed constantly? Im on xbox and my god its brutal for me. Cant even react. Feels absolutely worse than BF5 rn

Comments

• ScottysDemise
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably getting snipped. Most snipers have an effective range that is a one hit kill to the upper torso 
  • MrCamp121
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    .....Im well aware of the mechanic after 1300hrs played between pc and xbox and im not talking sweetspot weapons. Im talking 1 frame deaths from MGs, fedorovs etc
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    Which platform was having problems for you, region, mode?  Is your connection a bit naff etc?

Personally I played PS4, EU, Conquest with a ~20 ping yesterday and had no problems whatsoever.
  • MrCamp121
    Xbox..US.E servers with a latency of 42 usually. my connection is OK, not amazing but never had this problem until the past few days....mind you people are complaining of lots of latency variation icons, packet loss icons etc in battlefield this week so perhaps thats affecting things? I dont always have them but every once in a while they do pop up esp when there are several high latencies in the servers.

Normally my reaction times are very quick but jesus im dead before i can even turn lol
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    Xbox..US.E servers with a latency of 42 usually. my connection is OK, not amazing but never had this problem until the past few days....mind you people are complaining of lots of latency variation icons, packet loss icons etc in battlefield this week so perhaps thats affecting things? I dont always have them but every once in a while they do pop up esp when there are several high latencies in the servers.

Normally my reaction times are very quick but jesus im dead before i can even turn lol

Ah okay. My experiences aren’t going to count for much given the different regions and platforms. I have found there to be a bit more latency variation and packet loss since I’ve gone back to BF1 from BFV, but it hasn’t really made all that much difference overall. Sometimes the hit detection is spot on. Other times it’s a bit wonky. And with the Inevitable increase of high pingers as player numbers dwindle, it’s bound to have a few more wobbly moments. I’ve taken to sticking to high ROF guns to mitigate the impact. Does anyone know if they moved the location of the BF1 servers too?
  • RRedux
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If there are lots of people with high ping on the server (which is the situation lately) then the server "network interpolation" or whatever they call that broken system these days drops a big load of doodoo in its server pants, and "predicts" your position wrongly to compensate for the high pingers.

In effect, the reason you get 1-shot by weapons that aren't 1 shot weapons, is because the server predicted your position for the enemy player, who saw you, started shooting, and when YOU get in line of sight he has already been shooting you for a while, hence the "1-shot" magic.

This issue has been in the battlefield games since they came up with it for battlefield 3, and it has never, EVER worked properly. In bf3 and 4 rented server admins solved the issue by auto-kicking anyone with a ping higher than 100, but if you set a ping limit on bf1 servers, they get excluded from a whole bunch of server listings, so no server renters in bf1 could use that setting if they wanted players on their server.
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    honestly pings over 90 should be kicked, and the server prediction should be scaled back. tighten things way up. People complain in CS:GO when the wireframe is not exactly on the target in 128 tick servers. 60 seems like a joke by comparison. EA hosted servers suck so bad too, so there is that problem being added to the mix. No 3rd party so it can't be fixed on the back end.
  • disposalist
    8479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm. Even on US E servers at 100+ ping I don't get one-framed.  Not like on BF5.  Honestly, I find the netcode on BF1 to be awesome.

Not just saying that I promise.
  • MrCamp121
    I dont even get 1 framed in 5 much. Bf1 was bad for a week but seems to have calmed down the past couple days