Since BFV is beyond broken, can we get some BF1 content?

SlugSniper
1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Still here. Still desiring more. Still think BF1 is a far better game. DICE really needs to get some fan retention going. We'd still love to see Japan and the Caucasus.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    622 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 10
    As mentioned above all the BF1 subsections except for General Discussion were removed and merged here. It's been over a year since the last monthly update as well.

The future, assuming there is any, is not looking too bright for BF1. That's not to say BFV is all sunshine and roses (far FAR from it actually) but they're constantly trying to funnel any and all remaining BF1 players to BFV. 

edit: clarity
  • BigF33t_13
    6653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As mentioned above all the BF1 subsections except for General Discussion were removed and merged here. It's been over a year since the last monthly update as well.

The future, assuming there is any, is not looking too bright for BF1. That's not to say BFV is all sunshine and roses (far FAR from it actually) but they're constantly trying to funnel any and all remaining BF1 players to BFV. 

Yeah, I'm sure that's their motive. I won't move over to BFV unless the give it away, which I doubt they will. At least until the play count drops to nothing. I've spent enough on the franchise, and it's just not the same battlefield. I tried to like it during the beta, but the game play didn't do it for me. That and the fact that there is zero control over cheating. 
  • SlugSniper
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even the more popular Battlefield YouTubers are calling out BFV for its unplayable state. It's like I'm watching EA/DICE implode... No wonder smaller gaming companies are suddenly taking the spotlight. '83, anybody?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2016 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Titan_Awaken said:

Will refuse to get funneled.
    Stay strong boys.

Sir, yes sir!
  • -Antares65z
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would have gladly paid $25 for 6 - 8 more maps and some updates to fix some issues. I might have also chucked in another $10 if they had turned the Custom servers back on in the browser with default filters and updated Fairfight.
  • bfloo11111111111
    209 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Even the more popular Battlefield YouTubers are calling out BFV for its unplayable state. It's like I'm watching EA/DICE implode... No wonder smaller gaming companies are suddenly taking the spotlight. '83, anybody?
    We can only hope the smaller co's keep pushing better game play.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    As much as I would love to see more content there is no way in hell that I would want the developers from BFV touching BF1. They would [mess] it up beyond recognition.

[Do not post profanity : This includes replacing a letter or two in order to circumvent the filter - Use clean alternatives in future] ~Tags
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I would love to see more content there is no way in hell that I would want the developers from BFV touching BF1. They would [mess] it up beyond recognition.

[Do not post profanity : This includes replacing a letter or two in order to circumvent the filter - Use clean alternatives in future] ~Tags
    Agreed. I don't understand how they could move from BF1 and produce something like BF5. They must have actually *tried* to make things worse.

They could have just added WW2 themed DLC to BF1 and it would have been better.  Much better.

Though I would pay to have more content for BF1 I don't have any confidence or even hope at this point that DICE would make a good job of it.
  • RossP317
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be happy with new assignments even. Won't happen though.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Agreed. I don't understand how they could move from BF1 and produce something like BF5. They must have actually *tried* to make things worse.

They could have just added WW2 themed DLC to BF1 and it would have been better.  Much better.

Though I would pay to have more content for BF1 I don't have any confidence or even hope at this point that DICE would make a good job of it.
    This is all I wanted them to do. Take the entire core of BF1 and just reskin it with a WW2 theme and WW2 maps. Not sure why DICE wants to reinvent the wheel with every game? COD doesn't and they seem to be doing O.K.
  • Ronin9572
    818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    disposalist said:

MogwaiWarrior said:

This is all I wanted them to do. Take the entire core of BF1 and just reskin it with a WW2 theme and WW2 maps. Not sure why DICE wants to reinvent the wheel with every game? COD doesn't and they seem to be doing O.K.

I would have been happy with that! It's this philosophy that they have to change everything every new game. Totally backfired for BFV
  • BaronVonGoon
    6665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did you want to break BF1 ? Then don't ask them to introduce patches to it.
  • SQHDP
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 is already dead in Southamerica, I wish custom servers were cheaper, we also can't play nothing but weekly rotation, making it boring af. Only conquest and same basic maps