Weekly BF

Should I buy Battlefield V?

SQHDP
46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 17
I play in Southamerica on PS4. Servers here always sucked and can barely play Battlefield 1 now.
I'm a Battlefield series fan (BFBC2, BF3, BF4, BFH and BF1) Since BF1 is dying, I was thinking about buying BFV with the veteran's discount.
I know the game isn't at it's best but I hope it gets better with the time. Is it worth the money or should I wait for more content/fixes?
Thank you.

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3438 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I should wait a couple of weeks and see what the next patches and updates will bring.

Right now, it is one big frustration more than half of the time.
  • Zviko0
    1665 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is fine on PS4. Anything under 30$ is worth it.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just talked a friend into buying it for XBOX1.  Its on sale now for XBOX1.  Even with lousy servers.  They will have free RSP end of summer.  Also you could create one and label it South America to have your own region server.
  • DogRoyal
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. If you get it on discount its worth it.
  • SQHDP
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's at 36USD buying from BF1. I'l what I do thanks guys
  • SQHDP
    So... I bought it, good game, but TTK is horrifying, plus some control bugs. If they fix that could be a good base game to start adding content, but it's a bit late tho
  • Enzo8399
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why do people just buy it and not like it after? Why not try the EA Access ... Try for 1 month, it's around 3.99€ and you can try BF5 and if you don't like it, you juste cancel the subscription... 
  • Draxonfly
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, buy it.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »

Idk about that there's a ton of much better and much higher quality games on PS4 for that price.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SQHDP wrote: »
    So... I bought it, good game, but TTK is horrifying, plus some control bugs. If they fix that could be a good base game to start adding content, but it's a bit late tho

Yeeeah...idk why you wouldn't have rented it first I know this thread is a tad old now though. And they're definitely not going to do anything about the ttk which is also something I don't like in BFV.
  • Zviko0
    1665 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Idk about that there's a ton of much better and much higher quality games on PS4 for that price.
    That wasn't his question though. 
  • disposalist
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BF1 is better, so no.  BF5 is a frustrasting mess.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its your money, but my honest opinion dont waste your money on it. PM me and i can give you access to play this game (at some point next week due to my account being banned for my undying "love" for arabs).
  • TropicPoison
    (Quote)

Your answer was just your opinion though, I would say this game might be worth it if it was $10-15 dollars that's my opinion, but to say it's worth it at $30 I have to disagree.

Doesn't matter anyways since they already got the game.
  • disposalist
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I got it for free. Don't play it. Why would I when BF1 is better?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its worth it.  I bought it for $30 back in April.  Also new patch tomorrow which lets us go to rank 500 and two tiny new maps.  Also later this month RSP servers will be free.
    Also maybe Al Sundan conquest be ready in the 4.5 patch as well.  Then October Operation Underground meat grindermap like Metro/locker.  So free servers and more tickets and Metro.  I see BF3,BF4,BF1,Hardline player counts dropping.  Besides traitors buying the new COD will dwindle all battlefields for maybe the first couple weeks till people find out COD is the same old COD other then new engine.
      I bet 50vs50 will be crashing first week of release.  Servers down.  People bickering and back to BF5 in no time.  Even if you didn't buy BF5.  Then what you buying?  Any old battlefield is a hit or a miss for populated servers depending what game modes and time played.
    Hardline just about dead for conquest.  BF3/BF4 suppression fire turned me off.  I hated BF1 and only played that mess for 60 hours total.  Bad Company 2 is the best but last gen console and hit or a miss when to find fully populated servers.
  • Zviko0
    (Quote)

Your answer was just your opinion though, I would say this game might be worth it if it was $10-15 dollars that's my opinion, but to say it's worth it at $30 I have to disagree.

Doesn't matter anyways since they already got the game.
    Of course it was my opinion. Every answer to op's question can only be an opinion.
  • CSO7777
    1273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV has some pretty frustrating issues, bad visibility, bad sound, one-frame deaths, stutters etc.

There are 2 kinds of persons, people that can deal with it (and still have fun) and people that cannot, whether you will like it is hard to say.

For me I have gotten to a point where I get disgusted by the game (issues/bugs) and probably have to take a break. I have still played the game for a lot of hours, so I've gotten my moneys worth, you can say.

And don't expect anything like BF1, the game is very different. I personally like BFV's core game-mechanics more (lower TTK, no 3D-spot etc), but BF1 was polished at launch and very "immersive", BFV is still very rough after almost 10 months and has almost zero immersion.

I would say 36$ are too much.

You have one advantage, that you haven't been let down by Dice for the last 10 months playing BFV, and perhaps things will get better from now on (hopefully or Dice will loose their last credibility).
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lmao at all those saying buy it!!! By far the worst battlefield ever made.