Weekly Debrief

Rush in 2 days according to ToW

2»

Comments

• JamieCurnock
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JamieCurnock said:

barnesalmighty2 wrote: »

ElliotLH wrote: »
    For your sake, and others who enjoy Rush, I hope it's not either.

I've been forcing myself to play this past week to brush up for rush if they take it away again I don't think I'll ever come back to bfv.

Such a vital part of battlefield for me no other mode has that level of fun as much as I try to find it.

To be honest if they took away breakthrough I would stop playing too. If the one mode you enjoy isn't in the game why would you play it?

I wish they would stop with this removing of modes. It sucks.

DICE are just trying to cut down on costs id say. saving money where ever they can so big daddy EA don't burn their studio to the ground.

I think it’s also about healthier server population. All the modes fragment the community.

When people say “I’m not going to play if they remove my mode” I figure most of them actually still play and go to other modes.

I would think DICE gave the data that shows this.

It is about healthier server population, you're right. The issue from a gamers perspective is if you buy a game for a particular feature and that feature is then removed then you no longer have what you paid for.

I see what your saying about people moving game modes and this may be true, I can only speak for me and say if breakthrough was removed I literally wouldn't play the game. I hate conquest and the other game modes get removed and added so I wouldn't check in every day to see if they had re-added the game mode I like, I would just call it a day on bfv. I imagine that is the same for anyone who is really passionate about a particular game mode and not just dropping in for a casual game.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush will be a limited time only.  At least until RSP begins end of summer.
  • ChickenTheTank
    335 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 17
    Haven't tried rush in BFV yet but I don't know if it even works due to map design. Within 2 minutes every structure in a sector is blown and you're left with pronefield and bushwookies.

Support +fortifications = happy flags

Would prefer playing first person shooter rather than pseudo mine craft.

So don't build every single fortification. Spend 10 seconds building yourself 1-2 sandbags in front of you, and I guarantee you'll live longer on flags.
  • VincentNZ
    2917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't tried rush in BFV yet but I don't know if it even works due to map design. Within 2 minutes every structure in a sector is blown and you're left with pronefield and bushwookies.

So don't build every single fortification. Spend 10 seconds building yourself 1-2 sandbags in front of you, and I guarantee you'll live longer on flags.

Yeah, and the next time you attack the flag again the enemy will sit in the cover you built. The fortification mechanic is so flawed it is depressing. I'd much rather have meaningful cover all over the map, then light cover, maybe, if not a random dude drives over it with his tank.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    302 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Such a vital part of battlefield for me no other mode has that level of fun as much as I try to find it.

That's how I felt about CTF back in the day, but then I got over it.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    better stays...
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 17
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    ChickenTheTank said:

BaronVonGoon wrote: »

ChickenTheTank wrote: »

Yeah, and the next time you attack the flag again the enemy will sit in the cover you built. The fortification mechanic is so flawed it is depressing. I'd much rather have meaningful cover all over the map, then light cover, maybe, if not a random dude drives over it with his tank.

This.

I miss playing on maps that have real cover. Actual structures that can't be completely levelled:

Instead we're stuck with all these maps that look exactly the same just a little different geometry and different colour with some little destructible shacks here and there.

BFV and alot of BF1 maps even look cheaply made when compared to BF3/4 maps.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Damavand peak what a rush map that was. So many good times.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Damavand peak what a rush map that was. So many good times.

Epic map.
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ChickenTheTank said:

This.

I miss playing on maps that have real cover. Actual structures that can't be completely levelled:

Instead we're stuck with all these maps that look exactly the same just a little different geometry and different colour with some little destructible shacks here and there.

I’m gonna call BS on @VincentNZ and @BaronVonGoon as the original comment from baron was about rush and you are not going to have the fortifications used against you as rush is almost entirely one way traffic.

I’d also say that a good player will be selective about what they build on other modes but that’s not really relevant to @ChickenTheTank comment.
  • ChickenTheTank
    335 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ChickenTheTank said:

This.

I’m gonna call BS on @VincentNZ and @BaronVonGoon as the original comment from baron was about rush and you are not going to have the fortifications used against you as rush is almost entirely one way traffic.

I’d also say that a good player will be selective about what they build on other modes but that’s not really relevant to @ChickenTheTank comment.

@BaronVonGoon also
    Yea, I normally build fortifications on my team's side of an objective, and leave the enemies barren and open. Not every single time, but definitely most times. I agree there's definitely strategy to building the right stuff.

Baron, all I'm really saying is don't dedicate a ton of time to building unless it's during a 'setup' timer like between breakthrough. Selectively building can give you a monstrous advantage, and doesn't take super long though.
  • TFBisquit
    1638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush devastation has fortifications that keeps you out of many entrances.
    But in most modes building sandbags is a repetitive task.
  • VincentNZ
    2917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ChickenTheTank said:

This.

Oh yeah, forgot that the thread is about Rush. Then, usually fortifications will not be used against you unless they are perpendicular to the objective/frontline, as a means to prevent flanking.
    Still the point stands, instead of that gimmicky sandbag mechanic that might or might not be build, depending on luck or dedication of team members. I'd much rather have a consistent game experience when it comes to map design and lanes, so I can anticipate threats and act accordingly, instead of having to react all the time.