New headset.

Nutcrusherr
196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 18
So i bought the logitech g933 artemis spectrum headset. It is awesome!
Here comes the but:
I found a setting for it in battlefield 1. Truly amazing and immersive experience. I can hear someone reloading their gun from 30 meters or so.. :D
In battlefield 5 however tho i can hear the surroundings footsteps and everything it sounds like as if its coming from a bottle if you know what i mean.
Of course 3d sound on in the settings. The headset is the same dts 7.1 as it was in bf1 so nothing changed on that part.
Should i use different sound preset in bf 5 sound option? I thought the 3d should be the best considering its not a tesco headphone. Any advice?

Comments

• iamwiener
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You probably don't want to hear that you get the best sound (including positional 3d)  when using a decent pair of audio (stereo) headset instead XD

"3D headphone" setting in BF5 is made for those stereo headsets. You should try "headphones" and disable any sound settings done by your logitech software.
  • Nutcrusherr
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener wrote: »
    You probably don't want to hear that you get the best sound (including positional 3d)  when using a decent pair of audio (stereo) headset instead XD
    "3D headphone" setting in BF5 is made for those stereo headsets. You should try "headphones" and disable any sound settings done by your logitech software.

Thanks, will try that.

Theres nothing wrong with the logitech sounds settings tho. In bf1 its so damn good that i couldnt believe it... :smiley:
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    audio is fubar in this game
    EA won some price for the audio in BFV tho, go figure
  • Nutcrusherr
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »
    audio is fubar in this gameEA won some price for the audio in BFV tho, go figure

I always learn new words here. Fubar :D
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I use corsair void pro, and I also have it set to 3d headphones. 
    I have FPS sound enhancement in Corsair application and have 7+1 turned on.
    I am happy with the quality of the sound, but I don't hear footsteps or anything. The whole direcitonal audio is a mess.
  • Nutcrusherr
    I am happy with the quality of the sound, but I don't hear footsteps or anything. The whole direcitonal audio is a mess.

Yeah i was happy til i heared bf1. So much better there.
    Nevermind, just woke up so i'll dig into it and try every setting.
    I also turned fps sound preset on but i find cinematic gaming a bit better. Dts on of course.
  • CSO7777
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I also turned fps sound preset on but i find cinematic gaming a bit better. Dts on of course.
    I have tried any combination possible of external DAC's, internal soundcard, stereo with any setting, Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos with any setting.

The game has a big problem with sound. All types of sounds that are missing sometimes (footsteps, gunfire, explosions, vehicles, rockets etc). Footsteps are perhaps the most frustrating issue, getting killed by silent players feels so cheesy.

But the sound quality and directionality of audio with Dolby Atmos, surround setting and either "Speakers" or "Headphones" is fantastic.

I now use mostly war-tapes with surround, works best (but not good sounding).
  • Nutcrusherr
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Nutcrusherr said:

Lahoo_Eckbert wrote: »

I have tried any combination possible of external DAC's, internal soundcard, stereo with any setting, Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos with any setting.

The game has a big problem with sound. All types of sounds that are missing sometimes (footsteps, gunfire, explosions, vehicles, rockets etc). Footsteps are perhaps the most frustrating issue, getting killed by silent players feels so cheesy.

But the sound quality and directionality of audio with Dolby Atmos, surround setting and either "Speakers" or "Headphones" is fantastic.

I now use mostly war-tapes with surround, works best (but not good sounding).

Thanks for the reply.
    I found simple headphones mode with logitech software dts on, with cinematic gaming setting.
    Can hear everything and its now doesnt sound like its coming from a bottle.
    Bf 1 still sounds better tho in many ways.
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game sounds certainly need improvement.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The audio in BF1, music, game sounds etc were excellent. The music in particular especially the Russian DLC was some of the most evocative music I've heard in a game.

It's a real step down in BFV which really is a shame.
  • CSO7777
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    The audio in BF1, music, game sounds etc were excellent. The music in particular especially the Russian DLC was some of the most evocative music I've heard in a game.

It's a real step down in BFV which really is a shame.
    It's really strange, BF1 had good audio (except for vehicles, they were also too low sounding sometimes), why they messed it up in BFV is really astounding.

The music is one thing (I agree BF1 was better), but the missing footsteps etc is really annoying and one of the games biggest issues for me.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was a better game period. 
    I'm pretty sure there are some mechanics and gameplay aspects BFV brought to the table that are better, but overall, as a game BF1 had much better immersion, both visually and auditory.