Weekly BF

More terrible choices from dice.

barnesalmighty2
1555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Once again dice have proven how inept they truly are with the changes to rush. So the two big ones are reduced map size to prevent flanking and the very, absolute worst no more attack and defend each map.

The attack then defend was what made rush so brilliant and for no good reason you have taken it away. Why? No one ever complained about this aspect of the mode.

Not at all impressed with these changes. The only thing you needed to do was push attacker spawns back slightly and up the ticket count a bit.

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    I'll still play the mode but your choices have taken away some of the best parts of it.

Also you need to update your pre round text to remove using objectives to call in powerful artillery strikes as you have removed it from the mode.
  • barnesalmighty2
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Sry , but Rush  had it´s peak in BC2 , then it went just down hill.But on the other hand the maps was made specifically for Rush in BC2, then they decided to make maps that should be Jack of all trades for x quantity of game modes.

That's true BF3 and 4 rush was great too though. It would have been good in 1 if it wasn't for artillery.
    But for dice to cut a fundimental part of the mode without even mentioning it in their post on rush changes is insane.
  • StingX71
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess I disagree with both of you. They're closer to what  Rush in BFBC2 was like.  More focused which I like.  Objectives could be further apart, we're stepping over each other at times. Also, each side should have a go at attacking/defending on a given map. 

Can use tweaks on setting bomb time and tickets, bombs set kinda of fast. And the artillery spam can get out of hand. 

Overall, find it much better than Rush in BF4, 1, and earlier version in V.   Need more maps asap though. 

• barnesalmighty2
    Map size is irrelevant when they have cut the experience as a whole in half.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant top Bad Company 2 rush cause them maps were made for the mode specifically.  Not just cookie cutter rehashes.  Also rush is a better fit for modern warfare.  Shenanigans all the way.  Rush for BF3/BF4 were okay.  But suppression made them games a bit dull for my liking.  Its a shame we cant have a map editor kinda like FAR CRY series for Battlefield.  I'd be making maps all the time.  But DICE said a map editor wont happen.
  • VincentNZ
    3173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played a round of Twisted Steel. Round starts, I am running 10m, squadmate just 5m ahead gets immediately hit by PAK 40. Okay, so I am moving to the far right side to attack. Running slightly uphill in a hiphigh trench, that is my cover. MMG starts shooting from an elevated position.. Alright so I throw smokes, the moment I step out the smoke, still in the trench I am greeted by two guys just waiting there. I advance from the far left sight, where the only cover is again hip-high elevation.
    Every attack is simply through a Wasteland where you are exposing yourself to such wide angles that you can not really flank. And once you get to the objective where the only cover really is, the Defenders are running through that Wasteland. This is such obviously flawed design.
    Next sector is just again two spawn Wastelands and cover on the objective. But thank god, they added a 20m of hedge that will cover your legs. Also attrition is also so intensly awful, since it only  affects Attackers. As a recon you trying to get the advance alive by shooting flares stops after 30s since you would have to run back to a resupply station.
    Then they shortended and narrowed the already crowded maps so that everyone piles in onto the objective area, while everything outside is just without cover. Flanking is key to this mode and they make it harder.
    I can not at all see how they took any inspiration from BF3. Rush is simply a waste of resources right now, especially since we have Breakthrough and periodically also Frontlines to fill the niche.
  • barnesalmighty2
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I played a round of Twisted Steel. Round starts, I am running 10m, squadmate just 5m ahead gets immediately hit by PAK 40. Okay, so I am moving to the far right side to attack. Running slightly uphill in a hiphigh trench, that is my cover. MMG starts shooting from an elevated position.. Alright so I throw smokes, the moment I step out the smoke, still in the trench I am greeted by two guys just waiting there. I advance from the far left sight, where the only cover is again hip-high elevation.
    Every attack is simply through a Wasteland where you are exposing yourself to such wide angles that you can not really flank. And once you get to the objective where the only cover really is, the Defenders are running through that Wasteland. This is such obviously flawed design.Next sector is just again two spawn Wastelands and cover on the objective. But thank god, they added a 20m of hedge that will cover your legs. Also attrition is also so intensly awful, since it only  affects Attackers. As a recon you trying to get the advance alive by shooting flares stops after 30s since you would have to run back to a resupply station.Then they shortended and narrowed the already crowded maps so that everyone piles in onto the objective area, while everything outside is just without cover. Flanking is key to this mode and they make it harder.I can not at all see how they took any inspiration from BF3. Rush is simply a waste of resources right now, especially since we have Breakthrough and periodically also Frontlines to fill the niche.

That pak position is terrible, game started I spawned by pak got on shot to the right of farm 4 kills shot again 4 kills shot again 2 kills. Safe spawns is not one of dices strong points.

Again though removing the 2 games per map cycle rush ALWAYS had takes so much away. Starting to sound like a broken record.
  • utopiate07
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rush died after BF3 and Battlefield in general died after BF4
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, Rush was my favorite mode in the past and the only thing I was looking forward to playing again.  Sounds like I'll be staying away from BFV for the 3rd straight week now with no real date in mind to pick it back up.

Looks like I'm just a forum rat now...so sad.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Looks like I'm just a forum rat now...so sad.

You have to pay rent. I'm running the forum rat lodge.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    utopiate07 wrote: »

How you figure when BF1 sold more than both of them? Do you mean you stopped enjoying them?

Now if you said BF died after BFV then maybe but still they can recover if the next game is good which I think it will be personally.
  • bunningsSnagz
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yea having no attack and defend on the same map is so stupid, I really don't get why they took that out, it just makes the games feel so short. 

I've lost most confidence in DICE to do anything right at the moment, id be more than happy to be wrong though.
  • CaptHotah
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played rush just to do the tides of war. Never again...
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol. Except BF1 is better than BF4, so...
    "That's just like, your opinion, man" -The Dude

• ElliotLH
    8537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It does feel weird that you can't call in artillery any more. I get that it wasn't exactly effective in the last iteration of Rush but it still feels odd.
  • barnesalmighty2
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    It does feel weird that you can't call in artillery any more. I get that it wasn't exactly effective in the last iteration of Rush but it still feels odd.

The artillery in V was fine as it was, pretty much useless unlike the game breaking spam in BF1.
    I'm still angry with the removal of attack then defend aspect of rush.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

The artillery in V was fine as it was, pretty much useless unlike the game breaking spam in BF1.
    I'm still angry with the removal of attack then defend aspect of rush.
    This was probably an unintended thing, knowing what we do about the slap dash nature of BFV developement