MMG optics rebalance

M_Rat13
804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just thinking about MMGs, and I realized something. The biggest problem you see is corner camping, but that's partly because you have terrible optic options, so can only see targets at close range. The solution, 3x scopes with glint. It allows MMGs to be useful outside of corner camping, but also makes them vulnerable in their new role, so players can still combat them. Thoughts?

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It will be a no from me. I think they’d become mire annoying. Even with the glint.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Terrible idea.

Please elaborate. Your current answer adds nothing to the discussion.
  • NLBartmaN
    3046 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MMG's are already useless and maybe 1% of my deaths, no need to change them.

Removing the 3x scope without glint from LMG's and Assault class, raising the TTK, removing ADAD spam would be a better solution, they are the ones causing the camping ... not the MMG's

And next to that also removing TAA and use a better AA system, no more shooting when on your back and a better spot mechanic, so prone players are better visible.

Basically bring back BF1 (but then MMG's without suppression and a little nerf to spotting)
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What @NLBartmaN said... minus the adad change. 😬

The on back bipoding has got to be penalised.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    barnesalmighty2 said:
    Terrible idea.

Please elaborate. Your current answer adds nothing to the discussion.

It is a terrible idea though.
  • DingoKillr
    3471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sights and scopes need adjusting like zoom.

But a x3 scope with the MMG breaks the role they play a short-medium range weapon. LMG are meant to be medium-long range. 

Maybe the MMG overheat or the standing hipfire spread needs to be looked at.

• ElliotLH
    7784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think this would backfire. Lots of the MMGs are rapid and accurate in single shot mode so a 3x scope wouldn't encourage people to not camp. 
  • Jezzzeh
    751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wish people would stop trying to gimp the MMG class. It's already an incredibly maligned class and it doesn't need further handicaps