Battlefield V Chapter 5: Datamined

GRAW2ROBZ
1283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 18
temporyal‏ @temporyal 2h2 hours ago

A list of all datamined U.S. and Japanese vehicles for the pacific theatre in #BattlefieldV. Keep in mind that "LVT" and "Ka-Mi" are amphibious tanks. "Dodge Scout Car" (probably from the WC series), "MTB T1" and "Dinghy" are a bit vague and could end up looking different.

We got boats!

Comments

• Tullzter
    1074 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i want a fully functioning game before also pretty sad to see there are no destroyers or submarines (yet)
  • johnkapa1
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This confirmed by dice or dm? 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More things to not work properly then.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They mention in this video that a possible beach front raid.  Old video and they mentioned the data mined stuff.  But who knows if anything makes it to the game.  But with USA and Japan due eventually before all said and done.  I'm sure we will get some kinda Saving private Ryan cruising in a bunch of Higgins boats and getting mowed down before we get to the beach.  Also they suggest Wake Island map which many of us here suggested me as well.

• VincentNZ
    2590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, Airborne showed how fun and immersive modes are that are based around an imbalance. I can not think of one way to make a mode like that fun for the attackers.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    VincentNZ said:
    Yeah, Airborne showed how fun and immersive modes are that are based around an imbalance. I can not think of one way to make a mode like that fun for the attackers.
    Maybe some kinda smoke launcher on the Higgins boats to make enough to run to certain spots then have to blow up the barb wire with them baranol explosive like on Private Ryan. Not sure if baranol was the proper name?  It was a bunch of aluminum tubes connected together then they shoved it into the barb wire area.   Then storm the castle with flame throwers.  Maybe could call in paradrop vehicles as well be cool.  Drop in a Sherman with like 18,000 squad points?  Way that one video suggested was some kinda operations that be more then one map or days or whatever.
  • VincentNZ
    2590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Maybe some kinda smoke launcher on the Higgins boats to make enough to run to certain spots then have to blow up the barb wire with them baranol explosive like on Private Ryan. Not sure if baranol was the proper name?  It was a bunch of aluminum tubes connected together then they shoved it into the barb wire area.   Then storm the castle with flame throwers.  Maybe could call in paradrop vehicles as well be cool.  Drop in a Sherman with like 18,000 squad points?  Way that one video suggested was some kinda operations that be more then one map or days or whatever.

I am just not a fan of these horde modes. It is just not fun when teams start on a different difficulty level. Oh people say they want that iconic scene from Private Ryan, but that only means they want to mow down guys from the bunkers up top. Landings are horrible military maneuvers, and sure you could smoke the whole beach, but this breaks the whole point of the mode again.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:

I am just not a fan of these horde modes. It is just not fun when teams start on a different difficulty level. Oh people say they want that iconic scene from Private Ryan, but that only means they want to mow down guys from the bunkers up top. Landings are horrible military maneuvers, and sure you could smoke the whole beach, but this breaks the whole point of the mode again.
    Well depends how the map or the mode is done.  If its a narrow area with no flanking attacking could be dead in the water before ya hit the beach head with the Higgins.  But if its like all 32 players are on a aircraft carrier.  The fly boys go picking their planes while rest of use climbing down the crisscross rope ladder down to the Higgins.  It could be fun if you get to maneuver where ya wanna take your boat like 1943 Wake Island. 
    But they need a ton of Higgins.  I don't wanna see one blueberry drop the boat into the water and peel off.  Then rest of us are swimming or waiting for the next boat or plane to spawn in.  That video mentions the attackers have to build fortification as well.  Then build flag caps or that radio tower mode.  Then next day have to take out objectives.  If done right it could be cool.  But could easy be a skipped game mode which becomes removed and wasted man hours creating.
  • ElliotLH
    7795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ooooooooo. Looking forwards to the Corsair and the aquatic vehicles. 
  • Elephante33
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if this is properly executed, you can be sure that the amount of disgruntled fans will drop enormously. People will start recommending this game to their friends again
  • bunningsSnagz
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    i want a fully functioning game before also pretty sad to see there are no destroyers or submarines (yet)
    Dude all the naval assault maps in BF1 were the worst, id be happy not to see naval combat stuff but back in BFV beyond PT boats and stuff.
    But yes having an actual working game before chapter 5 lands would be great.
  • ChickenTheTank
    168 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    VincentNZ said:

GRAW2ROBZ said:

VincentNZ said:

Well depends how the map or the mode is done.  If its a narrow area with no flanking attacking could be dead in the water before ya hit the beach head with the Higgins.  But if its like all 32 players are on a aircraft carrier.  The fly boys go picking their planes while rest of use climbing down the crisscross rope ladder down to the Higgins.  It could be fun if you get to maneuver where ya wanna take your boat like 1943 Wake Island. 
    But they need a ton of Higgins.  I don't wanna see one blueberry drop the boat into the water and peel off.  Then rest of us are swimming or waiting for the next boat or plane to spawn in.  That video mentions the attackers have to build fortification as well.  Then build flag caps or that radio tower mode.  Then next day have to take out objectives.  If done right it could be cool.  But could easy be a skipped game mode which becomes removed and wasted man hours creating.

Also depends on if we have to land vehicles, or spawn on the beach 'during a landing'
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

Don’t get me wrong. Airborne is ball bags. It’s funny how you say attacking sucks. I can’t stand defending. In any mode. I’ll almost leave if I’m defending for too long. It’s my ADD.
  • VincentNZ
    VincentNZ wrote: »

Don’t get me wrong. Airborne is ball bags. It’s funny how you say attacking sucks. I can’t stand defending. In any mode. I’ll almost leave if I’m defending for too long. It’s my ADD.

Yeah I see your point. I don't like defending on those modes either. But I see the appeal to start in a favourable position as you undoubtedly do in Airborne and pick guys off the parachute. Beach landings sound exactly the same. And generally people do not like that, people did not even like Conquest Assault on Hamada, since on half the occassions you will be attacking.
    We can also see on Rush now how unrewarding attacking is, even in a trademark mode. You need the map design to be on point, which is a ridiculous notion, when the maps are designed for Conquest and are then shoehorned into other modes.
    And if the map design does not work 100% you really need a team to still advance hard and put bodies on the objective. Otherwise the whole mode turns stale, as right now in Rush. On sub-par maps you need dedicated and motivated players for that mode. Which is hard to be right now when you play Rush only for ToW and the general motivation for this game is also rather low.
  • DogRoyal
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 29

Finally a car for the allies in stead of that carrier [Removed - CM]   

Need more maps!

Post edited by EA_Joz on