DICE... stop forcing me to play modes i dont like to unlock stuff

Comments

  • jasteers580
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I happen to enjoy this otherwise I wouldn't try out other modes sep for my "two" go to modes... Plus it only takes maybe an hour or 2 to unlock the weeks Unlock.

    Lastly there are normally only one or two challenges that are tied directly to a game mode. Most can be achieved playing any mode.

    *Disclaimer* this is only my 2 cents :)
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But rush is good, mate.
    A great gamemode, but horribly designed maps for it.
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ure right. Managed to unlock it with the upper branch playing conquest apart the first and the last one
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want my participation trophy for being FORCED to read threads like this, and bait threads as well, which account for 115% of this forum (factual data). DICE, make it happen!!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!!
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    I want my participation trophy for being FORCED to read threads like this, and bait threads as well, which account for 115% of this forum (factual data). DICE, make it happen!!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!!


    It is ironic to talk about baiting threads while posting a baiting comment
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    The_BERG_366 said:

    LEGATVS_ROMANVS said:
    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.
    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  

    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush

    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:


    Unlocks in an FPS are a terrible idea. Shill more tho.

    why is that? lots of people like to grind things in video games (fps are no exception). the unlock is needed to give the people the insentive for the grind in the first place despite it not necessarily being the main goal. it often seems to be the case that people like to work towards something and that process is what's most fun after all. unlocks are a great way to offer opportunities for thst. now I'm not saying that battlefield does a particularly great job with challenges and unlock assignments. however I do support the existence of unlockables.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone close this topic it is offensive with the swearing in the title.
  • Sharkbite9204
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    I want my participation trophy for being FORCED to read threads like this, and bait threads as well, which account for 115% of this forum (factual data). DICE, make it happen!!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!!

    Do you have any other retort besides talking about participation trophies? Almost every time I see you comment on these threads, it's the same comment...

    "Wahhhh. Participation trophy. Wahhhhh"

    I get that you're trying to imply that the BF players who make these threads are entitled whiners who expect instant gratification from their games.

    But it's not really getting your point across. It's just obnoxious. Almost as much as these cry-threads that you seem to dislike so much.
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    The_BERG_366 said:

    LEGATVS_ROMANVS said:
    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.
    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  

    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush

    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:


    Unlocks in an FPS are a terrible idea. Shill more tho.

    why is that? lots of people like to grind things in video games (fps are no exception). the unlock is needed to give the people the insentive for the grind in the first place despite it not necessarily being the main goal. it often seems to be the case that people like to work towards something and that process is what's most fun after all. unlocks are a great way to offer opportunities for thst. now I'm not saying that battlefield does a particularly great job with challenges and unlock assignments. however I do support the existence of unlockables.
    However to do it right, the unlockables need to be part of an intrinsic game experience and not highly disruptive tasks like 10 headshots in a life on people in objectives.
    It it was something like lifetime headshots it would naturally happen by playing your weapons of choice etc
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone just called Rush a non-BF mode.

    Correct. Designed on, by and for consoles.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a useless skin. Just saying.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've fixed the title and removed the C word from posts and quotes.

    Let's keep this constructive otherwise it shall be closed
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The_BERG_366 said:

    LEGATVS_ROMANVS said:
    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.
    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  

    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush

    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:


    Rather than forcing a more accurate way to put it is strongly compelling. It does not make it any nicer
    Why not left everyone get all the game content by playing the way they prefer instead of shoehorning them to game modes and distracting specific tasks?

    cause you can't design interesting and challenging assignments in a way that everyone can play the way he always does. how do you design an interesting assignment that can be completed by a guy who exclusively flies planes in conquest, a guy that exclusively plays mmg's in attack/defense gamemodes
    and a guy that only likes to play cqb infantry only gamemodes using the medic class.
    to clarify: im not saying the assignments are perfectly designed... I think there would for sure be ways to make them less annoying for some. however I strongly disagree with the mindset that every piece of content just has to be accessible to everyone immediately, as in it being some sort of right of the player.

    I think it does make it nicer cause you actually have a choice. "forcing" would imply that you would absolutelty have to do something to get a reward. now of course in this case you can only access the reward later if you chose to not do the challenges, so in that sense it is forced. however you can still get it a bit later so you are only influenced by this for a very short time. I think that does make it nicer...
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The_BERG_366 said:


    SirTerrible wrote: »
    The_BERG_366 said:



    LEGATVS_ROMANVS said:

    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.

    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  



    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush



    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:





    Unlocks in an FPS are a terrible idea. Shill more tho.



    why is that? lots of people like to grind things in video games (fps are no exception). the unlock is needed to give the people the insentive for the grind in the first place despite it not necessarily being the main goal. it often seems to be the case that people like to work towards something and that process is what's most fun after all. unlocks are a great way to offer opportunities for thst. now I'm not saying that battlefield does a particularly great job with challenges and unlock assignments. however I do support the existence of unlockables.

    However to do it right, the unlockables need to be part of an intrinsic game experience and not highly disruptive tasks like 10 headshots in a life on people in objectives.
    It it was something like lifetime headshots it would naturally happen by playing your weapons of choice etc

    I would generally agree but I do think that "highly disruptive tasks" can be legitimate to unlock certain things that are independent of the gameplay expericne. things like character cards, emblems, dogtags and stuff like that. something that shows that you went out of your way to complete said challenge. but in that case the whole point of the challenge is the challenge itself. so the reward of the challenge is its completition, or a little item that just shows that the owner completed said challenge, but has no other purpose (like getting a repairtool headshot kill in bfbc2 :joy:)
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The_BERG_366 said:

    LEGATVS_ROMANVS said:
    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.
    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  

    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush

    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:


    Rather than forcing a more accurate way to put it is strongly compelling. It does not make it any nicer
    Why not left everyone get all the game content by playing the way they prefer instead of shoehorning them to game modes and distracting specific tasks?

    cause you can't design interesting and challenging assignments in a way that everyone can play the way he always does. how do you design an interesting assignment that can be completed by a guy who exclusively flies planes in conquest, a guy that exclusively plays mmg's in attack/defense gamemodes
    and a guy that only likes to play cqb infantry only gamemodes using the medic class.
    to clarify: im not saying the assignments are perfectly designed... I think there would for sure be ways to make them less annoying for some. however I strongly disagree with the mindset that every piece of content just has to be accessible to everyone immediately, as in it being some sort of right of the player.

    I think it does make it nicer cause you actually have a choice. "forcing" would imply that you would absolutelty have to do something to get a reward. now of course in this case you can only access the reward later if you chose to not do the challenges, so in that sense it is forced. however you can still get it a bit later so you are only influenced by this for a very short time. I think that does make it nicer...
    It should be noted that one can afford to skip a lot fewer ToW  weekly tasks in chapters 3 and 4 since they now want to make those who fall behind to pay with BFC to catch up.
    It is a huge fomo exploitation sceme now that will be worse than even with people missing for vacations.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, already was afraid of that.
    They need money to stay afloat.
    I do like the tow challenges except for the firestorm parts. However, to play just that you won't miss that next unlock is counter productive imo.
    We used to grind for that next rank, now we're grinding for the next skin we probably never use. Or a weapon that's fun for a week, then gets forgotten.
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The_BERG_366 said:


    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The_BERG_366 said:



    LEGATVS_ROMANVS said:

    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.

    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  



    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush



    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:





    Rather than forcing a more accurate way to put it is strongly compelling. It does not make it any nicer

    Why not left everyone get all the game content by playing the way they prefer instead of shoehorning them to game modes and distracting specific tasks?





    cause you can't design interesting and challenging assignments in a way that everyone can play the way he always does. how do you design an interesting assignment that can be completed by a guy who exclusively flies planes in conquest, a guy that exclusively plays mmg's in attack/defense gamemodes

    and a guy that only likes to play cqb infantry only gamemodes using the medic class.

    to clarify: im not saying the assignments are perfectly designed... I think there would for sure be ways to make them less annoying for some. however I strongly disagree with the mindset that every piece of content just has to be accessible to everyone immediately, as in it being some sort of right of the player.



    I think it does make it nicer cause you actually have a choice. "forcing" would imply that you would absolutelty have to do something to get a reward. now of course in this case you can only access the reward later if you chose to not do the challenges, so in that sense it is forced. however you can still get it a bit later so you are only influenced by this for a very short time. I think that does make it nicer...

    It should be noted that one can afford to skip a lot fewer ToW  weekly tasks in chapters 3 and 4 since they now want to make those who fall behind to pay with BFC to catch up.
    It is a huge fomo exploitation sceme now that will be worse than even with people missing for vacations.

    what? I could buy the stuff I missed in chapter 3 with cc. is that no longer possible now? O.o
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The_BERG_366 said:

    LEGATVS_ROMANVS said:
    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.
    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  

    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush

    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:


    Unlocks in an FPS are a terrible idea. Shill more tho.

    why is that? lots of people like to grind things in video games (fps are no exception). the unlock is needed to give the people the insentive for the grind in the first place despite it not necessarily being the main goal. it often seems to be the case that people like to work towards something and that process is what's most fun after all. unlocks are a great way to offer opportunities for thst. now I'm not saying that battlefield does a particularly great job with challenges and unlock assignments. however I do support the existence of unlockables.
    I could've worded it differently. I think there's no doubt that the carrot on a stick method of giving players something to work towards activates something in the brains of players and keeps them coming back. There are people that would actually quit playing if they had nothing to work towards and grind out. That's completely alien to me, as it's the standard gameplay alone that I play for, but I acknowledge that I'm potentially in the minority. Heck I don't even activate assignments, couldn't care less about skins or anything of the sort.
    .
    So they are probably a good idea for making money, but they are detrimental to my fun in a shooter since I get zero enjoyment out of unlocking things and would have far more fun just having access to everything at once. Nothing more fun than seeing people use guns you don't have because you can't be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to grind the unlock. That they influence player behavior and potentially degrade the quality of matches is another negative but that's harder to quantify.
    *prays the forum doesn't eat this post*
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    I want my participation trophy for being FORCED to read threads like this, and bait threads as well, which account for 115% of this forum (factual data). DICE, make it happen!!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!!

    Do you have any other retort besides talking about participation trophies? Almost every time I see you comment on these threads, it's the same comment...

    "Wahhhh. Participation trophy. Wahhhhh"

    I get that you're trying to imply that the BF players who make these threads are entitled whiners who expect instant gratification from their games.

    But it's not really getting your point across. It's just obnoxious. Almost as much as these cry-threads that you seem to dislike so much.

    Perhaps read my other posts, and you'll see that this is more the exception than the norm. And my point is to be obnoxious, I'm not the turn the other cheek type of person.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Im tired of this crap. Im tired to be forced to play cancer modes like rush, free the antenna, team death match and all the other temporary garbage stuff just to unlock a skin.
    No wonder rush had no players. That mode is a hot pile of rotten garbage. Played few rounds of that and i was almost vomiting. A sea of MG42s and other MGs camping near the objectives. Spawn dead spawn dead spawn dead. Some dudes were even camping out of bounds. In my last rush, 16 enemies 16 campers. Without mentioning the endless range of Assault weapons, laser killing me from 800m away without recoil or spread. WOW Dice congratulations! You created a monster. Where people camping with broken weapons are always rewarded.  

    Back to the Tides of War... I want to be able to unlock stuff playing the modes i like. Not being forced to play crap like this one rush
    nobody is forcing you to play anything. if you don't wanna play rush then don't play it.
    this mindset of feeling entitled to get anything however you want is so arrogant and pathetic. its not even like you need to play any gamemode or do any challenge to get new weapons. if you don't like the tides of war assignments connected to a new gun then just buy it with company coins 2 weeks or so later. all games have such challenges nowadays but only the bf players are constantly crying about it because they just want to do whatever they want and get everything. a challenge? no problem but only if everyone can do it playing however they want :joy:
    Rather than forcing a more accurate way to put it is strongly compelling. It does not make it any nicer
    Why not left everyone get all the game content by playing the way they prefer instead of shoehorning them to game modes and distracting specific tasks?

    Unfortunately it seems like this carrot on a stick thing that's been going on in shooters since CoD4 is here to stay. A large amount of people need something to work towards to stay engaged. Having fun simply by playing the game however you want isn't enough for some people (perhaps even most people).
Sign In or Register to comment.