Weekly Debrief

Rush 2.0

BaronVonGoon
6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Any good?

Or is it the same open environments/prone meta death traps?

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On twisted Steel it plays exactly the same as before. Cover is only existant on the objective so you are running through wasteland regardless of being defender or attacker. They made the map smaller, but kept the player count, which makes the round a cluster on the objective area.
    I have not played the other two maps, could play differently, although I do not see how the game experience could be changed siginificantly.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i think it plays just as badly as it did the first time around. its just as forgettable as before and it even feels worse but that could be due to the worse overall performance since it was first introduced

• kill_yor_idols
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It isnt for me.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any good?

Or is it the same open environments/prone meta death traps?

The last five games every single death bar 1 or 2 was to someone lying prone with an MMG. Its horrendous right now.
  • scottith
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush is sht. I remember the good old days where I would play it exclusively and they are long gone.

I think poor map layout and the balancing issues destroys it. Shame
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good enough for me. I'll keep it out of my server browser filter.

I think take any of us 5 in this thread and give us the tools we'd improve the maps.

It's possible they have map designers who don't play BFV or shooter games at all. How is this crap making it into a AAA game I'll never understand.

I think you're right about the designers not playing the game it's fairly evident now.
  • ChickenTheTank
    335 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    The player movement speed in BF5 is too fast for rush as its currently laid out. I played 4 rounds this morning, and every single one of them the defending team lost by a landslide. Just medic trains covering the points in smoke and sprinting in.

4/4 sectors taken every single game. Wasn't really even fun the 1 round out of 4 I got to be attacker, because the defenders got overrun instantly and easily every sector.
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush is so poorly done in this game - the halycon days of BF3 rush and BC2 rush are long gone. It is barely conceivable that the same studio are behind both. The level designers would do well to go back and discover what makes a great rush map.

Generic and forgettable. Whereas have you forgotten Davamand Peak, Valparaiso or Arica Harbor? No thought not.

Yep, and one of the devs even had the nerve to compare it to BF3. 🙄
  • VincentNZ
    2906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 said:
    Rush is so poorly done in this game - the halycon days of BF3 rush and BC2 rush are long gone. It is barely conceivable that the same studio are behind both. The level designers would do well to go back and discover what makes a great rush map.

Generic and forgettable. Whereas have you forgotten Davamand Peak, Valparaiso or Arica Harbor? No thought not.

Yep, and one of the devs even had the nerve to compare it to BF3. 🙄

That is not quite correct. If you mean this quote:
    "On top of that, one of the most common points of feedback that we heard was ‘just make it like it was in Battlefield 3’. So we’ve had another look at the numbers, metrics and setups of BF3, and incorporated them into Battlefield V’s version of Rush."
    This was written by PartWelsh, who is the community manager and has as much to do with the development of this game, as we. This is a advertising text and should be seen as such, very open to interpretation. What they took from BF3 apart from the arming times is unknown.
    Also there is no direct comparison drawn, it is merely implied that they looked at BF3 rush data and draw conclusions from that, which they then implemented to an extent into BFV's version of Rush.
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not convinced about the size or the design, but honestly, my biggest problem is the players. Maybe 10% of the lobby is interested, the rest are either there in the hope of easy camping kills, sniping defenders or getting a carry through the weekly assignments. 
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I probably can't evaluate Rush as well as some of it's fans in this thread, because, in my opinion ... I've never liked Rush.

It was garbage in Bad Company 1 (and it being the only game mode in BC1 for quite a while is one of the main reasons I found BC1 to be the worst BF game ever). It was garbage in BC2. It was garbage in BF3. It was garbage in BF4. It was garbage in BF1. It seems to be, you guessed it, garbage in BFV. It's always been a garbage game mode in my eyes.

I didn't notice any 'improvements' in the new form of Rush anyways. I slogged through this game mode to complete this week's TOW, and I'll never touch it again, just as I did with every single BF game that has this mode.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just jumped out into an out of bounds area chasing a player on devastation (church via big window.... Dice being morons gave 4s out of bound time so died without a chance getting back
  • Alice2voltS
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i always enjoyed rush, but this is utter rubbish. i'l be leaving this well alone once i unlock the skin
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    I'm literally going to complete the tow assignment and play something else. There is no hope for this game. Dice **** up again and change the game mode for the worse

On top of that I'm playing with dumb snowflakes that won't give orders or if they do they are the wrong ones so I'm stuck at the 3nd assignment with 70k requisition points (can't even complete 5 defuse or attack)
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s just highlighted the real lack of verticality or creative map design for me.

It feels like DICE have totally lost site of what people love. I’d prefer metro to this.
  • badlywrittenbook
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I finished the TOW and I'm glad I'll never have to play this mode again
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too many cheaters in this mode.