is battlefield 5 worth buying ?

Comments

• Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 

Well it's having many bugs and issues with each "patch"or "update". So unless you want to deal with these go ahead and burn that hard earned cash or spend it on a game that works right off the bat. 

• Pelliy
    2226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 20
    warslag said:
    The fact you can't discuss the impact a certain aspect of PC gaming has on Battlefield makes this thread completely pointless now.

BFV on console is worth $5 to $15 max.

BFV on PC is not worth buying. I can't say why I think that because you're not allowed to talk about it.
    $15 dollars is appropiate. As I mentioned before, I never bought this game. I was gifted it the first time and another time, I won it on a twitch stream giveway and ending up giving the code to a friend. 

It's not worth it, but if someone is looking to buy it and doesn't care about the plenthora of issues, amazon (US) has it on sale for $30 dollars digital code for PC. I believe the lowest I saw this game was at 23 dollars. 

For Console, its 24 dollars (ps4) and 23 dollars for xbox
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also keep in mind that while previous Battlefield titles improved over time, BFV seems to be going in the opposite direction, e.g. the network performance has actually deteriorated and it wasn't great to start with.  New content continues to arrive in a slow trickle, the latest map can't even be used for all modes because it's so bugged it will crash.  Ugly cosmetics continue to find their way into the game despite ongoing pleas since launch for authentic-looking uniforms rather than Halloween costumes.  If you play on PC, brace yourself, the cheating can be astonishing, and it takes forever for even the most blatant hack users to be banned, and they're back in no time with a replacement (hijacked) account.  Team balance is virtually non-existent, you can see a round start with two dozen players on one side and half a dozen on the other.  Team-stacking by clans is commonplace, sometimes multiple clans working together.  Supposedly rented servers will return, but few details are available and it could be in a few months, or next year, who knows?  Every patch is an adventure, DICE always breaks something for every issue they fix, and some things they claim were fixed are not.

Not the worst game I've ever bought, but in almost every way it has been a serious disappointment compared to the BF games I've played for many years.  That EA won't pay for a serious repair effort and DICE doesn't seem to be able to do anything with the game without causing more damage than they fix does not point to a bright future for BFV.  A lot of former BF fans have walked away from this game, so unless you get it very cheap, you might think about holding off on this one.
  • Pelliy
    2226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also keep in mind that while previous Battlefield titles improved over time, BFV seems to be going in the opposite direction, e.g. the network performance has actually deteriorated and it wasn't great to start with.  New content continues to arrive in a slow trickle, the latest map can't even be used for all modes because it's so bugged it will crash.  Ugly cosmetics continue to find their way into the game despite ongoing pleas since launch for authentic-looking uniforms rather than Halloween costumes.  If you play on PC, brace yourself, the cheating can be astonishing, and it takes forever for even the most blatant hack users to be banned, and they're back in no time with a replacement (hijacked) account.  Team balance is virtually non-existent, you can see a round start with two dozen players on one side and half a dozen on the other.  Team-stacking by clans is commonplace, sometimes multiple clans working together.  Supposedly rented servers will return, but few details are available and it could be in a few months, or next year, who knows?  Every patch is an adventure, DICE always breaks something for every issue they fix, and some things they claim were fixed are not.

Not the worst game I've ever bought, but in almost every way it has been a serious disappointment compared to the BF games I've played for many years.  That EA won't pay for a serious repair effort and DICE doesn't seem to be able to do anything with the game without causing more damage than they fix does not point to a bright future for BFV.  A lot of former BF fans have walked away from this game, so unless you get it very cheap, you might think about holding off on this one.
    It seems like there was a mass exodus of talent from DICE. Also, I remember reading the bioware kotaku article and on how one of the senior frostbite devs that specialized in frost bite engine, left. A long tenured employee left the company. Can't help but to  imagine if that's the case for people inside of dice itself, since frostbite was a dice property that spanned out to the rest of EA. They directed most of the frost bite team to focus on their money-maker fifa.

The quality might not get good for some time. Maybe not even the next battlefield unless they hire people familiar with the engine perhaps? It might take these new employees to get up to speed if there was a mass exodus in question.
  • j79b
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am BF fan butt wait for the new Cod, it's something new! atleast, what i saw in the gameplay trailer... Dice/EA can learn from that...I hope!
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »
    £20 won't even get you a few drinks and a pizza so why is the thought of spending that money on a game that will worst-case last you 50 hours even a question?

Dominoes has offers for under 20 on a meal deal.... Some may have more pleasure form that
  • Hatseflatsh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well after reading some posts from other people and what you just said. It is indeed just the price of a pizza and a drink, maybe with an additional Ben en Jerry's tough :P 

I found myself a cheap offer here https://www.gamescompare.net/battlefield-5-p91857

In my opinion I have been very happy with my first few hours in and if you don't overplay the game this can be fun for quite some time.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well after reading some posts from other people and what you just said. It is indeed just the price of a pizza and a drink, maybe with an additional Ben en Jerry's tough :P 

I found myself a cheap offer here https://www.gamescompare.net/battlefield-5-p91857

In my opinion I have been very happy with my first few hours in and if you don't overplay the game this can be fun for quite some time.
    I can still have fun playing BFV, but there are also moments when I wonder why I bother, i.e. last night when two hack users who have been at it for long enough to have built reputations as game-wreckers spoiled a round with their blatant cheating, even their own team was cursing them out.  Or the broken network performance makes it feel like a coin toss whether you win a gunfight or not.  Or a round starts and you see 25 players on the other team and 6 on your side--not much point in sticking around for that.  Or the nightly clan-stack where one side is half players from the same clan (or two or three smaller clans working together) and you know from experience they will never be balanced to the other side even between rounds so again there is no point in staying to participate in a prolonged pub-stomp.

That's the real tragedy of BFV, there is a good game in there somewhere, but it is buried beneath EA's bad business decisions (like keeping this game on a starvation budget) and Nu-DICE's relative incompetence where they can't seem to fix things like network performance worst than that of BF1 or later BF4.  I've stuck around for some reason, but most of the large group of long-time BF fans I used to play with have wandered away, and I can't blame them, BFV has been a disappointment to the point where I couldn't care less if there is ever a BF6.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn’t play BFV if they gave it away for free. My free time is too valuable to be wasting on 1/2 completed game.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait for the next title or play older battlefields. If you want to play this game wait til it’s price is worthless (under 20 bucks) or the lifecycle is almost finished far as live service is concerned.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 has entertainment value... what it lacks is any chance of building a good base of players that will hang around. 
  • parkingbrake
    V2Face said:
    Wait for the next title or play older battlefields. If you want to play this game wait til it’s price is worthless (under 20 bucks) or the lifecycle is almost finished far as live service is concerned.
    The price is irrelevant to me, sixty bucks is not the difference between being able to put food on the table or not.  Whether or not it's a quality game is the issue for me, and BFV is mediocre at best, disappointing in many ways.  The worst part is it isn't getting better, in some ways it's going downhill.  What a missed opportunity, coming after the wildly successful BF1, a WWII BF game should have been a license to print money.  But EA managed to mess it up.  If I owned stock in EA I would be pushing for a major shakeup at the executive level.
  • -Antares65z
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 20
    No. The game play is trash, it's riddled with cheaters and overall it's a waste of money at it's current price.Wait until it's in the bargin bin, if it's not already there. 
  • TheNoobPolice
    1574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. It's not worth it. In fact, none of them are at the moment.

BF3 / BF4 player count finally dropped off a cliff.
    BF1 absolutely cheat infested, and has a community so casual that they seemingly tolerate them or don't know the difference.
    BF4 awful design, awful execution, also absolutely riddled with cheats right now ( it has been better and worse at different times.)

Just do yourself a favour and use your time on something else, its not even anything to do with the monetary cost of buying it, the real cost of how much of waste of time it is, is far more important.
  • Blastosphere
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game has too many cheaters. So the game is not worth buying.
  • parkingbrake
    V2Face said:
    The price is irrelevant to me, sixty bucks is not the difference between being able to put food on the table or not.  Whether or not it's a quality game is the issue for me, and BFV is mediocre at best, disappointing in many ways.  The worst part is it isn't getting better, in some ways it's going downhill.  What a missed opportunity, coming after the wildly successful BF1, a WWII BF game should have been a license to print money.  But EA managed to mess it up.  If I owned stock in EA I would be pushing for a major shakeup at the executive level.

I know. I was thinking just use the BF1 blueprint, slap a WW2 theme to it and it would be an awesome BF title. Instead DICE had to reinvent the wheel like they do with every new title and it bombed this time, big league.
    That's one of the most baffling things about BFV, why DICE took things which worked in previous titles and threw them out and went with clearly inferior replacements.  Why on earth do we have to leave the server to activate assignments, and then sit in queue to rejoin our friends?  What a breathtakingly stupid piece of design, and BFV is riddled with such bad decisions.  It's like they turned everything over to the interns, or the janitors, and let them decide what to do.  Actually interns and janitors would have done a better job, they probably play video games and it sure doesn't feel like anyone at DICE does.

It's time for the devs at DICE to return to their old jobs at IKEA, there is no way this studio should be allowed to design another Battlefield game.
  • x--VoodooKing--x
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Buy PS4 or XB1 version. Don't ever buy PC version. I regretted buying because of the rampant cheating that EA/Dice allows on the PC version.
  • L3wY_9507
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't buy it.
    Personally, I play video games to escape from the fustration that I'm experiencing in real life, and of course to have fun. But this game doesn't give you any fun, this just gives you an unlimited fustration by the bugs and glitches, and the thing that the developers don't really care about its community, or the game. The only think they really care about is your money. They spend times to create epic and legenady items, that you can buy for real money only. Some players in the community often give feedbacks to the dev team, but in the end, they do the opposite of it (weapon mastery assigments for example).
    So, if you wanna have fun by playing video games, then avoid this mess and spend your hard earned money on other games.
  • -Antares65z
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 21
    No. It's not worth it. In fact, none of them are at the moment.

BF3 / BF4 player count finally dropped off a cliff.
    BF1 absolutely cheat infested, and has a community so casual that they seemingly tolerate them or don't know the difference.
    BF4 awful design, awful execution, also absolutely riddled with cheats right now ( it has been better and worse at different times.)

You couldn't be more spot on. Most of these players in denial don't understand the definition of a 'closet cheater'. They only recognize rage cheaters who post scores like 70-5 playing infantry. The inconspicuous cheaters are the ones who follow the instructions from the cheat provider and run basic cheats like ESP spotter and wallhacks. They don't shoot through walls or smoke and if they do run an aimbot, its a soft aimbot. These types of cheaters represent the majority on any given server and there is a lot more of them than people realize. You'll never detect them in game unless you put your game aside and jump into spectator and watch them and know what you're looking for. They don't post ridiculous scores and aren't always at the top of the leader board.