Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Week #4 - Rush Back

Braddock512
1290 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited July 17

Grab the “Waterproof” skin on the Sten, play some Rush, and rank up your ToW Chapter 4 XP .

Let’s look at the tasks. Remember that the exact mission requirements can be found in game in the Tides of War menu.

WHAT A RUSH - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Play 1 round of Rush.

MEDDLESOME - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Arm or defuse 3 objectives.

TOE THE LINE - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Complete 10 Squad Orders.

FIERY OVERACHIEVERS - 25,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad, destroy 5 objectives.

DOGGED FIREFIGHTERS - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad, defuse 5 objectives.

PULLING STRINGS - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad, spend 70000 requisition points.

ONE AFTER ANOTHER - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Kill 3 enemies in one life without using vehicles.

WORKMAN - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Build 15 fortifications.

SURVIVE! - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Spawn on squadmates or have squadmates spawn on you 10 times.

ALL AT ONCE - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Achieve a triple-kill without using vehicles.

VANDAL - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Deal 2500 damage using the Support class.

ADRENALINE JUNKIE - 25,000 CHAPTER XP
Earn 25000 score in Rush.

– Braddock512

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict now with the Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and PC. Play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it first for 10 hours with EA Access or Origin Access Basic*.

Sign up today to receive the latest Battlefield news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.

Follow Battlefield on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Hop in and join the Battlefield Community on the Battlefield Forums, and discuss with us on Reddit and Discord.

*CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE
ea.com/ea-access/terms AND origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS. © 2019 Electronic Arts Inc.

Comments

• IDazzlerazzle
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Re introducing game mode for a week.... again.... lul
  • johnkapa1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm sorry but these tasks don't match the mediocre reward. 
    seriously lol  Just hate how we are again forced to play a game mode
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't worry about it. The cosmetic is not exciting so just ignore Rush altogether. Also love the end of round screen... shows the Sten cosmetics, states that the end of week reward is the S2-200 MMG. QA nailing it again!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I forgot we get Sten cosmetics this weeks TOW.  Some reason I must of went meh and hit RB button and looked at next week and thought we get another rifle this week.  Now what a let down.
  • ChickenTheTank
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm sorry but these tasks don't match the mediocre reward. 

seriously lol  Just hate how we are again forced to play a game mode

No one's forced to do anything. Buy the gun for cc later if 1 round of rush is too much for you to be bothered with.
  • johnkapa1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they wanna continue with giving gun cosmetics then at least give them like a 5% boost in something like ADS or reloading or movement speed?.. idk something to make them worth grinding for otherwise just put them in the armory. 
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bonus!! Im on my hols on saturday so at least i dont have bother to try cram in enough time today and tomorrow for a weapon skin
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    Bonus!! Im on my hols on saturday so at least i dont have bother to try cram in enough time today and tomorrow for a weapon skin
    Same on holiday from Sunday for 2 weeks, absolutely gutted to miss out on the waterproof Sten skin! /s

Poor reward again, so many possibilities with weapons and they give us a skin. Minimal effort going in to the weekly rewards

Cavalleria headgear the week after followed by a melee dagger
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same on holiday from Sunday for 2 weeks, absolutely gutted to miss out on the waterproof Sten skin! /s

Poor reward again, so many possibilities with weapons and they give us a skin. Minimal effort going in to the weekly rewards

Cavalleria headgear the week after followed by a melee dagger
    They could have given us a skin for something other than the Sten/STG-44/MP40/Bren/SMLE/M30 ... when was the last time we got a skin for the M1A1 Carbine?

Hell, they could have given us the Chauchat. 

DAILY REMINDER THAT DICE STILL HASN'T ADDED THE CHAUCHAT.
  • jroggs
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Three skins in a row is pretty rough. (Yes, the Arditi dagger is just a reskinned knife, let's not pretend otherwise.) I'd love more weapons, vehicles, and gadgets, naturally, but how about some new roles in Tides of War? Anyone remember roles? It's an aspect of the game that was originally supposed to be huge, got scaled back, and it feels like it's been completely forgotten since launch.
  • zenn_nme
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gotta say the Rush gamemode is fun! :) 

Though I've been wondering; why haven't they put the MCom's next to eachother? As it was in BF3/BF4.
    This to disperse the attacking/defending players over the objectives, right now it's fairly easy; either hold the line or outflank them from the back.
  • TKC-Muzzer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ignore this, just fix the game, constantly disconnects, crashing, the unforgivable invisible soldier bug, instant deaths which are farcical, balancing the teams at the start a round properly, non existent suppression, way over priced cosmetics (in a game I have already purchased), the list goes on. 
    I can not understand how you can keep adding and removing games modes, advertising new purchasable cosmetics in the game and yet the game I have already bought does not work properly.
    I tried Rush, i mean 13 v 7 was a great experience. Seriously what is it with starting the round with uneven teams, it makes no sense and ruins the round before its started.
    This stuff is like like promoting new rims for a car when the engine doesn't work.
  • jroggs
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just had a Rush match that started 5 vs 18. Yep. Five vs EIGHTEEN. Will post the clip if requested.

I think the problem is that the matchmaking algorithm cares only about filling squads, with absolutely no deference to overall team parity. It's been a problem in this game since launch and would be very welcome if it could be fixed.
  • ElliotLH
    8399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 22
    jroggs said:
    I just had a Rush match that started 5 vs 18. Yep. Five vs EIGHTEEN. Will post the clip if requested.

I think the problem is that the matchmaking algorithm cares only about filling squads, with absolutely no deference to overall team parity. It's been a problem in this game since launch and would be very welcome if it could be fixed.
    Where you on the stomp side or the stompee one?

P.S. Good to see you here from the GFaqs board :)
  • n1ghtskynet
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE I have an idea for the fortress mode that could improve grand operations what if this mode was on the last map of the grand operation this would be epic
  • ChickenTheTank
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE I have an idea for the fortress mode that could improve grand operations what if this mode was on the last map of the grand operation this would be epic

An idea to improve fortress mode I've had is to remove resupply stations from the defenders. Otherwise it's just recon flare spam all game.
  • jroggs

This is what I was talking about. One game of Rush (which is supposed to be 16v16) starting 5v18 and then another shortly after that can't start because it's 20v1. And when people drop out and rejoin, they keep getting put on the overfilled team.

Balancing is literally nonexistent.

(Howdy, Elliott.)