Weekly BF

Medics OP

SerSkrungus
40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Look a lot of people are not going to like this post but whatever. Medics are way to O.P. their weapons are waaaaay too powerful and accurate to be smg's of the time period and the instant heal up makes them dang near impossible to kill. They run faster and and do more melee damage. Why play as anything else when you can spam medic class. Another thing is I am tired of getting sniped my medics with the m28 trombocino or whatever it's called its totally garbo that I get headshot sniped by a medic from 200 yards away I call horse poo.

Comments

• SerSkrungus
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will die on this hill.

*waves "medics are OP" flag*
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A quick search of the forums for "medics op" brings up only this thread and one other one for Battlefield V.

lol
  • BlazrOne
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh give me a break. Have you played medic lately? I try to medic main for my team buts its frustrating sometimes. Smg’s have been nerfed already as well. But i keep trying.....
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A quick search of the forums for "medics op" brings up only this thread and one other one for Battlefield V.

lol

Went from being under utilise to op.lol

Medic is not op but in the right hands, it's super lethal. I'll say that.

I remember when people were saying it's too weak and I'm like no, it's not. It might be secretly op lol.

I guess the secret is out the bag?

I don't find it op anymore op than say assault or bipods. A lot of the class structuring is annoying though. I hope they do better for the next battlefield.

• VOLBANKER
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. The solution would be to give our OP weapons to the assault class as their weaponry is severely underpowered. Medics would then be given the horribly underpowered assault weapons so that we have to learn how to be a skilled player.
    Haha! :) Best response I've read for quite some time, @SillySinStorm !
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Look a lot of people are not going to like this post but whatever. Medics are way to O.P. their weapons are waaaaay too powerful and accurate to be smg's of the time period and the instant heal up makes them dang near impossible to kill. They run faster and and do more melee damage. Why play as anything else when you can spam medic class. Another thing is I am tired of getting sniped my medics with the m28 trombocino or whatever it's called its totally garbo that I get headshot sniped by a medic from 200 yards away I call horse poo.
    maybe they are using mouse and keyboard, you always have to be this into consideration, before saying something is OP
  • Noodlesocks
    3029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medic is fine but revive chaining is still a bit of a problem with this game, especially when it comes to clan stacks.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone please lock this click-baiting thread?
  • GrizzGolf
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dude no way. 
  • BtheReaper49
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You're either playing a different game than the rest of us or are just being tongue in cheek sarcastic. Either way, no WAY is Medic OP in this game compared with assault or support
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You are insane.  Medic class sucks. Period.  The only time my k/d ratio ever goes down is when I play medic.
  • Hawxxeye
    5914 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 26
    The only way a medic can get close to being OP is if they pick up the weapon of a dead assault which almonst never happens
    Even then they are no threat to vehicles
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree. The solution would be to give our OP weapons to the assault class as their weaponry is severely underpowered. Medics would then be given the horribly underpowered assault weapons so that we have to learn how to be a skilled player.

Can you imagine if dice actually did this ? This forum would become riot ground.
  • Maeotia
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SMGs are, for the most part, generalist weapons. They are decent at close range but can be effective at mid range as well, being both fairly accurate and controllable. The exceptions are the Thompson and Suomi, which can shred at close range but struggle more at mid range. The problem is that they generally get beat at mid range by the typical ARs and SARs that assaults run. 

As far as the carbines, they are useful, but also situational. As Vincent mentions, they are only one shot headshots at close-medium range, and also lack the bullet velocity of most bolt-actions to assist in longer range fights. They are basically a hybrid between a Lee-Enfield and a G43, and worse at both in their respective playstyles.  

Fortunately, the medic can self heal, which makes up for their weapon's shortcomings. This heal is not instant as you suggest, but is a heal over time, allowing the medic to peek, trade a few shots, and return to cover to heal for a bit. If you are struggling against medics in mid range fights, remember that the longer the fight goes on, the more they can use this to their advantage. So, push their position if your weapon is capable. 

The medic traits which allow them to run faster are both situational, and the melee trait of combat medic only improves the melee range, rather than the damage. 

VincentNZ said:
    the combat role no medic should ever run
    I'm interested to know why you think combat medic is not worthwhile. I play it exclusively over field medic and both traits have saved my life countless times. Double tapping an smg and meleeing with a 55 damage melee weapon is quite effective at close range. I play the MP40 though, so it may not be as useful with some of the faster firing SMGs.
  • VincentNZ
    3170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Maeotia Yeah, I might have overexaggerated on that. The Field Medic is more team-oriented, although the squad req bonus is not big. I do think the sprint is more usable though, as you will rarely be on low health for long as medic and not die. Pressing Q on a revivable teammate while advancing though can be more common. The melee bonus is sure nice and could have helped me a few times, in that range though, I would advise using the Suomi or Tommy. Still all SMGs are capable of dispatching two guys at least in that range and the more crucial issue is the time you spent exposed. So yeah, I overestimated the teamplay aspect of the Field medic perk and melee is not really a relevant enough part of my gameplay experience to choose it over the sprint the Field Medic gives.