Ranks the maps best to worst

13»

Comments

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    My list (I only play breakthrough) which has
    1. Arras
    2. Fjel
    3. Devastation
    4. Twisted steel (although bushes of invisibility are rather annoying)
    5. Narvik
    6. Rotterdam (number of camping spots is insane)
    7. Panzersorm (again camperfest)
    8. Hamada (just delete this map)
    Last 2 maps I basically quit.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    1. Devastation
    2. Arras
    3. Twisted Steel
    4. Rotterdam
    5. Aerodrome
    6. Narvik
    7. Panzerstorm
    8. Hamada
    9. Fjell

Based on Conquest and Frontlines

Devastation Conquest is good but Frontlines Devastation can be brilliant. This map has produced some of the most epic battles I've seen in the BF series, including some of the best comebacks, right down to defending the last objective to pushing all the way back for a win.
  • DogRoyal
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

1. Twisted Steel

2. Arras

3. Devestation

4. Panzerstorm

5. Rotterdam

6. Hamada

7. Aerodrome

8. Narvik

9. Fjell

• GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Depends on the gamemode, however Hamada doesn’t work on any mode.
    Did you try Hamada on Squad Conquest? It works well there.
    To be honest, I have not tried squad conquest at all 😂
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    VOLBANKER said:
    About Hamada:

I really disliked it to begin with, but after playing it a couple of times, I found out it's actually a lot of fun.
    I wish you guys who don't like it would give it a chance.
    Every time the map comes up, the server in question pretty much dies.
    It's a shame
    People won't take advice, won't learn how to play a map, they let their initial negative reaction make up their mind for them.  I didn't like Hamada, then I played a few rounds with folks who understood the map, suddenly I enjoyed it.  I'm no eSports star, but I can figure out that if an objective provides the team that holds it an extra aircraft, you should hold that objective and the two nearest it rather than running a marathon over a huge map.

This is a regular theme in the BF community, look at the tankers who won't adapt to how tanks are in BFV and instead cry for buffs--meanwhile siting back and sniping.  Or the snipers--they want it like it was in some previous game or they'll pout and go home.  To me a new game is a chance to figure out a new style of play, new weapons, new tactics, but clearly a lot of players get cranky when asked to do that.  I don't know why they bother to buy new games, they're almost certainly not going to like them.
    To clear this up, not liking the map, has nothing to do, with not being able to play the map well.
    I personally have no problem achieving succes - The map is just boring, that massive canyon in the middle, creates a massive divide, some players stay at A, B, C and D, the rest go to E, F and G. And because of the intense line of sights, and about 70% of the server going recon, venturing out to capture flags on the other side of that canyon as infantry, is at own risk.

In the end, the pacing is just off for me personally.
  • Slidy_Bat5
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narvik is the worst, I will always leave if i get in a server with Narvik. It feels like your playing in a really narrow corridor. The rest of the maps are alright.
  • Mensrea831
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hamada can just go away. All the rest are good enough.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Before this Necro thread gets closed you can partake to a poll by Niklas Astrand one of the map designers:

• TickTack121
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    1. Devastation
    2. Arras
    3. Rotterdam
    4. Narvik
    5. Twisted Steel
    -- The "bad Maps" are starting here
    6. Aerodrome (if it was not for the slow ticket decrease it would be better)
    6. Fjell (only with bad pilots and Team Balance)
    7. Panzerstorm
    8. Mercury
    9. Hamada

Can't rate Al Sundan, because i have never seen it, except in singleplayer-mode. Panzerstorm would be an okay Map if there were more and better transport-vehicles and if the checkpoints would be placed better.

If the teams are very unbalanced almost every map is pure ****, because every time you almost spawn in the middle of nowhere. Also the maps are perfect for base rapes, because usually there is not much usefull cover to get out of the base.

• ragnarok013
    3948 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    thamac15 said:
    Every map is not very good, but Hamada is by far the worst.
    I've never understood the community's hatred of Hamada, I like it but I loath Fjell and Narvik. My favorites are Panzerstorm, Twisted Steel and Arras.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Hamada is good, it's just the objective placement that feels off. Mostly the D objective. I'd push it more towards the bridge, maybe even on it and it would count below as well. Also, G objective should be capturable from air. I think all the maps need 1 such objective.
  • Danny_Chlorum
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Rotterdam
    -
    Operation Underground
    Marita
    Devastation
    Arras
    Hamada
    Narvik
    Panzerstorm
    Aerodrome
    Al Sundan