Weekly Debrief

Bring back 3D spot to fix visibility , camping and invisible soldiers bug

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 29
    3D Spotting is in the game, it didn't go anywhere. While it'll help you to locate enemies far more easier, it won't improve visibility because the game's graphic is garbage by design. Object rendering in BFV is by far the worst ever, things like stationary gun turret just disappear at 52m which didn't happen in previous games.
    Yes, as a pilot I only see sAA as grey stains on the terrain
  • sabootheshaman
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    xKusagamix said:
    3D Spotting is in the game, it didn't go anywhere. While it'll help you to locate enemies far more easier, it won't improve visibility because the game's graphic is garbage by design. Object rendering in BFV is by far the worst ever, things like stationary gun turret just disappear at 52m which didn't happen in previous games.

I can manage to go 10-0 frequently on planes. I consider myself a bad pilot. I know where fixed AA is. I know I can see tanks and even inf moving on the ground depending on my height.

When someone spots though it’s ridiculous. I can dominate. I honestly think currently it’s well balanced for planes.
  • Hawxxeye
    5595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix said:

I can manage to go 10-0 frequently on planes. I consider myself a bad pilot. I know where fixed AA is. I know I can see tanks and even inf moving on the ground depending on my height.

When someone spots though it’s ridiculous. I can dominate. I honestly think currently it’s well balanced for planes.
    I feel that the current visibility from the planes is balanced around the pre-nerf era of the planes at launch without the reload timers and bigger bomb blast/ bullet splash.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no real argument down here ... Try to explain why no 3D spot is good, because it has create a camping meta and you can't see **** on console without it ... The " I'm an Extreme player, i don't like it " is not a real argument so Dice please, bring back 3D spot and release an extreme mode so everybody will be OK 
  • sabootheshaman
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is no real argument down here ... Try to explain why no 3D spot is good, because it has create a camping meta and you can't see **** on console without it ... The " I'm an Extreme player, i don't like it " is not a real argument so Dice please, bring back 3D spot and release an extreme mode so everybody will be OK 

This is the funniest post I’ve read in a while. I don’t like something so it’s not real.

This is the chewbacca defence. So good to see an attempt at using it.
  • NLBartmaN
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What made a HUGE difference for some of my Platoon members is connecting their PS4 to a high end expensive 4K huge monitor and game at a table/desk.

Only then they can actually see something ... their K/D and KPM went up like crazy ...

Which offcourse is insane: to see something in a game on a console you have to connect and use it as a PC ... which just confirms this game (not only visuals, but also sound, movement and netcode) is not even close to optimized for console, just for PC.
  • ragnarok013
    3237 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    THERAMPAGE_ci0hKeep the profanity out of the forums.

This is the funniest post I’ve read in a while. I don’t like something so it’s not real.

This is the chewbacca defence. So good to see an attempt at using it.
    sabootheshamanIt can't be the Chewbacca defense...he didn't mention Endor! lol
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility is fine. Just big maps and tons of players all over.  Hard to have your head on a swivl seeing everything all the time.  I don't want Doritos back in the game.  Especially its WW2.  Isn't like everyone has a radio telling where everyone is and all.  If you wanna see more spots then put down the assault kits for a while and rock the sexy flare gun a few games.
  • sabootheshaman
    I don’t disagree wit @BaronVonGoon sentiment. The game doesn’t seem to of been designed for lower spec consoles.

I play PC with a HDR monitor at 1440 and all is good for me. I’ve seen it on other setups and I can definitely see theirs an issue.
  • xKusagamix
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's real simple, game engines simply don't handle visibility well especially in big game modes with big maps and lots of players. I'm not sure if this is even debatable. I mean we all play the same game, it's clear visibility sucks alot of the time.

This isn't true, Frostbite engine can handle visibility well in big game modes with big maps and a lots of players. The question here is why it's so bad in Battlefield V? Frostbite's Battlefield does have big maps before, this is not a Battlefield game with the "biggest maps ever" but it suck so hard with the new graphical setting that they did with BFV. There're plenty of maps in previous games that're big but have no visibility issue. Aside from the new garbage object rendering in BFV, they kept it simple for previous game's maps to make visibility a lot better. At more than 100m away you can still see an object like a stationary turret gun while in BFV it'll just disappear at 52m away, like why?

• LinkZeppeloyd
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein said:

Zviko0 said:

A_al_K_pacino_A said:

Hawxxeye said:

SirTerrible said:

I don't think adding spotting would be a bad idea or anything but I'm also not convinced it'd really help as much with visibility as some think. People don't spot as often as you'd imagine, and when they do it's typically people that are out in the open and not people trying to remain hidden.

It helps to confirm if what you are seeing is an enemy so you can follow up a shot.

You can do that with the current spotting system. It might not be as easy to do as in BF1 but I don't necessarily think thats a bad thing as the R1(ps4) spamming was a bit silly/

It is not the same cause the marker does not move and it often fails to recognize the target unless you are really on point

Isn't this better though? To me, pressing spotting button in BF1 was like suppression. Suppression rewarded players for bad aiming like spotting button punished players for trying to blend in or get behind the cover. Yes, even behind the cover you got spotted. You still do. Spotting scopes spot behind the cover too.

So how was this better than what we have now? You actually have to see someone now(unless you have a spotting scope), be accurate and you don't have some kind of magic laser that confirms the spot for you if you are not sure.

You surely know how bad a deal this is for planes.More often than not I am missing what made BF3 to BF1 visibility bearable.

AA needs to be more effective if planes are going to be more effective

I have no problems with that, but it needs to be more effective when the plane is relatively close instead of half a map away.

I agree, but thats not possible since the maps are so small. Its almost as if DICE didn’t put any time, effort, passion, or competence into this game.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why Not making a compromise.

If you stand still or laying prone people can Spot you.

Would effect Just campers.
  • SilkWildey
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should've never been taken out of the game, the single biggest contributor in causing this defensive campy style of play.

That took the series from the most successful game in the franchise to one of the worst (if not the worst) in the franchise.

• xKusagamix
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 29
    Should've never been taken out of the game, the single biggest contributor in causing this defensive campy style of play.

That took the series from the most successful game in the franchise to one of the worst (if not the worst) in the franchise.

3D Spotting wasn't a thing before the Frostbite engine, and people still argue that those Refractor Engine's Battlefields were the "true Battlefield". Battlefield didn't start with 3D Spotting or became successful because of it and people didn't play a campy style even without 3D Spotting back then either.

I'm fine with the current state of 3D Spotting, but it has nothing to do with visibility dispite it's outright garbage in BFV, it's because of the graphical setting and map design, not because the lack of 3D Spotting.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

3D Spotting wasn't a thing before the Frostbite engine, and people still argue that those Refractor Engine's Battlefields were the "true Battlefield". Battlefield didn't start with 3D Spotting or became successful because of it and people didn't play a campy style even without 3D Spotting back then either.

true but you could differentiate corpse and prone players way easier in the refractor engine.
    the problem of BFV is the absurd amount of visual clutter. we have complex backgrounds, terrible lighting and unclear player silhouettes.
    BF1 would've worked way better without spotting simply because you could easily tell friend from foe and surrounding.
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please god of bf do not bring back 3d spot what ever you do.
    I like it exactly as it is.
    I can always go back to bf1 if I want an arcade game or bf4.

I totally agree.  Its good the way it is now.
  • xKusagamix
    edited July 29

true but you could differentiate corpse and prone players way easier in the refractor engine.
    the problem of BFV is the absurd amount of visual clutter. we have complex backgrounds, terrible lighting and unclear player silhouettes.
    BF1 would've worked way better without spotting simply because you could easily tell friend from foe and surrounding.
    I edited my post as above. The game failed at visibility because of weird Graphical setting, Object rendering and unnessary complex Map design, some other minor bugs/glitches like the invisible soldier, not because of it lacking 3D Spotting.
  • VOLBANKER
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me, the change DICE did to lighting/shadows/player profile a while back has helped a lot visibility-wise.
    That’s on a 24” 1080p screen.