3800x cpu usage in BF V?

LostMyGolfBall
1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Anyone using this cpu? What is cpu usage like in BF V? Thinking of building another rig with this chip as it has a nice mix of single and multi core performance.

I'm aware the 3700x offers near identical performance for a bit cheaper but the 3800x is 105 tdp so a little bit more headroom and slightly higher clocks as standard.

How is cpu usage in BF V? If anyone using this chip (ideally with 3600Mhz RAM) could leave some feedback.

Thanks.

Comments

• TyroneLoyd
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Using the 3900x with 3600mhz ram if that any consolation. Load is about 50% on a full CQ map(so i assume you may hit about 65 -70 % on a 3800x.  Clocks reach about 4.315 ghz on a few of the cores periodically. My fps never drops below 110 on low coupled with a zotac 1080ti mini. Once you decide on one make sure to update the Chipset drivers because i wasn't even able to get over 100 fps when then weren't updated.
  • LostMyGolfBall
    1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Using the 3900x with 3600mhz ram if that any consolation. Load is about 50% on a full CQ map(so i assume you may hit about 65 -70 % on a 3800x.  Clocks reach about 4.315 ghz on a few of the cores periodically. My fps never drops below 110 on low coupled with a zotac 1080ti mini. Once you decide on one make sure to update the Chipset drivers because i wasn't even able to get over 100 fps when then weren't updated.

3800x looks like a solid performer.
    Was just interested to hear from some real world tests. Looks good though. Think i'll pull the trigger on it.

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The little jump in clockspeed is not worth the 70 dollars, IMO.
  • LostMyGolfBall

Maybe, maybe not. It's early days and I feel the performance gap should widen over time. The 3800x is a better chip in performance terms. Higher clocks and higher PPT. I think the small premium is worth it.

If you are looking for value and efficiency over outright performance than sure.. go 3700x. I will be using the 3800x for more than just gaming. Right now the gap is only a few % between them but it's early days. It's a 105tdp chip against a 65tdp chip. 3800x has a lot more headroom for down the line.

• xKusagamix
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    It'd be around this, maybe a little higher if you have better GPU than mine. Although it's the 2700X in the video, it still 8c/16t Zen.
  • LostMyGolfBall
    It'd be around this, maybe a little higher if you have better GPU than mine. Although it's the 2700X in the video, it still 8c/16t Zen.
    3800X is a different beast altogether vs a 2700X.  3600 might be a better comparison to a 2700X. Even then the 3600 will trump it. 
  • xKusagamix
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    3800X is a different beast altogether vs a 2700X.  3600 might be a better comparison to a 2700X. Even then the 3600 will trump it. 
    The 3600 will ofcourse have better gaming performance than the 2700X, but you asked for how much CPU usage the game will use with an 8c/16t CPU, 3800X will be at this much, there're people with 9900K with a similiar CPU usage. Performance and CPU usage aren't the same thing.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Maybe, maybe not. It's early days and I feel the performance gap should widen over time. The 3800x is a better chip in performance terms. Higher clocks and higher PPT. I think the small premium is worth it.

If you are looking for value and efficiency over outright performance than sure.. go 3700x. I will be using the 3800x for more than just gaming. Right now the gap is only a few % between them but it's early days. It's a 105tdp chip against a 65tdp chip. 3800x has a lot more headroom for down the line.

With 3800x, you probably need a better cooler too. So keep that in mind. If the money gap is not a problem, then I would definitely go with 3900X instead of 3800X. You get so much more, including 70 mb cache.
  • Aditrex
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqSm1oSdgg 

3700x 4.3ghz about 40-70% depends that with 1070 ti pretty much medium-low with 3400mhz ram cl14 costum timings 
  • LostMyGolfBall
    FierceBrosnan007 said:

MOSSAD-RECRUITER wrote: »

With 3800x, you probably need a better cooler too. So keep that in mind. If the money gap is not a problem, then I would definitely go with 3900X instead of 3800X. You get so much more, including 70 mb cache.

Yes I saw that about the cooler, thanks for the heads up. Have a couple spare but will see how the Wraith performs first. Plan on running the cpu at stock. 3900X was above my cpu budget as 3600MHz RAM and a high end gpu had to be factored in too. X570 motherboards are pricey as well but want the pcie 4.0.
  • LostMyGolfBall
    edited August 2019
    Just to update on the cooler.. interestingly the stock one performs fine with stock 3800X. Ran prime95 and temps were stable and well within spec.

Cinebench R20 scored 4988 on stock settings. Excellent all rounder chip for the price.