BFV is what happens when greed comes first.......

TKC-Muzzer
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited July 13
It almost seemed inevitable with EA in control of Dice that the Battlefield franchise would somehow suffer, we all hoped that would not be the case but we are finally there.. Games are an art form, they are a love for people who makes game but BFV feels like its been shoehorned down the alley of 'make as much money as you can' and it's backfired, not only for EA but unfortunately for gamers who are stuck with a mess of a game months after release.
The removal of premium was not a nod to the gamers but a slight twist in which EA and Dice could see a live service running for a couple of years and using cosmetic add ons to boost revenue during that time.
It is this blind focus which crippled the game at launch and continues to do so. Even though the cosmetic nonsense was delayed you can't help feeling that Dice were being pushed to get it up and running and sod all the other issues in the game people had already paid for.
I have a £50 game that has fewer content than previous games, way more bugs, mammoth balance issues, performance issues that seem to get worse with each patch and just to punch when i'm down there, cosmetics that can ONLY be purchased with real money, not through game progress, even though I already have paid for the game.
It disgusts me as a modern gamer that the industry has become this way, chasing the dollar and sacrificing quality along the way. The game industry needs tighter controls to counteract what is becoming a disease in the medium i'm struggling to love anymore.
I am posting this in the Battlefield forums as this is one of my favourite franchises, ruined by short sighted goals, poor planning, poor design and poor leadership from EA, who ultimately control what comes from their franchises. 
I can only hope like many that Dice can not only rescue BFV but can sort themselves out going forward, but I shouldn't have to hope, I have purchased this product and its not finished, nowhere near finished. 
I am writing this after another frustrating session on BFV,  invisible men,  no hit markers, instant deaths, no footsteps, 6 v 14 matches, enemy hit 136 points yet he's still alive, the list goes on, yet I still get a big screen about the latest costume to purchase from the store....that says it all about where this game and Dice is right now..........................the wrong place.

Comments

• idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is what happens when all your talented developers have left.
    they gone to rockstar instead.

• idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While i agree  ea are no saints,i dont get why people seem so adamant to blame all the bfv mess on EA alone. While EA certainly pushes for certain things in-game (mt's) this game was still made and develped by dice and they  are the ones responsible for the quality or lack of quality in-game.

Imo dice dont get a free pass by allowin EA to take all the flack,if anything i say dice are even more responsible than EA for the current state of the game and all controversy surrounding launch.

For example it was dice who claimed the games single player was all about the untold stories of ww2,implying that we would be playing historical based missions of real events. Only for those war stories to be pretty much turned into fiction with fictional characters that felt so out of place as to make the game more like wolfenstein than a traditional bf game.

And to top it off when anyone pointed out how this was silly and didnt make sense in the context of a ww2 game  dice simply hid behind the you must hate women card to deflect any of those valid critics of the game.

The fault is 10% EA 90% dice imo.

As a gamer My advice to dice would be,forget all this looking for social brownie points and shoehorning your personal politics into your game.

Also in the future dont say your making a game set in a particular war and then procede to alter those events to fit your political/social agendas,stay well away from historical based wars if thats what you want to push in your games. You want a wolfenstein type game then dont sell it based on supposed real ww2 historical event.
    yes dice made the game, but then ea changed all the modes and broke stuff, made it way more worse
  • TamKingski
    1740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    55567900 said:
    While i agree  ea are no saints,i dont get why people seem so adamant to blame all the bfv mess on EA alone. While EA certainly pushes for certain things in-game (mt's) this game was still made and develped by dice and they  are the ones responsible for the quality or lack of quality in-game.

Imo dice dont get a free pass by allowin EA to take all the flack,if anything i say dice are even more responsible than EA for the current state of the game and all controversy surrounding launch.

For example it was dice who claimed the games single player was all about the untold stories of ww2,implying that we would be playing historical based missions of real events. Only for those war stories to be pretty much turned into fiction with fictional characters that felt so out of place as to make the game more like wolfenstein than a traditional bf game.

And to top it off when anyone pointed out how this was silly and didnt make sense in the context of a ww2 game  dice simply hid behind the you must hate women card to deflect any of those valid critics of the game.

As a gamer My advice to dice would be,forget all this looking for social brownie points and shoehorning your personal politics into your game.

Also in the future dont say your making a game set in a particular war and then procede to alter those events to fit your political/social agendas,stay well away from historical based wars if thats what you want to push in your games. You want a wolfenstein type game then dont sell it based on supposed real ww2 historical event.
    yes dice made the game, but then ea changed all the modes and broke stuff, made it way more worse
    Ea dont make the game modes and broken patches,this is all dice. Devs like dice have far more freedom than people think in regards to how their game  is developed. Do You really think it was EA that caused or wanted all that controversy on launch which hurt game sales? Again it was all dice.

Im willing to bet the only time EA gets involved is in regards to live service and the MT models in-game.
  • SneakingPillow
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We all know EA is to blame, but I'm starting to feel like DICE is also needing a smack on the head too. 
    They just keep being steam rolled on by EA and they just take it. 
    DICE will die at the hands of EA, and they aren't gonna stop it because they don't want to get rid of their cash cow.
  • TKC-Muzzer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It disgusts me as a modern gamer that the industry has become this way, chasing the dollar and sacrificing quality along the way.
    Well, today is day 236 since release and we have invisible player and half of the hits not registering. In a FPS game. A game where basically the only thing you do is look for enemy and shoot at them.
    Yet soon a nun with a gas mask will be added as elite for german faction and some people are already looking forward to waste money on that skin. A 10$ gift to developers for a skin you can see only in the menu, in a fps with invisibe pc and broken hit registration.

Honestly, how can you blame them? no matter in what state is the game, player keep throwing them money.

If you're looking for the guilty to have turn the industry this way, you (we) need only look into a mirror.
    I have never and will never purchase a skin in a game that cost me full price. Dice are to blame for their part in this mess there is no doubt, from pushing agenda, sending mixed messages, disrespecting the fanbase that got them here but the main agenda comes from the top. To make more money, to fleece the customer, that would come from EA, that is their game model in all current gen games. Dice would have been told no matter what, the game must have purchasable items and these items must make up for there not being a BF Premium. From that moment  the live service becomes how to make more money. The problem is EA and Dice forgot one vital point.....make a decent game that provides content and reward and actually works properly to build from that foundation. 
    If it wasn't bad enough eh prices for the Elites are laughable and are massive smack in the face to the BF long standing fan base.
    Maybe all this is good, this has hit Dice and EA were it hurts, in the wallet. The game has undersold, is in the headlines for all the wrong reasons and players are leaving fast. It's easy to lose customers, it's a damn site harder getting them back.  EA and Dice, you have laid their own bed on this one and it's them that should be looking in the mirror.

• filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »

I agree with the social brownie points, but DICE are Swedish. It's like the most progressive country in Europe so i dont see them laying off the brownie points.
  • zenn_nme
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To me it looks like it's the 'Anthem Failure' all over again...
    "They push, We push We don't push", have the pride to stand-up for your creation!
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    To me it looks like it's the 'Anthem Failure' all over again...
    "They push, We push We don't push", have the pride to stand-up for your creation!

Was just going to mention Anthem. There's plenty of resources online detailing exactly why that game was a massive failure, and you'd be surprised to know EA had very little to do with it, in fact, EA was pretty hands off on the project. Bioware is hold the entire blame.

I'd love to see journalist start digging around the offices at Dice, because thus far, Dice has been doing a good job flying under the radar despite how much of a con-job this game feels. I was one of the dummies who purchased the deluxe edition at launch, and the burn still stings.
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And now the money grab ads for BFV have bled over to BF1.
  • ragnarok013
    3031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    And now the money grab ads for BFV have bled over to BF1.

oldmandown65 This isn't a BF5 specific event, this has happened all the way back at least to when BF4 launched and they were advertising BF4 in BF3's menu screen. It's naturally for a company to advertise a like product to a consumer base that is most likely interested in that game genre.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

DICE is responsible for technical failures, like the poorly designed UI, the bad network performance, the coin-toss hit registration, and of course all those bugs.  But many big issues are on EA, not DICE.  DICE didn't tell EA to have an ineffective anti-cheat on PC, or not to have rented servers, or to change to this farcical Live Service business model.  Even the slow pace of repairs and expansion belongs to EA, they're the ones who set the budget, not DICE.  If as many folks suspect, most of DICE isn't even working on BFV anymore, that's also on EA, they're the ones in charge.

If the food is bad, you rightfully blame the cook.  But if the service is bad and the restaurant is dirty, that's on the owner/manager, not the guy preparing the food.
  • BillBailey0
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 30

Westie and Jackfrags
    Post edited by BillBailey0 on
  • HugoPlayNow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am one of the suckers who paid $80 for the premium game while it was still in Beta.  I still play it for 1/2 hour, kick it to the curb and go back to BF1.  I don't understand how they were just not able to use the BF1 engine and make WW2 maps, soldiers and weapons?!?  It would have been a slam dunk!

Tomorrow I will do the 4.12 update and cross my fingers.  I am still holding out hope BFV will be the game I hoped it would be.  Especially since the new CoD WW2 game was so awful I sold it the next day after buying it.

IMO the Battlefield series is the best FPS out there, so DICE has a high standard to hold.  CoD used to be the best back in the day, with CoD2 being the ultimate of perfection.  Especially with Capture the Flag, which nobody makes anymore....I guess out of pure laziness.

Meanwhile I have to stick with BFV, especially since their initial release was a non-returnable digital download.
  • idk1233211
    I am one of the suckers who paid $80 for the premium game while it was still in Beta.  I still play it for 1/2 hour, kick it to the curb and go back to BF1.  I don't understand how they were just not able to use the BF1 engine and make WW2 maps, soldiers and weapons?!?  It would have been a slam dunk!

Tomorrow I will do the 4.12 update and cross my fingers.  I am still holding out hope BFV will be the game I hoped it would be.  Especially since the new CoD WW2 game was so awful I sold it the next day after buying it.

IMO the Battlefield series is the best FPS out there, so DICE has a high standard to hold.  CoD used to be the best back in the day, with CoD2 being the ultimate of perfection.  Especially with Capture the Flag, which nobody makes anymore....I guess out of pure laziness.

Meanwhile I have to stick with BFV, especially since their initial release was a non-returnable digital download.
    dont feel bad that you wasted $80 you weren't to know it would be this bad.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think you have the ratio backwards, it's 90% EA (bad business decisions aimed at cutting costs) and 10% DICE (incompetence due to the loss of experienced devs).
  • disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I think you have the ratio backwards, it's 90% EA (bad business decisions aimed at cutting costs) and 10% DICE (incompetence due to the loss of experienced devs).
    Probably true.  Also, those 'talented devs' that left might well not have if it weren't EA ruining their franchise for them.